Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
I quite enjoyed the Oscars - I watch them every year, though I keep wondering why, but it's become quite a tradition for me... Unfortunately for the last years I've been stuck with the inane would-be-witticisms and "deep" insights of "Filip & Fredrik" on Kanal 9 (can't they find someone who actually knows film - like Hans Wiklund for example?!?). To illustrate my torture, I intend merely to mention that they called Liam Neeson "not top-notch" - the context in which it was said was even more head-scratching, but I think that gem will suffice. Trying to follow their "thought processes" might make someone's brain explode....
I always love the Oscars because they make me aware of the history of film going way back. I very rarely get bored. There's always some feature, some group of announcers, some splendid dress that will make watching it worthwhile. I agree that Liam Neeson was one of the high points this year. The other ones for me were all the musical performances, with Les Mis at the top. As every singer comes out and adds his or her energy to the chorus, the effect intensifies. Then there were the dances, with Charlize Theron and Channing Tatum blissfully romantic and the three guys (including Daniel Radcliffe) hoofing like grand old vaudevillians.