Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Should Russia select Leonova or Gosviani for Worlds?

Banned
    Gosviani's best skate will be Leonova's worst score in 150+
    and Gosviani will get lower PCS, so I think Leonova is doing okaish in the test skate so better send her
    she wont have that much pressure anyways as she will be the 3rd russian lady

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Moment View Post
    I don't know, what I know is I'd rather watch Gosviani perform.
    Me too so I would pick Nikol Gosviani who's next in line but if they go with Alena I would get it.

Custom Title
    If the sport would be fair and the judges would judge the skater in the day and the moment instead of reputation for program component: I would send Nikol Gosviani

But because figure skating is a question of reputation especially in the ladies field : I would send Alena Leonova

*It would be much fair to send Gosviani, I would like it very much, she deserved it considering that it difficult to be selected in Russia with all of thoses talent girl.
    She has do a great job at nationals and Euro, so she deserved her place as the Russian number 3 skater

Medalist
    My choice... Alena Leonova.

She has been strugle all season, but she was 2nd las year (surprisingly... Another surprise this year?) and she has experience in big stage. The others no.

To a good place GioSvani has to skate very well and Leonova not.

Alena can get better place than Adelina and Elizavete, if these not skate well, but this is more difficult to Giosvani.

More... Spins, presentation, fame of Leonova is so much high than Giosvani.

... And I love Alena Leonova.

Medalist
    Right now....

Checked... is to ALENA LEONOVA.

http://www.examiner.com/article/list...pan-russia-u-s

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    Whilst Gosviani has great potential, she is also very inconsistent at the moment.

Leonova is as inconsistent as Gosviani, even more so.

Gosviani skated decently at her last four events. Far from perfect but jumps were mostly there. And unlike Leonova, she has a beautiful posture and lines and skates to the music.

Leonova only won Russian Cup because the judges helped her a lot. She doesn't tick most PCS boxes at the best of times but there it was even worse than usual. She was sluggish, lacked attack and spark and was just going through the motions, without any kind of performance skills or conviction displayed.

Neither Leonova, nor Gosviani are going to factor in the 3 Sochi spots anyway. Tuk and Sot will surely be the two highest placed Russian skaters and it's only their placement that will count.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 02-22-2013 at 07:16 AM.

I think this year she will skate with great attack. She will peak. I think se deserves her 3 spot. It is nice to see her cinfidence in her performance. She looks beautiful now, a sexy woman next to the little girls. I think she is a big fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    They're both Kind of irrelevant to Sochi and 2013 worlds compared to tuktamisheva and sotnikova and then lipnitskaya probably. There's no reason To punish leonova or act like she needs to get her stuff together - she's irrelevant. Strategically it might work better for tuktamisheva and sotnikova at worlds if leonova wasn't there at all. There the number 1 and 2 skaters and why have the world silver medalist around at all Getting attention when her future is so in doubt.
    You are so passive aggressive
    On topic however I would send Leonova since (as already mentioned) she is the reigning world silver medalist and has the experience being at such an event.
    Last edited by Slowdive; 02-22-2013 at 08:26 AM.

Custom Title
    It is quite logic to give a chance to the reigning Silver Medalist unless the other one is so much better than her.
    And Gosviani is not that much better, at least not surely yet.

Custom Title
    IMO, Leonova peaked last year and is on her way down. Gosviani has a promising future. I'd rather pick the one with the future.

However, the Worlds roster has been posted, and Leonova got the spot.

http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00051438.htm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2