Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2013 World Figure Skating Championships: Entries

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    He's just failed to get his SP score at the Challenge Cup where he bombed again (two falls and a step out).
    He already had the SP score and just made the LP today so he's good to go. Justus Strid qualified too.

Custom Title
    I am pretty sure P/T will be competing, even with unrecovered injuries, as long as competing at Worlds does not worsen the injuries. Even without the single jumps, they will still score much higher than any other Chinese team. So having one team as substitute is reasonable. Z/W are simply too far away to be top contenders: from the FCC performances, it looks like they have not learned how to do singles yet.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiKike View Post
    He already had the SP score and just made the LP today so he's good to go. Justus Strid qualified too.
    Thanks for correcting me on that. Awesome news!

Quote Originally Posted by hippomoomin View Post
    Z/W are simply too far away to be top contenders: from the FCC performances, it looks like they have not learned how to do singles yet.
    If you only sent people to Worlds if they could be a top contender, we'd have something like 6 skaters/teams entered. Also, recall how Pang/Tong looked in their first Worlds performances.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 02-24-2013 at 07:15 AM.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Chinese Federation officials are doing a great job hurting their own skaters over and over and over again.

Yan Han would most likely easily place top 10. Song Nan most likely won't.

Again Chinese Federation being ridiculous. I also think P/T and S/H will withdraw. Why not give other teams a chance?
    Don't you think song is going to be hurt if they send yan? After all, he is the one who won nationals. And song is definitely capable of earning 2 spots for china even though yan looks like the better bet now. Yan withdrawing junior worlds shows chinese fed does consider sending him. That still may happen.

It is ridiculous to give other teams a chance now. Who can possibly earn 3 spots for china except them?

Custom Title
    Romain Ponsart posted this on his Facebook account:
    "Grosse déception, je viens d'apprendre mon forfait au championnat du monde, sans justification de la part de la fédération... En attente de réponses.... je n'ai pas de mots.... :'("

Google translate: Big disappointment, I just learned my withdrawal in the world championship without justification from the federation ... Waiting for answers .... I have no words .... : '(

French fed classy as always..

Custom Title
    I guess that means France is only sending two men to Worlds instead of three. Just like the French federation---their heads are somewhere up their you-know-what.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by hybfc View Post
    It is ridiculous to give other teams a chance now. Who can possibly earn 3 spots for china except them?
    Pang/Tong and Sui/Han might withdraw so they should have alternates ready just in case.

"Grosse déception, je viens d'apprendre mon forfait au championnat du monde, sans justification de la part de la fédération... En attente de réponses.... je n'ai pas de mots.... :'("

Google translate: Big disappointment, I just learned my withdrawal in the world championship without justification from the federation ... Waiting for answers .... I have no words .... : '(

What the hell?!!!!

And why isn't Besseghier sent? He was top 10 at Euros for god's sake!!!

Custom Title

I just entered on his FB page and can't see this message posted, last one is dated January 15, what is going on??

Custom Title
    Besseghier should get to go I agree. It really frustrates me when this sort of thing happens. Stupid French fed. Argh. And I guess Song is going to Worlds and that's a done deal. However, if he doesn't place top 10 I'm going to be very sad for Yan who I think would have significantly better odds for getting China 2 Olympic spots. Oh the questionable judgements of figure skating federations...they never stop do they? Gah.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2