Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dorothy Hamill to Compete on Dancing with the Stars!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

Dorothy Hamill to Compete on Dancing with the Stars!

http://www.seattlepi.com/entertainme...st-4309160.php

I have always loved Dorothy. I can eve watch her skate the arthritis medication commercials without changing the station.

I'm so glad she will be on DWTS.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 02-27-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Ha ha! Dorothy will mop up the ice -- I mean the floor -- with these wannabes.

Come on, everybody. Get your finger on the telephone dial to vote for Dorothy. We did it for Kristi and almost did it for Evan!

Custom Title
    I am sure Dorothy will have lots of support from skaters, fans and the general public as she is well known. Although she is in good shape, she is approaching 57 years of age this July and the competition at DWTS is grueling, so expecting her to win might be wishful thinking, but I wish her good luck and look forward to watching her progress at DWTS.

Custom Title
    I just heard about this! So excited for Dorothy! Some of my friends even think she's still competing.

The good news is that DWTS is less a "real" dance competition and more of a popularity contest, so our Dorothy has a fighting chance

No, no! Her posture and carriage alone will sweep all before it! I can't wait to see her Viennese waltz.

57 is the new 27.

I will be watching and voting for Dorothy. This is not one of my favorite shows but I watched and voted for Kristi, Evan and Shawn.
    Now I have a reason to watch again. GO Dorothy! Oh I see Ally Raisman will be dancing too!

Custom Title
    I love DWTS, and I'll be so excited to see Dorothy. I wonder whether she's kept up some sort of training regimen so she can really do herself proud. It'll be nice to see one of the Fierce Five as well. One of the little Disney Channel kids is there as well, and she's sure to be good.

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Not a big fan of DWTS, but I am a HUGE fan of DH! I'll be watching.

My first Olympic champion! (That I remember winning)

Dorothy doing Vioxx & osteoarthritis awareness ads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Dse...Xfrz7Cz2w2f7LW

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFmXZcpCiyo

The Windsor Star interview from last year (at least that's when it was uploaded) on the Olympics
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DocXqRjaQPE

I haven't posted for awhile (lurking-). But, I had to resurface to cheer for Dorothy. Well, my screen name says it all! She's the reason I started to love figure skating- I had the Seventeen magazine with her on the cover! I haven't watched DWTS since Evan competed, but I have to watch and vote for Dorothy. America needs to take her far!!

Good to see you back 76olympics!

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I love DWTS, and I'll be so excited to see Dorothy. I wonder whether she's kept up some sort of training regimen so she can really do herself proud. It'll be nice to see one of the Fierce Five as well.
    @MaiaShibutani
    Already excited for the new season of #DWTS! Ready to cheer on @DorothyHamill and honorary skater @Aly_Raisman! :D pic.twitter.com/7tsK7FSCLm
    6:21 PM - Feb 26, 2013

The photo of Maia and Aly on the ice together is darling. Prob. from December when they were hanging out at the taping of the Skating/Gymnastics Spectacular?

And if I recall correctly, Hamill still skates in shows once in a while. I think the most recent example was within the last few months, although I do not remember the details.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    @MaiaShibutani
    Already excited for the new season of #DWTS! Ready to cheer on @DorothyHamill and honorary skater @Aly_Raisman! :D pic.twitter.com/7tsK7FSCLm

The photo of Maia and Aly on the ice together is darling. Prob. from December when they were hanging out at the taping of the Skating/Gymnastics Spectacular?

And if I recall correctly, Hamill still skates in shows once in a while. I think the most recent example was within the last few months, although I do not remember the details.
    I hope Hamill rocks it!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    @MaiaShibutani

Hamill is performing with Stars on Ice this year.

This youtuber has a montage of photos from SOI, some of which are Dorothy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vpcsSSkFiY

And here's Dorothy's 2013 performance in Japan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB2WblETBRc

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast