Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Russian Team

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    I'm happy for Leonova and hope she sees this as an opportunity and skates with her usual sparking personality and fighting spirit. I don't know why she has skated badly this season.
    Apparently it's "a boy problem".

You mean unhappy love? Well, I guess tha can destroy your skating :(

Quote Originally Posted by Redstone View Post
    Oh god... please tell me she didn't sleep with Morozov too...

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by Redstone View Post
    Where'd you hear that?

Custom Title
    Alena's comments do her no justice (see FSU forum). You would think that after barely making the world team she'd focus on the positive and try to emulate the success shown by the rest of her group. Instead she chooses to complain about food and accommodation while preparing for worlds!! Is she nuts? It's a three week stint at most maybe? Doesn't she not know that Nicol would give anything to be in her place? I know she has the right to say anything she wants to say but doesn't she see the bigger picture at all? Does she not know that this could be her last hurrah? Elena, Nicol, Julia will all be nipping at her heels in no time...not to mention the others I'm forgetting..

She doesn't seem to be a mature athlete at all, disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Oh god... please tell me she didn't sleep with Morozov too...
    lol. Gross**

Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    Alena's comments do her no justice (see FSU forum). You would think that after barely making the world team she'd focus on the positive and try to emulate the success shown by the rest of her group. Instead she chooses to complain about food and accommodation while preparing for worlds!! Is she nuts? It's a three week stint at most maybe? Doesn't she not know that Nicol would give anything to be in her place? I know she has the right to say anything she wants to say but doesn't she see the bigger picture at all? Does she not know that this could be her last hurrah? Elena, Nicol, Julia will all be nipping at her heels in no time...not to mention the others I'm forgetting..

She doesn't seem to be a mature athlete at all, disappointing
    If I wanted to see the FSU forum I'd go there. Can you be more specific please?

Custom Title
    It was so blasé ,a real nothing. Do you like going to the us? Not really. Why? The food and lodging. End of story.
    Last edited by gmyers; 02-28-2013 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    If I wanted to see the FSU forum I'd go there. Can you be more specific please?
    There was just an article some time ago during the grand prix (maybe in the US) when she complained that the athletes are fed poorly and there isn't much variety. She said she didn't like it. In general, whenever Leonova gives an interview, she often talks about the unimportant stuff instead of focusing on training. She complains A LOT. That is why some people question how she could possibly be successful this season when in her interviews she never sounds like she is trying to improve.

Custom Title
    Well she did improve so not sounding like it in an interview months ago is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Well she did improve so not sounding like it in an interview months ago is meaningless.
    Yes, she can actually land a few jumps now, better than nothing a few months ago.

Custom Title
    She was always landing 4 to 5 triples

Custom Title
    Leonova landed exactly two clean triples in her Russian Cup win, and that was for both SP and FS. I'd hardly call that 'improved'. If she skates like that at Worlds, she won't be in the top 10.

I agree that she should be far more concerned about her skating than her food and lodging. She comes across as a ditz.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    Alena's comments do her no justice (see FSU forum). You would think that after barely making the world team she'd focus on the positive and try to emulate the success shown by the rest of her group. Instead she chooses to complain about food and accommodation while preparing for worlds!! Is she nuts?
    PChan also chose to complain about "cow food" Sochi to which "their Russian bodies got used to with all the cigarettes they smoke. The "greasy greens" and lack of "organic chicken" is the reason of his fiasco in GPF. I don't see where anyone here or on any other forum is ranting about that. I myself brought the link with his quotes to sports.ru with its 550,000 users (half a mil is no a typo) and it stayed in "discussion" for 10 minutes or less. Then it was just gone and folks moved on to smth. more interesting than someone's miserable excuses. So, it's not Lenova's fault that some people got hurt too much by her words.

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    She was always landing 4 to 5 triples
    please open your eyes and look at reality. As much as I like leonova, it is not true. She has not been landing four triples.the whole season. She has bombed every single comp except for Russian cup. There is no point in you repeating the same stuff all te time when that is not the way it is. Sheesh!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast