Victims of techincal minimums fall through the cracks | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Victims of techincal minimums fall through the cracks

Lady Lorna

Spectator
Based upon my limited knowledge, I would not assume that any of the teams I mentioned have the authority to determine which or how many competitions they attend. Nor would I make any assumptions regarding which federations pay for what. I do know that some of those teams had already achieved the minimums last season. They were not chasing after technical panels this season.

conga

On the Ice
That is a very important point. Ice Dance development has been extremely successful but the ISU is not increasing opportunities and access for the teams.

Only 20 make it to FD, only 8 at GP events. :(

^^^^this

conga

On the Ice
I would like to understand why Canada ruled against a Senior B as well.

And yes, there should be at least one post Nationals senior B in North America. Right now, there is just one (Salt Lake), and it is at the start of the season.

^^^^and this. Is there any rumor of talk again regarding Canada hosting a Senior B in the upcoming season?

Please correct me if I am wrong about the mentioned teams but I would expect that their federations would allow them to go to as many competitions as they like as long as they paid their own way. Many of these teams just kept competing until they found a tech panel that gave them the minimum score. From what I know in Canada and US the federations do not allow their skaters to attend senior B unless they are chosen and the federation does pay for some of the costs. The skaters could not attend more even if they wanted to pay. I would think that if North American skaters were allowed to go to any competition they wanted to and pay for it we would see many more at European Senior b.

Yes. It's a huge huge mistake on USFS' and SC's part not to allow their skaters to go to as many competitions as they would like, provided they pay their own costs.

When NISA did a consultation exercise with the ISU involved on how they can improve their skating program, it was one of the things that has come up. Ever since then, loads of British skaters at all levels have been attending various international competitions.

Based upon my limited knowledge, I would not assume that any of the teams I mentioned have the authority to determine which or how many competitions they attend. Nor would I make any assumptions regarding which federations pay for what. I do know that some of those teams had already achieved the minimums last season. They were not chasing after technical panels this season.

You don't need to make any assumptions because it's all transparent.