Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Team Japan: problems on the horizon?

Custom Title
    I doubt that Murakami will magically rotate all her jumps once Asada has retired. Asada's absence isn't going to affect tech teams' judgment.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    I doubt that Murakami will magically rotate all her jumps once Asada has retired. Asada's absence isn't going to affect tech teams' judgment.
    No, sure the tech teams judgement will not be affected, but Murakami seems to be doing pretty well even with her underrotation problems, considering that at last worlds she ended up one spot behind US best lady and this years 4CC she beat all three US ladies... so if the situation will be so bad with Japanese skating, I would start worrying about US skating (considering that the US ladies were beaten by her).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    No, sure the tech teams judgement will not be affected, but Murakami seems to be doing pretty well even with her underrotation problems, considering that at last worlds she ended up one spot behind US best lady and this years 4CC she beat all three US ladies... so if the situation will be so bad with Japanese skating, I would start worrying about US skating (considering that the US ladies were beaten by her).
    Really? While I respect Murakami's achievement and think she'll actually improve over the next quad, I look at the American field with a great deal of respect. Not only Gold and Wagner (or Wagner and Gold), but Wang and Miller and Gao (if she wants) and Zawadski. I actually expect the next quad to really be about the USA vs Russia, with a couple spoilers in the mix should they improve as we expect/hope they do.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Yeah, exactly why I went through the hell of troubles with purchasing the tickets for FoI with Dai. While buying tockets for Mao's THE ICE in Osaka wasn't a problem.
    Takahashi has sizable (old) ladies fans who go to everywhere in Japan and abroad. Probably the number is in the range of thousands. Since they buy tickets of all shows which Takahashi appears, it might be difficult to obtain tickets when the seats were limited. They are not the "general public" what I mean though. Their influences to TV ratings are limited.
    Last edited by NMURA; 02-24-2013 at 09:33 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    I suspect the scores of Murakami and.or Miyahara will shoot up suddenly once Asada retires. Murakami is not well treated since she's the obvious #3 right now. Nevetheless her competition records are not so bad. I think the #1 Japanese lady will be always placed above #3 Russian and #2 American at worlds.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    Takahashi has sizable (old) ladies fans who go to everywhere in Japan and abroad. Probably the number is in the range of thousands. Since they buy tickets of all shows which Takahashi appears, it might be difficult to obtain tickets when the seats were limited. They are not the "general public" what I mean though. Their influences to TV ratings are limited.
    How do you know that? Your source? Otherwise you are a gossip collector and nothing more. TV? What fs show (except THE ICE) TV bothered to pay for if Dai wasn't there? Are you sure you are in Japan and not in a Fantasyland? And don't call me "old lady" if you please . It sounds ironic from your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    I suspect the scores of Murakami and.or Miyahara will shoot up suddenly once Asada retires. Murakami is not well treated since she's the obvious #3 right now. Nevetheless her competition records are not so bad. I think the #1 Japanese lady will be always placed above #3 Russian and #2 American at worlds.
    Probably yes in terms of PCS, but her UR won't disapper after 2014 magically unless she changes coach and goes to someone who's able to teach her how to rotate her triples...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2