No Kiira Korpi at Worlds | Golden Skate

No Kiira Korpi at Worlds

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
What happened? Is she alright? ONe less beautiful skater at worlds I guess. I trust she wasn't worried about Gold, Osmond, Liza, Kanako and Adeline possibly beating her and that she may not have such an easy ride staying in the top ten.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
she is a veteran
but she left the door open especially for the young ladies

some other girls are probably getting bigger chances
like Zijun, Leonova, Gracie and Ashley might get what they came for
and Osmond now looks like a sure lock for top 5 or bronze medal

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
They say she hurt her leg. She wants to be ready for Sochi so she doesn't think it's good to possibly aggravate her injury at Worlds.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
that's smart of her, but I hope whoever skates for Finland can at least place high enough to assure two spots :cry:

Drat! I completely understand that she doesn't want to risk her health before Sochi, but I'm really sorry not to see her at Worlds this year. And I'm sorry that Finland might drop down low enough so as not to get two spots for Sochi.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kiira has painful Achilles tendonitis. The pain subsided when she took time off the ice and trained lightly, but once she went back to normal competition training, the pain came back full force. This is the same kind of injury that forced Laura Lepisto to retire prematurely.

BTW, I think sky_fly20 is seeing pie in the sky when he/she says Osmond is a lock for top 5 or bronze now that Korpi is out. :laugh:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Drat! I completely understand that she doesn't want to risk her health before Sochi, but I'm really sorry not to see her at Worlds this year. And I'm sorry that Finland might drop down low enough so as not to get two spots for Sochi.

Agree((( I hope she saves this year's sp for Sochi - it's just so beautiful...Anyway, wish her speedy recovery! it's a smart decision from her but I feel for Finland..I remember they always had an amazing field of ladies

figuristka

Medalist
Kiira has painful Achilles tendonitis. The pain subsided when she took time off the ice and trained lightly, but once she went back to normal competition training, the pain came back full force. This is the same kind of injury that forced Laura Lepisto to retire prematurely.

BTW, I think sky_fly20 is seeing pie in the sky when he/she says Osmond is a lock for top 5 or bronze now that Korpi is out. :laugh:

How disappointing for her, she had such a good showing at Rostelecom this season. I really hope she heals enough to compete in Sochi and skate well. Her programs are lovely this year. Maybe she can keep her short for next season. Get well soon Kiira. :cry:

Welcome, invisiblespiral. Sorry the occasion is a sad one. I hope you like it here. Post often, post long!

Greetings, Invisiblespiral.

Maybe when you're celebrating your one-year anniversary on GS, we'll all be watching Kiira compete in Sochi. It would be so convenient for her to get there. After all, Finland is right next to Russia, though of course not the part where the Black Sea is.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So sorry for Kiira. I hope she heals completely so that she'll be back 100% for the Olympic season.

vera01

Final Flight
It's really an unfortunate thing for Kiira. I hope she'll recover quickly. :cry:

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Without a doubt. :rolleye: Because Kiira was the only thing standing in the way of that.

why not ?
If Osmond skates clean she will be in Top 5 for sure or might get bronze medal skating in home ground
Kiira was a top 5-7 material, even with her meltdowns in her LP's she gets high beauty PCS

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
She is such a delightful skater. Good quality though I think a bit overrated, she glides nicely and looks great on the ice. She is wise to heal and focus on the Olympics. ON a side note she is so beautiful the Black Sea would probably part for her to go to the Olympics lol.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Oh and my two bits, Korpi's withdrawl just makes Osmond's chances of being in the top ten a little easier. But top 5 - good grief I think Gold has a better chance. My way of seeing it is in the top ten you have Mao, Carolina, Yuna, Suzuki, Kanako, Wagner, Liza, Adeline and a battle with Gold, Osmond, Russia no. 3 (does anyone know what happpened to Leonova???), Elene G, the Chinese lady and maybe Marchesi?