Which Ladies Can Skate a 130+ LP at Worlds? | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Which Ladies Can Skate a 130+ LP at Worlds?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Yu-Na Kim
Mao Asada
Carolina Kostner
Akiko Suzuki
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
Adelina Sotnikova.
Ashley Wagner.
Gracie Gold.

You forgot Osmond
she is the biggest threat for Bronze or Silver if others implode
she will have an inflation advantage on home ground.

Bartek

On the Ice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WOf6-8lT9t0#t=95s

Both examples are so inferior to Caro's 3Flip above in both height and distance and speed and air position and everything else.
If you think a few wiggles here and there 5 seconds before the jump add anything special to the jump or make the jump better than the example above, then you are alone. Oops, no, you are not alone. There are 2 other you. Judges showed they prefer Caro's flip, and loop to Irina's. Done deal.

Are you blind? Irina has perfect air position, perfect technique and actually carry more speed into it than Caro's flip from 2012 Worlds. Caro has recently slowed down and she is not as fast as she used to be. Irina was always very fast. The moves that Irina does before her 3F does make it more difficult to perform. ANY transitions that you have before your jumps make it more difficult. Carolina does nothing going in and nothing going out. The whole thing is a lot easier, you just focus on the jump. Just go to the ice rink and try yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZdQfX1W7c8&t=1m31s
Yet another superior flip of Irina's. Apart from linking steps preceeding the jump she has interesting exit. And it IS higher than Caro's flip from 2012 Worlds.

Interestingly, you only cut the part of the jump itself. Let's show it with the approach: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSOcYx7J9Lc&t=1m7s

In the examples provided by me Irina has the same flow or even better notwithstanding the size of the jump. Here she held the exit edge longer than Caro with wonderful flow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUYPoEOSwWU&t=1m6s
And again there are some moves going on while setting up the jump.

When did exactly judges showed that they prefer Caro's flip to Irina's one when both landed the jump cleanly? I've just gone through 2004-2005 season and everytime Irina nailed her triple flip (that is virtually at every competition she entered) Caro fell, had a step out or popped it to a double. Thus, how can you know which one they prefer? E.g. Irina got 0,86 GOE for both her triple flips at 2005 Euros but Carolina didn't manage to land the jump. At 2005 Worlds Irina got 1 for her 3F at QR where Caro got -0,6 for her flip combination. I fail to see how the jugdes prefer Caro's flip because the GOE says something different.

Maybe 2005-2006? They both competed at 2006 Euros but Carolina did just a double flip in her short where Irina got 1,16 for her 3F. Carolina did manage to land it in the free but got 0,86 which is less than 1,16 Irina got in the short. Interestingly, they both landed a clean 3Lo in the free skate at this competition so here we can compare. Irina got 0,86 for hers and Caro 0,71 for hers. It seems, to me at least, that Irina got higher GOE...

Last edited:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Can you prove this?

I would only accept as reliable and irrefutable proof:

_HD videos of all phases of the competitions (including figures) from the top 5

_HD video with dolby system audio of the winning LP including commentary by Peggy Fleming saying: "She's not just skating to Carmen. She is Carmen"

_HD video of the medal ceremony of both events with commentary by Dick Button saying "Simply the best" referring to Witt.

If you can't provide all this, please don't bother and make better use of your time doing something really productive instead.

Why would Dick Button complimenting Katarina Witt constitute proof of her being a two-time Olympic Gold Medalist? I'm confused, as your post makes no sense and is wrongheaded.

guanchi

On the Ice
Why would Dick Button complimenting Katarina Witt constitute proof of her being a two-time Olympic Gold Medalist? I'm confused, as your post makes no sense and is wrongheaded.

:unsure:
Well, he/she did ask for HD video with dolby audio- we must find proof beyond all irrefutable doubt, maybe we must wait till 4k upsampling with 768 kbps lossless audio, the verdict is still in pending...:unsure:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

To be fair, I think the poster was being sarcastic and funny. A :sarcasm: symbol would help, me thinks, but that's how I took it.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
To be fair, I think the poster was being sarcastic and funny. A :sarcasm: symbol would help, me thinks, but that's how I took it.

Eh, I took it far more negatively in my first post (which I deleted), so if that's the case, I completely missed the funny.

Puchi

On the Ice
At last someone get it! Emoticons inserted at the end of an intended joke is like a laugh track. You either get it and laugh on your own, or you don't and I must take all the blame for that. ;) (approved emoticon used)

LRK

Record Breaker
I'm guessing it was a joke, yes.... In which case - of course she will. ;)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
So we all agree that Osmond will win?

I dont think she a chance for gold with Mao and Yuna in
but a couple of splatfests from other skaters plus hometown inflation,
a generous LP score of 125+ for Osmond even with a fall I think will be enough for her to win the bronze medal

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I dont think she a chance for gold with Mao and Yuna in
but a couple of splatfests from other skaters plus hometown inflation,
a generous LP score of 125+ for Osmond even with a fall I think will be enough for her to win the bronze medal

I think she had an outside chance for bronze before 4CC, but was not as well received by the judges as I thought she would be. Yes she got high marks at SC but she won't get those kind of marks at Worlds because she can't get 8's on PCS when the judges have a direct comparison to Mao, Yuna, and Carolina. She might get a bit of a bump for skating at home but she's in that group of skaters behind Ashley, the Russians, and Akiko so that's a lot of more accomplished skaters she has to jump ahead of to get anywhere close to the podium.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I think she had an outside chance for bronze before 4CC, but was not as well received by the judges as I thought she would be. Yes she got high marks at SC but she won't get those kind of marks at Worlds because she can't get 8's on PCS when the judges have a direct comparison to Mao, Yuna, and Carolina. She might get a bit of a bump for skating at home but she's in that group of skaters behind Ashley, the Russians, and Akiko so that's a lot of more accomplished skaters she has to jump ahead of to get anywhere close to the podium.

Worlds will be in Canada
Osmond for sure will get inflated marks like Skate Canada but with much higher inflation
and its not out of the question, Gachinski was able to win bronze also on home ground on his Worlds debut