Custom Title

Leonova and Kovtun get a chance to go to Worlds

That's confirmed.
    So it means that ladies: Tuk, Adele, Alyona
    Men: Maxim
    Pairs: V/T, B/L, K/S
    Dancing: I/K, B/S, R/T

Custom Title
    Kovtun is doing well but not sure it's top 10 senior worlds level but then again no one eligible is likely top 10. Possible but not likely.

Rus fed should have just sent leonova to euros.
    Last edited by gmyers; 02-22-2013 at 11:48 AM.

Custom Title
    Leonove had better up her game next season if she wants to make the Olympic team. Besides Tuk and Adelina who seem to be sure things she will have to fight off Julie, Gosviani and perhaps even Korobeynikova if she can get it together. Even Pogorilaya will be eligible for the Olympics though she's a long shot and will probably stay on the JGP for another year.
    Last edited by Jammers; 02-22-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Poor Menshov and Voronov!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Leonove had better up her game next season if she wants to make the Olympic team. Besides Tuk and Adelina who seem to be sure things she will have to fight off Julie, Gosviani and perhaps even Korobeynikova if she can get it together. Even Pogorilaya will be eligible for the Olympics though she's a long shot and will probably stay on the JGP for another year.
    Alena has had her turn as #1 Russian lady and it seems her turn is over. She's unlikely to make it to Sochi when there's a slew of younger ladies who can outjump and outperform her.

I just want to see her do her Pirate short program.....Haaaarrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Alena has had her turn as #1 Russian lady and it seems her turn is over. She's unlikely to make it to Sochi when there's a slew of younger ladies who can outjump and outperform her.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Leonova was the #1 Senior Russian lady for 4 years. Props to her.

She shouldn't be going to Worlds this year according to the rules, though, because Russia should only have 2 spots this year.

I will always think of this performance when I want to recall Leonova fondly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLWyDoEryUg

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Leonova was the #1 Senior Russian lady for 4 years. Props to her.

She shouldn't be going to Worlds this year according to the rules, though, because Russia should only have 2 spots this year.

What are you talking about? The combined placements of her and Makarova at last year's worlds was less than 13. They earned 3 spots for this year's worlds without question.

Custom Title
    Wrong, wrong, wrong. Poor Menshov. He did everything he was asked, he had a good season and beat Kovtun at Nationals as well as scoring higher than Kovtun on three occasions (NRW, CoR and Russian Cup)...and he still gets screwed.

Well, I think they are sending whoever they think is most likely to get two spots. And since the judges seem to like Kovtun, aren't they right?

Custom Title
    Why doesn't Leonova go back to her old routines since she seemed more comfortable with them. I have to admit she sells that witches and pirate routines. How I am not sure but she is flying out there.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Wrong, wrong, wrong. Poor Menshov. He did everything he was asked, he had a good season and beat Kovtun at Nationals as well as scoring higher than Kovtun on three occasions (NRW, CoR and Russian Cup)...and he still gets screwed.
    Menshov's chances of competing in Sochi might be better though with Kovtun competing. Kovtun is more likely to place top 10 honestly, so if he gets 2 spots, if Plushenko doesn't compete, then Menshov may have Kovtun to THANK for his getting to compete at the Olympics. Idk. With one spot it's a crap shoot anyways, I see why they want to back the tall handsome 17 year old with killer jumps over the 30 year old with a history of being inconsistent.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecmu0503 View Post
    What are you talking about? The combined placements of her and Makarova at last year's worlds was less than 13. They earned 3 spots for this year's worlds without question.
    Leonova deserved 5th place last year, Makarova deserved 10th place at best.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Thank you for posting this! Wow, her jumps are sharp and so much emotions into the witch's character with deatiled chereography here!

I miss THIS Leonova A LOT, full of energy, charms and smiles which we normally see from the youth and we amdire a lot.

Boy I can only imagine if Kovtum does not come through with those two spots...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast