Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 221

Thread: Which Ladies Can Skate a 130+ LP at Worlds?

  1. #1
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,204

    Which Ladies Can Skate a 130+ LP at Worlds?

    To medal, I think the skaters are going to have to skate a solid SP (65+) and a solid LP (130+).

    130+ LP this year: Liza, Mao, Carolina, Yuna.

    Ashley, Akiko, and Adelina have come close and those three have the potential to surpass 130 if clean (and, in Ashley's case, can add a 2A/3T or 3F/3T).

    No one else has even come close to the 130 mark internationally, and Liza might have trouble scoring over 60 in the SP with the PCS she gets, so it would appear likely that these skaters will occupy the top 7 spots (and the top 3 we expect to fill up the podium). Obviously, some of these skaters will not do their best and might finish outside the top 7 but it is going to be a tall order for skaters outside this group to break into the top 5.

  2. #2
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,933
    A clean Osmond, because it's in Canada, or Gold, because her jumps are monsters, could maybe do it as well but it will definitely be tough and I think they'd have to be foot perfect to put up 130+ internationally.

  3. #3
    Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,257
    The days of someone winning gold with a 180-185 total score are over with. I think the 4th and 5th place will score around 190-195 and the ones on the podium will be 195-200+...

  4. #4
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,490
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    The days of someone winning gold with a 180-185 total score are over with. I think the 4th and 5th place will score around 190-195 and the ones on the podium will be 195-200+...
    I am not so sure the scores will be that high for 4th and 5th. A lot depends on how generous are the pcs.

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,673
    The front runners for the podium have scored 70+ in the SP and 130+ in the LP.
    Unless they make 2 mistakes and the other girls have the skate of their lives, the podium is set.

  6. #6
    the Golden Era sky_fly20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,864
    Yuna - 155 +
    Kostner - 150 +
    Mao - 145+
    Osmond 140+ Canadian Inflation , 2 falls from Osmond will only get 120+
    Tuk , Gracie and Ashley 130 +

  7. #7
    Custom Title FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,336
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Yuna - 155 +
    That's really optimist: she received 145 with a clean program at Nationals, with 6 triples she can't reach 150 at international competitions, she would need more than 75 in the PCS and I don't think that the judges will give this to her...

  8. #8
    the Golden Era sky_fly20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,864
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    That's really optimist: she received 145 with a clean program at Nationals, with 6 triples she can't reach 150 at international competitions, she would need more than 75 in the PCS and I don't think that the judges will give this to her...
    Yuna always gets high PCS the once she will compete
    in Canada her top 3 main pcs competitors will be Kostner Mao and Osmond

    Yuna 73-75 PCS, Mao Carolina and Osmond 70+

  9. #9
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    7,367
    Um the only time Yuna Kim reached 150+ was at the 2010 Olympics. When the judges were giving PBs like candy and the skaters performed at their optimal best. Not to mention that you don't have the spiral sequence anymore in the FS. And in fact Yuna is the only skater to have reached 150+ EVER.

    And only a handful of skaters have reached 130+. Out of the present crowd that's Yuna, Mao and Carolina. Ashley, Adelina and Akiko PBs are in the high 120s.

  10. #10
    the Golden Era sky_fly20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Um the only time Yuna Kim reached 150+ was at the 2010 Olympics. When the judges were giving PBs like candy and the skaters performed at their optimal best. Not to mention that you don't have the spiral sequence anymore in the FS. And in fact Yuna is the only skater to have reached 150+ EVER.

    And only a handful of skaters have reached 130+. Out of the present crowd that's Yuna, Mao and Carolina. Ashley, Adelina and Akiko PBs are in the high 120s.
    i know but Worlds generally will ge inflated scores too
    lets see how they will score it especially pre olympic season

    Yuna will get 150+
    Mao and Carolina and Osmond will get pcs 70+
    Gracie, Liza and Ashley maybe Adelina can get 120 -to 130 +

    my standing
    Yuna 150 +,
    Osmond 145 + if Mao and Carolina have too much doubles they are still capable of scoring 130+, see EC 2013
    the rest will play catch with these big Top 4

  11. #11
    ~high art~
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    608
    155+ is impossible unless it's a skating god competing, considering 160 is a maximum score she can get if she receives +3 GOE on every single element and a perfect PCS (80) with current jump layout.

    I think 75+ PCS is manageable if she skates like Vancouver LP, since everyone's getting higher PCS this season by a pretty large margin.

  12. #12
    the Golden Era sky_fly20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,864
    exactly:
    if everyone skates their potential

    it will be a Yuna-Mao-Carolina
    but if the other two falters, Osmond will sneak the silver or bronze medal.

    Yun can get 75+ pcs if Carolina can score a 70+

  13. #13
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,262
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Yuna - 155 +
    Kostner - 150 +
    Mao - 145+
    Osmond 140+ Canadian Inflation , 2 falls from Osmond will only get 120+
    Osmond received 115.89 for her best international FS (SC) with one fall and that was with "Canadian inflation".
    TES: 57.28
    PCS: 59.61

    At 4CC, she got 103.16 for a one-fall FS with a singled double and a doubled triple.
    TES: 48.72
    PCS: 55.44

    Osmond hasn't cracked 60 PCS for her FS, so I don't see how she could reach 70.
    If she's scored below 120 with one fall, I fail to see how she could score over 120 with two falls.
    Maybe when pigs fly.....

  14. #14
    the Golden Era sky_fly20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,864
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post


    Osmond received 115.89 for her best international FS (SC) with one fall and that was with "Canadian inflation".
    TES: 57.28
    PCS: 59.61

    At 4CC, she got 103.16 for a one-fall FS with a singled double and a doubled triple.
    TES: 48.72
    PCS: 55.44

    Osmond hasn't cracked 60 PCS for her FS, so I don't see how she could reach 70.
    If she's scored below 120 with one fall, I fail to see how she could score over 120 with two falls.
    Maybe when pigs fly.....
    because 4CC was held outside
    while Worlds will be on home ground
    Osmond will have a huge advantage with this and yes if she is clean judges will give her 70+ in pcs for FS
    with 2 falls plus inflation she will get 120+ only though

  15. #15
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,178
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Yuna - 155 +
    Kostner - 150 +
    Mao - 145+
    Osmond 140+ Canadian Inflation , 2 falls from Osmond will only get 120+
    Tuk , Gracie and Ashley 130 +
    Osmond 140+? I don't think so! 130 is a really high score under IJS. Yu Na might break 140 with a clean program, but then again, she has rarely skated her long program without mistakes. Osmond and Gracie should be thrilled if they get anything over 120. Neither is likely to get 130. Ashley can get high 120s with a clean program. I think she got around 129 at 4CC's last year. Mao won't skate clean, so there is no point in thinking she might. With two fairly minor mistakes--hand-down, doubling a triple, she will reach 130 if she does her triple axel. Tuk? Who knows. I would put her in the same category as Gold and Osmond.

    ETA: Kostner won't get more than 130 and might not get that. She isn't doing a 3-3, is she? I think she will score a few points above a clean Ashley, based on her PCS.
    Last edited by jenaj; 02-21-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •