Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Results 211 to 221 of 221

Thread: Which Ladies Can Skate a 130+ LP at Worlds?

  1. #211
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    So we all agree that Osmond will win?
    Hope not serious:-) no way she wins to ask your question...

  2. #212
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    del

  3. #213
    Custom Title LRK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,962
    I'm guessing it was a joke, yes.... In which case - of course she will.

  4. #214
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    So we all agree that Osmond will win?
    I dont think she a chance for gold with Mao and Yuna in
    but a couple of splatfests from other skaters plus hometown inflation,
    a generous LP score of 125+ for Osmond even with a fall I think will be enough for her to win the bronze medal

  5. #215
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    So we all agree that Osmond will win?
    She will not simply win. She will win with 140+ LP and 73 pcs.

  6. #216
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    She will not simply win. She will win with 140+ LP and 73 pcs.
    I see you're being conservative. She will get at minimum straight 10s.

  7. #217
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,606
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I dont think she a chance for gold with Mao and Yuna in
    but a couple of splatfests from other skaters plus hometown inflation,
    a generous LP score of 125+ for Osmond even with a fall I think will be enough for her to win the bronze medal
    I think she had an outside chance for bronze before 4CC, but was not as well received by the judges as I thought she would be. Yes she got high marks at SC but she won't get those kind of marks at Worlds because she can't get 8's on PCS when the judges have a direct comparison to Mao, Yuna, and Carolina. She might get a bit of a bump for skating at home but she's in that group of skaters behind Ashley, the Russians, and Akiko so that's a lot of more accomplished skaters she has to jump ahead of to get anywhere close to the podium.

  8. #218
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,606
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    I see you're being conservative. She will get at minimum straight 10s.
    That's only a slight improvement over the 9.25 she got from one judge for IN at SC...

  9. #219
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I think she had an outside chance for bronze before 4CC, but was not as well received by the judges as I thought she would be. Yes she got high marks at SC but she won't get those kind of marks at Worlds because she can't get 8's on PCS when the judges have a direct comparison to Mao, Yuna, and Carolina. She might get a bit of a bump for skating at home but she's in that group of skaters behind Ashley, the Russians, and Akiko so that's a lot of more accomplished skaters she has to jump ahead of to get anywhere close to the podium.
    Worlds will be in Canada
    Osmond for sure will get inflated marks like Skate Canada but with much higher inflation
    and its not out of the question, Gachinski was able to win bronze also on home ground on his Worlds debut

  10. #220
    Custom Title ks777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,071
    yes I was just kidding

  11. #221
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    I had a sudden flashback to Holly Cook of Bountiful, Utah, a charming skater who suddenly found herself on the World podium in bronze place...at the Worlds that were held in Salt Lake City, Utah, in 1990. She was a national bronze winner that year, and a few years earlier she had won the Nebelhorn Trophy. After that, another year skating, with sixth place at Nationals, and then nothing. But she sure had a banner year, one that she doubtless still remembers with pride and pleasure. Talk about a hometown heroine. Sometimes these things happen. I hope Osmond has a longer and more excellent future ahead of her, but at this moment, there is a bit of a queue ahead of her for the podium.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •