Which Ladies Can Skate a 130+ LP at Worlds? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Which Ladies Can Skate a 130+ LP at Worlds?

skatel80

On the Ice
I think that only Yuna, Caro and Mao are likely to get 130+ in the free if they skate well, however (and I know many wont agree with this) If in the unlikely event that Sotnikova puts it all together she could go 130+ aswell as she really has it all when she is on. I would say Liza as well but I think her pcs will prevent her from doing so especially up against all of these girls, and of course gracie could do absolutely anything.

On an unrelated note I find it rather sad that so many people are not able to see beyond their favourite skater and see that right now there are 3 ladies (Yuna, Caro and Mao) who are Incredible, soon enough these three girls will retire, maybe then these people will be able to see that all of these 3 are brilliant in there own right. obviously everyone will have their favourites but that doesnt mean that their favourite is the best at everything and no one else is anywhere near as good. for example I prefer Mao but I have no problem admitting that yunas short gave me chills at the olys and carolina has some of the most perfect jumps and glorious skating skills I have seen :) I am happy that I am able to enjoy this great period in ladies skating and sad that some others are unable to

Bartek

On the Ice
Wow!
So let me recap this nonsense
I: "Caro's flip is great. Amazing"
Yuna's fans: "Oh no, she telegraphed too much. That made the jump terrible."
I: "Telegraphing doesn't make it a bad jump. Look at the GOE for her flip. When she landed them cleanly, she got +2 GOE almost across the board."
Yuna's fans: "You don't know what you are talking about. Telegraphing a jump is a bad jump. Look up the rule"
I: "Look at what she's getting. +2, +3"
Yuna's fans: "She can't do a triple flip that often. And her lutz, god, who knows if she really keeps it on the outside edge"
I: "Urgh, what? Look again. Here's a video."
Yuna's fans: "Oh no, she's really inconsistent. Kim regularly get +2 on her flip consistently during the 2009-2010 season"
I: "What? Look at her records. She wasn't that consistent with the flip and she got some edge call. How can it be better?"
Yuna's fans: "Oh, but she does 3F-3T and she routinely got +2 +3. She just has better flip"
I: "Not really. The few times they competed head to head, Caro's flip got better GOE. Like the 2011 World."
Yuna's fans: "Oh, not fair. Yuna wasn't at her best"
I: "At the Olympics, where Yuna is at her best, her flip still got lower GOE"
Yuna's fans: "Oh, but she does 3F-3T. And she got +3 and +2 on her 3Lz-3T, too. Oh, and Michelle said she's awesome. And Scott and Sandra and everyone think she's the best. Her 3F is better than the Samsung Galaxy S4. She should get +4 GOE"

Good grief. I will stop here. :mad:

Why do you entitle EVERYONE who has something positive to say about Yu-Na as her fan/uber? Besides, you're simply showing the situation in such a way that it looks like everytime terrible Yu-Na fans are telling nonsense and trying to cover the truth with irrational arguments. I said that Yu-Na got huge GOE for her 3F-3Ts (apart from 2008-2009 but even then some judges gave her 2's, lipping notwithstanding) which is true and that she got huge GOE for her 3Lz-3Ts which is again true. Do I really need to go through all those competitions and provide you with Yu-Na's GOE that you've probably looked up many times but just cannot accept the fact that overall it's higher than Caro's? Yu-Na's GOE's on those two jumps (particularly when combined with 3Ts) are simply higher than Caro's and there is nothing about it which could understate Caro's jumps in any way.

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
skatel80 it's worth noting Liza already scored over 131 points for her FS at Europeans. Granted, the PCS were the highest she's ever gotten before there and it's not given they will be as high as Worlds, but considering she broke 130 at an ISU event already, I think she should be included on the list. And Adelina got 126+ with a 1f at Europeans, landing pretty much everything else, so I would agree that if you add in the points for a 3f (which she does off the right edge - the lutz is the one she sometimes gets calls for), that takes her over 130, keeping everything else the same. Again those were the highest PCS she's seen before so as with Liza, we'll see if those PCS repeat themselves, but on paper, it's possible for both of them.

guanchi

On the Ice
I think all 3 (yuna, mao, caro) can go over 130 if relatively clean- yuna is usually the cleanest, but the others programs have more triples so it's kind of a tossup- anything can happen.

What's more exciting is if all 3 went over 200pts- we've never seen a podium, except olympics, where everyone was over 200. If I remember, Yuna's had a couple of 200+ pts, and Miki at 2011 4cc had over 200, but the others on the podium were usually well behind. (Now that I checked, Mao was only 5 pts behind Miki at 2011 4cc.)

minze

Medalist
I think that only Yuna, Caro and Mao are likely to get 130+ in the free if they skate well, however (and I know many wont agree with this) If in the unlikely event that Sotnikova puts it all together she could go 130+ aswell as she really has it all when she is on. I would say Liza as well but I think her pcs will prevent her from doing so especially up against all of these girls, and of course gracie could do absolutely anything.

On an unrelated note I find it rather sad that so many people are not able to see beyond their favourite skater and see that right now there are 3 ladies (Yuna, Caro and Mao) who are Incredible, soon enough these three girls will retire, maybe then these people will be able to see that all of these 3 are brilliant in there own right. obviously everyone will have their favourites but that doesnt mean that their favourite is the best at everything and no one else is anywhere near as good. for example I prefer Mao but I have no problem admitting that yunas short gave me chills at the olys and carolina has some of the most perfect jumps and glorious skating skills I have seen :) I am happy that I am able to enjoy this great period in ladies skating and sad that some others are unable to

I agree with you well said. Mao is my favorite, I will admitted. But I will always admit that Kim is a very special skater with effortless jumps. I love Caro's aristry and her skating skills are excellent to my untrained eyes. I am so excited about kim and Caro at worlds eventhough I want Mao to win gold.

prettykeys

Medalist
I agree with skatel30 and Minze2001. YuNa, Mao, and Caro are extraordinary skaters who I don't see fast & easy replacements for once they retire.

Eddie Lee

On the Ice
Mark my word-- Osmond has no realistic chance of making top 5! So why continue to figure her in with this process?

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I agree with skatel30 and Minze2001. YuNa, Mao, and Caro are extraordinary skaters who I don't see fast & easy replacements for once they retire.

I am not so sure Caro is of the same quality as Yuna or even Mao (artistically et jump wise). Worlds tends to get inflated or have the best skating so more 130's are possible but usually only 3. Wagner and Gold are possible 130's; I don't think Liza or Adelina have enough to quite get there. Maybe 128 or 129.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Skater Boy said:
I am not so sure Caro is of the same quality as Yuna or even Mao (artistically et jump wise).

Then look closer :p
I really, really hope that Caro skates to her potential at worlds. Then people might finally admit that as a skater she is not behind Mao and Yuna.

Skater Boy said:
Wagner and Gold are possible 130's; I don't think Liza or Adelina have enough to quite get there. Maybe 128 or 129.

Wagner skated clean many times and never broke 130. Besides that, while she's more consistent, Liza is a way better jumper and Adelina has still more difficulty as Ashley and better spins and steps too. Two clean russian girls should very well beat Ashley.

hybfc

Rinkside
I am not so sure Caro is of the same quality as Yuna or even Mao (artistically et jump wise). Worlds tends to get inflated or have the best skating so more 130's are possible but usually only 3. Wagner and Gold are possible 130's; I don't think Liza or Adelina have enough to quite get there. Maybe 128 or 129.

caro is better than current yuna. she has better spins, stsq, skating skills, programs and interpretation. I would never bet on caro winning due to lack of consistency. But she is definitely on par with yuna and mao.

I guess only americans think wagner and gold are better than liza and adelina. Potentially adelina can score the highest among them. She is way better than wagner technically, and has better spins and pcs than liza and gold.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Mark my word-- Osmond has no realistic chance of making top 5! So why continue to figure her in with this process?

because she will be on home ground
mark my word if she skates clean Osmond will be almost at par with Carolina in pcs
even with 1 fall she will score a 120+ given her inflation potentials

Last edited:

mikeko666

Final Flight
Asada got 117+ with three triples at NHK, and surely can get 130+ with five triples. The same applies to Kim and Kostner because they are the judges favorites with reputation. The judges will try to compensate lost BV by inflating GOE and PCS. Asada actually earned GOE most at NHK.

Asada's GOE in FS
CoC: BV 50.27 GOE 4.26
NHK: BV 44.65 GOE 8.13
GPF: BV 55.78 GOE 7.67  
4CC: BV 59.54 GOE 3.66

The others won't be able to beat them if they landed seven clean triples. We may get to see an re-enactment of Gothenburg 2008.

vera01

Final Flight
caro is better than current yuna. she has better spins, stsq, skating skills, programs and interpretation. I would never bet on caro winning due to lack of consistency. But she is definitely on par with yuna and mao.

I guess only americans think wagner and gold are better than liza and adelina. Potentially adelina can score the highest among them. She is way better than wagner technically, and has better spins and pcs than liza and gold.

I think Yuna has better spins, but Caro does have better steps, SS(slightly better), and FS program compared to Yuna.

because she will be on home ground
mark my word if she skates clean Osmond will be almost at par with Carolina in pcs
even with 1 fall she will score a 120+ given her inflation potentials

Unfortunately, Osmond won't get inflated score she had at Canadian Nationals again. Even at Canadian Nationals, she wasn't able to receive 70+ PCS. And of course, even the PCS she received at Nationals(67.68) is an inflated score. It's not going to happen at Worlds, even if she skates without any mistakes at Worlds. It's World Championship, not a National.

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I think Yuna has better spins, but Caro does have better steps, SS(slightly better), and FS program compared to Yuna.

Unfortunately, Osmond won't get inflated score she had at Canadian Nationals again. Even at Canadian Nationals, she wasn't able to receive 70+ PCS. And of course, even the PCS she received at Nationals(67.68) is an inflated score. It's not going to happen at Worlds, even if she skates without any mistakes at Worlds. It's World Championship, not a National.

you forgot it will be on home ground soil. it has happen before remember Gachinski's
the judges wont be shy giving Osmond a 135+ with a clean LP rivaling her pcs close with Mao or Carolina
she is the outside threat amongst the three and with potential inflation boost

vera01

Final Flight
you forgot it will be on home ground soil. it has happen before remember Gachinski's
the judges wont be shy giving Osmond a 135+ with a clean LP rivaling her pcs close with Mao or Carolina
she is the outside threat amongst the three and with potential inflation boost

Yes, but she received 67.68 at Canadian Nationals which was held in Canada. Judges even gave +GOE for her flutz at Nationals. I don't think international judges who would be at Worlds would act as if it was a one of those Nationals with huge inflated scores.

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Yes, but she received 67.68 at Canadian Nationals which was held in Canada. Judges even gave +GOE for her flutz at Nationals. I don't see why international judges who would be at Worlds would act as if it was a one of those Nationals with huge inflated scores.

exactly on home ground soil
I think she can crack a 70-72 pcs rivaling Carolina and Mao's
if others falter Osmond will be a lock for the bronze

vera01

Final Flight
exactly on home ground soil
I think she can crack a 70-72 pcs rivaling Carolina and Mao's
if others falter Osmond will be a lock for the bronze

Wait.. sorry, I made a mistake with my sentence there. I changed "I don't see why" to "I don't think"...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
two possibility scenraios here
if Carolina or Mao implode
then the podium will be

1 Yuna
2 Osmond
3 Carolina

or

1 Yuna
2 Mao
3 Osmond

vera01

Final Flight
Well, one of the worst Mao we've seen this season still scored 180+, and placed over Lipnitskaia at CoC. On the other hand, Osmond never scored more than 180+ at international competitions. Kaetlyn might be more consistent than Gracie or Adelina, but clean Adelina or Gracie won't have any problem placing over Kaetlyn. I don't think Kaetlyn's potential score goes over 190 anyway, even if her score is going to be inflated at Worlds. With no 3+3 in her FS, flutz, and no 3Lo, she's not much of a competitive skater compared to clean Gracie, Adelina, Liza, Yuna, Carolina, Mao, and even Ashley. I doubt her goal is to place inside podium-even the skaters like Liza, Gracie and Adelina won't easily get on the podium.

Last edited: