Parking for Worlds | Golden Skate

Parking for Worlds

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Waterblades, thank you sp much for all the info. you've been giving us! I just got our parking passes from this shuttle/parking service mentioned above. I'm sure there are cheaper ways to do this but I don't have the energy to go after them. I'm happy to pay a bit more and have the guarantee of a ride/parking.
Now I have to tackle our hotel! We reserved months ago and stipulated that we needed a ground floor unit as I can't do stairs. Now they're saying, we can probably have one and we'll see if we can accommodate you closer to the event! Why do hotels do this? I get this a lot. Do they somehow think that I am going to miraculously be able to do things that I have not been physically capable of for years? They must get a lot of people who are able-bodied and just want the extra comfort. Luckily, my friend who booked it is a former union negotiator for the school board and she is on their case. If we have any problem, I'm going to call the local newspaper and make a real fuss! It's certainly not easy being a skate fan when you're less than completely able-bodied! This World's is going to be a once in a lifetime thing for me.

emdee

Final Flight
Scrufflet
I totally sympathise as the London Holiday Inn Express conveniently cancelled my res. I didnt receive an email from them like they stated. Then they want me to stay in a 'roach' motel.Now we have to stay at some distance away and drive to the event. We were also able to get the parking pass.

JAK

Spectator
There are only 1400 parking spots in Downtown London and that is for the event and people working downtown. Skate Canada's prepaid parking went on sale yesterday and sold out. Parking may be a head ache. The worlds2013 website has some options. Some hotels are considering shuttles. Staybridge suites hasn't made a final decision (should know by the start of next week) but if they do it will be $20-$30 per person per day. Cabs to the Exeter road area will run about $20 each way.

The roads around the arena will be closed but one side will be a drop off/pickup area.

My suggestion is if you're driving leave plenty of time.

Scrufflet

Final Flight
I reserved the parking/bus pass but am realizing that it might be better to do something else. Sure you're guaranteed drop-off at Budweiser but it's $60.00 per person, not per car so we might just drive to a school or mall lot, then cab it from there. Luckily we haven't paid for the permit yet, just reserved it.
Agh. Nothing is easy.

waterblades

On the Ice
Scrufflet
I totally sympathise as the London Holiday Inn Express conveniently cancelled my res. I didnt receive an email from them like they stated. Then they want me to stay in a 'roach' motel.Now we have to stay at some distance away and drive to the event. We were also able to get the parking pass.
That is terrible!! I am really sad to hear that happened to you, what hotel did they put you at maybe it's not that bad.

Not sure if you are I interested but a friend of mine is renting her downtown condo that week very reasonsble price and walking distance to the arena, I posted the info in the for sale section.

I don't think we ever dreamed the city would run out of hotel rooms. I know they are now having to send people to Stratford which is an hour away. Even the town close by are full.

Last edited:

waterblades

On the Ice
I reserved the parking/bus pass but am realizing that it might be better to do something else. Sure you're guaranteed drop-off at Budweiser but it's $60.00 per person, not per car so we might just drive to a school or mall lot, then cab it from there. Luckily we haven't paid for the permit yet, just reserved it.
Agh. Nothing is easy.[/QUOTE. Oh I didn't realize it was per person either not that cost effective.

That is a great idea there are a couple of schools near the Exeter hotels and they are pretty close to the bus stop.
the kids are on holiday that week so the schools will be empty.

waterblades

On the Ice
More Tips

London Life will have event parking in the evening/weekends and all money will be going to a local charity.
They are located on the corner of Queen and Clarance.

emdee

Final Flight
Hi Waterblades
We have a booking at the Best Western but would love a condo instead. Best Western is fully cancellable Can you PM me on the name of the condo etc.
It will be for my daughter and myself.
Many thanks

JAK

Spectator
More Skate Canada parking lot spaces have been released and are on the Budweiser gardens website.

waterblades

On the Ice
More Parking Tips.

The London Convention Centre will have parking as well just $10 for the day, it is located at York and Wellington. It was mentioned on twitter and facebook today.

During the Figure Skating World Championships you can park in our underground parking lot for $10/day. (entrance at the east end of the LCC)

Parking will be subject to availability.

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Agh. Nothing is easy.

Apologies! I got this completely wrong! I called again and confirmed that it is $60.00 per car plus bus passes. We have since been able to make alternate arrangements so will probably cancel this. Aah, excitement builds!

Layfan

Record Breaker
More Parking Tips.

The London Convention Centre will have parking as well just $10 for the day, it is located at York and Wellington. It was mentioned on twitter and facebook today.

During the Figure Skating World Championships you can park in our underground parking lot for $10/day. (entrance at the east end of the LCC)

Parking will be subject to availability.

Yikes. I never thought about anything of this. Obviously, I'm a must be a World Figure Skating Championship rookie because my husband and I just bought our tickets and booked a hotel room. So does would you need to reserve a space at the Convention Centre or do you just show up (super early I guess) and hope for the best?
As a New Yorker, I'm embarrassed to say I get caught off guard by this. It's just subway and walking in NYC. Driving? Parking? What's that? :)

I'm so excited!! I've never been to ANY live figure skating event and my husband surprised me with tickets to the WC for Christmas!

b-man

Final Flight
Apologies! I got this completely wrong! I called again and confirmed that it is $60.00 per car plus bus passes. We have since been able to make alternate arrangements so will probably cancel this. Aah, excitement builds!

Did they tell you the price of the individual bus passes on top of the $60?

waterblades

On the Ice
Yikes. I never thought about anything of this. Obviously, I'm a must be a World Figure Skating Championship rookie because my husband and I just bought our tickets and booked a hotel room. So does would you need to reserve a space at the Convention Centre or do you just show up (super early I guess) and hope for the best?
As a New Yorker, I'm embarrassed to say I get caught off guard by this. It's just subway and walking in NYC. Driving? Parking? What's that? :)

I'm so excited!! I've never been to ANY live figure skating event and my husband surprised me with tickets to the WC for Christmas!
to park at the convention centre would be first come first serve. Depending on where you are staying it maybe easier to just take the bus, talk to your hotel and they can help you when you arrive. If you are at any of the hotels on or just off of wellington rd south you could drive to the mall and leave your car and take the bus, easy and cheaper. I have posted info about buses in another thread.

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Did they tell you the price of the individual bus passes on top of the $60?

Aaaggh! I've done it again! Sorry, sorry! It's $60.00 for the whole thing. We did cancel as we have made alternate arrangements.

waterblades

On the Ice
Bus info

3 .Bus system, is pretty easy to use, your hotel should be able to point you in the right direction to get to the bus stop. Our bus pick up stops have blue markers, when going to the arena take the northbound, and home southbound. I am not sure how many people they hold but they are pretty big and some are the double length ones.

If your hotel is on wellington rd south, I would suggest you cross the street and catch the bus at White Oaks Mall 13 picks up at the Mall, 4A and 26 walk all the way across the mall and parking lot to Jalna and there is a bus pick up for them. nice and easy there is a central pick up location for 13, you can pay in coin 2.75, or buy tickets in the mall or many locations once downtown near the arena. Ask your hotel to point you in the right direction, I would say 10min walk from the couple of hotels right across the street from the Mall.

13 Wellington don't take 13A unless you want a bus ride thru the neighbourhoods, once on the 13 it's about a 25min bus ride, get off at either Wellington and King, stop just after the underpass(there is an bright green and blue sign in the median that says London) once off the bus, you want to walk west 3 blocks, about 5mins and you will be at Budweiser gardens. West on either King St or DundasSt will get you to the arena. To take the bus to the hotel walk back Wellington Rd, but don't cross the street.

4A Oxford East, don't take the B it will take longer, once on the 4A Oxford it's about 25mins downtown thru the neighbourhoods, get off at Richmond and King(just after the underpass) or Richmond and Dundas main drop off, go west one block. To take the bus to the hotel walk east to Richmond Rd, either at King or Dundas.

26 Jalna about 30mins, get off at Dundas and Richmond, main drop off location, walk one block west to the Arena. To take the bus to the hotel walk east to Richmond Rd and Dundas.

For those at Wellington and Exeter you can take a bus too but the hours are limited contact LTC.

You can call the LTC 519- 451-1347 or email for more information [email protected]

Skatie

On the Ice
Waterblades, if I am driving in, where is the first place I should look for parking? I plan to arrive about 1.5 hours prior to start of events. Thanks