Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Thread: No Kiira Korpi at Worlds

  1. #16
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    559
    It's really an unfortunate thing for Kiira. I hope she'll recover quickly.
    Last edited by vera01; 02-21-2013 at 05:39 AM.

  2. #17
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,240
    Kiira you will be missed at Worlds. Get well soon.

  3. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Without a doubt. Because Kiira was the only thing standing in the way of that.
    why not ?
    If Osmond skates clean she will be in Top 5 for sure or might get bronze medal skating in home ground
    Kiira was a top 5-7 material, even with her meltdowns in her LP's she gets high beauty PCS

  4. #19
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,028
    She is such a delightful skater. Good quality though I think a bit overrated, she glides nicely and looks great on the ice. She is wise to heal and focus on the Olympics. ON a side note she is so beautiful the Black Sea would probably part for her to go to the Olympics lol.

  5. #20
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,028
    Oh and my two bits, Korpi's withdrawl just makes Osmond's chances of being in the top ten a little easier. But top 5 - good grief I think Gold has a better chance. My way of seeing it is in the top ten you have Mao, Carolina, Yuna, Suzuki, Kanako, Wagner, Liza, Adeline and a battle with Gold, Osmond, Russia no. 3 (does anyone know what happpened to Leonova???), Elene G, the Chinese lady and maybe Marchesi?

  6. #21
    ~high art~
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    636
    That's so sad... Her skating is always a pleasure. Hoping for quick recovery!

  7. #22
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,672
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    why not ?
    If Osmond skates clean she will be in Top 5 for sure or might get bronze medal skating in home ground
    Kiira was a top 5-7 material, even with her meltdowns in her LP's she gets high beauty PCS
    Osmond didn't skate clean at 4CC. She hasn't skated a clean free skate anywhere this season except at Challenge, where she had no competition.

  8. #23
    Miserere Nobis
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas Darling
    Posts
    1,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Oh and my two bits, Korpi's withdrawl just makes Osmond's chances of being in the top ten a little easier. But top 5 - good grief I think Gold has a better chance. My way of seeing it is in the top ten you have Mao, Carolina, Yuna, Suzuki, Kanako, Wagner, Liza, Adeline and a battle with Gold, Osmond, Russia no. 3 (does anyone know what happpened to Leonova???), Elene G, the Chinese lady and maybe Marchesi?
    Has Adelina fixed her 3F yet? I thought she was still struggling with it at Euros. A popped 3F at Worlds will drop her like a rock.

    What happened to Leonova is debatable. She may be intimidated by the rise of Liza and Adelina, both of whom have huge jumps and the PCS to boot. She pops her double axel every time, so that could hint at a technical issue. But as someone else pointed out, she needs to get back in the right headspace in this last season before the Olympics, or she'll be known only as the Worlds silver medalist who skidded out of contention.

  9. #24
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,886
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post
    I hope she heals completely so that she'll be back 100% for the Olympic season.
    I echo iluvtodd.
    I hate the fact a lot that series of injuries has been preventing great Finnish ladies skaters from winning/medaling at the Worlds over the years...Jenni VÄHÄMAA, Laura LEPISTÖ, now Kiira KORPI...

    Get well soon, Kiira!

  10. #25
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,028
    Well I am happy Lepisto won a world bronze but it was a lucky bronze and barely. It was close enough that she could have been sixth even behind Phaneuf from Canada. The Finns are good skaters but have always been a bit short technically - beautiful though.

  11. #26
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Well I am happy Lepisto won a world bronze but it was a lucky bronze and barely. It was close enough that she could have been sixth even behind Phaneuf from Canada. The Finns are good skaters but have always been a bit short technically - beautiful though.
    That's not entirely true. Elina Kettunen and Susanna Pöykiö had solid flips and lutzes. Alisa Drei skated occasional 7 triple LP's. Even Mila Kajas could do a triple lutz in the second half of the program. They had other things holding them back.

  12. #27
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,028
    Quote Originally Posted by pohatta View Post
    That's not entirely true. Elina Kettunen and Susanna Pöykiö had solid flips and lutzes. Alisa Drei skated occasional 7 triple LP's. Even Mila Kajas could do a triple lutz in the second half of the program. They had other things holding them back.
    Well, they can do them but not all that consistently. Other than Poykio the others are barely a blip on the skating recognition meter and certainly not medal if not top ten contenders - maybe Drei.

    I hope Korpi heals well; she is smart. Though I know this sounds weird; we all enjoy the thrill of the olympics I just hate to see heartbreak. I hope all the skaters know we love them whether they make it to the olympics or not or win a medal.

    It is kind of sad just say 7 minutes of skating or so determines your "value" but they should all realize they are valuable regardless of their Olympic status. So few spots for the Oly gold and only three medals (usually )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •