sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Stepanova/Bukin and Papadakis/Cizeron equally are talanted
surely very bright future

S/B might challenge for an Olympic spot next season same for P/C
love Irina's reaction to the score, lol

KKonas

Medalist
Love the French team. Very showy and good basics, strong edges. Agree with Nicky if you look at all the top teams senior level, all the men are very strong dancers.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Why are the french 3 points below the russians? Looking at their speed and edge work, they should be closer? Hope they bring it in the free as they don't look inferior to the russians at all.

Mattieu

Medalist
Why are the french 3 points below the russians? Looking at their speed and edge work, they should be closer? Hope they bring it in the free as they don't look inferior to the russians at all.

The French didn't get as many of the key points, they've struggled with the key points all season really.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Alexandra and Ivan were very good, their twizzles are D/W material :love: I find something a bit off about their skating overall, might be her posture and constant bending(I don't mind the height difference) but they are looking better than last year in this regard. The French were the highlight for me. Also loved the couple in forth place, very promising. Glad to see Canada with good young ice dancers again (Madeline and Zhao are also very talented). The Russians in 9th place are very nice skaters but have major technical issues which they must sort out. To me, they are better than the Russians in 5th place ( I simply can't find anything fun or exciting about them and don't understand their placement either. And their Cats FD is simply bad).

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The French didn't get as many of the key points, they've struggled with the key points all season really.

To further bounce off this point -- P/C got just level 3 and level 2 on their pattern sequences while S/B got level 3 and level 4. That helped S/B have two whole points on the BV, but if you look at their GOE, the gap is slightly smaller with S/B scoring +5.21 in GOE and P/C scoring +4.71. PCS between the two is just .57 as well, so in essence, the judges acknowledged the great execution on the French, but really their struggles on the sequences is what caused the larger gap.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Speaking of key points, yikes for A/E! Their base value was 26, which tied them for 7th in BV and 6th in TES overall. Their PCS (deservingly so) helped them out greatly here, but they really need to get a control of those patterns (though they are showing improvement from earlier in the season). Also Kaitlyn and Jean Luc's score is pretty interesting -- they scored level 4 on one sequence then a level 1 on the other!

McNamera and Carpenter actually did the best out of the three Americans teams in BV (level 3 and 4 in the sequences) and was just behind A/E in TES by .2. I can see them moving up in the standings with a solid FD.

Great job to the top two couples.

ETA: Corrected to clarify TES scores among the American teams.

Last edited:
Speaking of key points, yikes for A/E! Their base value was 26, which tied them for 7th in BV and 6th in TES overall. Their PCS (deservingly so) helped them out greatly here, but they really need to get a control of those patterns (though they are showing improvement from earlier in the season). Also Kaitlyn and Jean Luc's score is pretty interesting -- they scored level 4 on one sequence then a level 1 on the other!

Aldridge/Eaton's compulsory sequences were really terrible compared to their other elements. Their twizzles, step sequence and lift were sharp, they skated with good speed and loads of attack and expression but those blues sequences... Slow, scratchy, tentative. They have a lot of work to do in this area.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

McNamera and Carpenter actually did the best out of the three Americans teams in both BV (level 3 and 4 in the sequences) and overall TES. I can see them moving up in the standings with a solid FD.

Great job to the top two couples.

next season should be really be good for M/C
the Top 3 teams I think will be going seniors

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Aldridge/Eaton's compulsory sequences were really terrible compared to their other elements. Their twizzles, step sequence and lift were sharp, they skated with good speed and loads of attack and expression but those blues sequences... Slow, scratchy, tentative. They have a lot of work to do in this area.

Those great qualities you mentioned is the reason they always managed to play catch up in the FD, but I'm not sure how well this FD catch up they've been doing all season will work when they move up to the senior level. It seem, as a whole, the Krylova/Camerlengo camp, for whatever reason, has been struggling to get the patterns for its teams. With the exception of P/B, most of their teams have dealt with low levels all season long.

Last edited:

Ravensque

On the Ice
Loved Bent/Mckean.......she has such a presence on the ice, but both have those beautiful deep edges and what looks like great speed. A fine future for them if they stay together.

Mao88

Record Breaker
SHORT DANCE - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Alexandra STEPANOVA & Ivan BUKIN (RUS) - 64.65 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
2. Gabriella PAPADAKIS & Guillaume CIZERON (FRA) - 61.58 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
3. Alexandra ALDRIDGE & Daniel EATON (USA) - 56.89 Short Dance
4. Mackenzie BENT & Garrett MACKEEN (CAN) - 55.88 Short Dance
5. Valeria ZENKOVA / Valerie SINITSIN (RUS) - 55.82 Short Dance
6. Madeline EDWARDS & Zhao Kai PANG (CAN) - 54.92 Short Dance
7. Anna NAGORNYUK & Viktor KOVALENKO (UZB) - 52.19 Short Dance
8. Lorraine MCNAMARA & Quinn CARPENTER (USA) - 51.80
9. Evgenia KOSIGINA & Nikolai MOROSHKIN (RUS) - 50.64 Short Dance
10. Shari KOCH & Christian NÜCHTERN (GER) - 50.59 Short Dance

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
SHORT DANCE - RESULT & VIDEOS

2. Gabriella PAPADAKIS & Guillaume CIZERON (FRA) - 61.58 Short Dance, 2nd Copy

As always, thank you so much for all the links, Mao88! :)
I am so glad to see Madame Zazoui and Monsieur Haguenauer at Kiss & Cry! :yes:
Best of luck to their student, Gabriella & Guillaume at Free Dance! Hope they can podium. :yay: