Dorothy Hamill to Compete on Dancing with the Stars! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Dorothy Hamill to Compete on Dancing with the Stars!

Icey

Record Breaker
She has a permanent shoulder injury that resulted from a book case falling on her shoulder when she was moving. She indicated in an interview that, as a consequence, she does not lift things above her head or carry heavy objects like luggage. I wonder how this will restrict the dancing moves she can make.
Had planned on not watching the show, but guess I will now, at least as long as she is on it.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Hamill is performing with Stars on Ice this year.

Thanks for coming to the aid of my memory lapse, SkateFan.
Wow, so Hamill will be juggling her major commitments to SOI and DWTS. :bow: I'm getting tired just thinking about it. ;)

@DorothyHamill
For the next few weeks I'll be doing double duty with #DWTS rehearsals and performing with Stars On Ice. It will be hectic but worth it!
6:53 PM - Mar 1, 2013
https://twitter.com/DorothyHamill/status/307685134780489730

I hope she enjoys DWTS; I assume it's because she thinks she'll enjoy it... because she certainly has nothing to prove.

And Hamill seems to have realistic expectations of what's in store with DWTS. :cool: From her Facebook page (on Tue):

This year I decided to take on a new challenge, learning to Ballroom Dance! I’m sure at some point on this journey I’ll think “what have I gotten myself into” but regardless at the end I’ll know that I’ll have had one of the best and most memorable experiences in my life!
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10151277637422117&id=101020622116

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't normally follow DWTS (did for Kristi & Evan), but I will tune in for Dorothy (& Aly Raisman).

lcd

Match Penalty
Same here. Has been a while. I did find the All-Star season sounded excited, but I will be keen to root for Dorothy and Aly.

Oh, you should have watched the All-Star season. Shawn Johnson was especially amazing. Her skills allowed Derek full range for his choreography, and their dancing was awesome to behold. But fret not. It's on YouTube.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
@kristiyamaguchi
Getting @DorothyHamill started with her ballroom posture! She is gonna be great! #DWTS @DancingABC pic.twitter.com/QIqWZ9SXbT
9:38 AM - Mar 4, 2013
https://twitter.com/kristiyamaguchi/status/308632567974875136

Likely that the photo of the two champions/"partners" was taken yesterday backstage at the SOI show in San Jose, which Yamaguchi attended.

Maybe Hamill can follow in Yamaguchi's footsteps and win DWTS. :cool: Funny how the tables have turned. ;)

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I will DV-r it and watch DH for sure...there is lots of extraneous stuff on the show I dont need to see, like commericals.
Now who do we know who is smart enough to make a computer program so that we all can vote 100,000 times...oh Mathmannnnnnnnn.......

Scrufflet

Final Flight
I will DV-r it and watch DH for sure...there is lots of extraneous stuff on the show I dont need to see, like commericals.
Now who do we know who is smart enough to make a computer program so that we all can vote 100,000 times...oh Mathmannnnnnnnn.......

Hee hee. Love this idea! Maybe it will make up for all those people who did that for Kelly Monaco!

heyang

Record Breaker
Hee hee. Love this idea! Maybe it will make up for all those people who did that for Kelly Monaco!

I actually don't have issues with Kelly Monaco's results.... however, GH/soap fans will likely support Ingo Radamacher (aka Jasper Jax of GH) this season.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I guess I am a cynic...but I will watch to see the dancing....the people results I just blow off as a popularity contest at best and "fan rigged" with multiple auto dialers at worst. But DH is real, thankfully. I quit watching survivor when it broke how fake it was (SUV rides to tribal council...girls with majically shaved legs) But I cant wait to see our DH dance.
I actually don't have issues with Kelly Monaco's results.... however, GH/soap fans will likely support Ingo Radamacher (aka Jasper Jax of GH) this season.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I went to Stars on Ice last night in Chicago and Tristan MacManus was in the audience. He's just as cute in person....seemed friendly too. After the opening group number, Dorothy opened the show, looking lovely and graceful. I predict she will be good at the waltzes.

She also did a duet with Kurt....Me and My Shadow. Very charming -- she showed Tristan (and all of us) that she can work well with a partner! Can't wait for the beginning of DWTS

Stars on Ice was a terrific show this year -- Shawn Sawyer showed lots of personality on the ice, as well as a spiral that can rival Sasha's! Also his trademark extension spin - wow!

How nice that Kurt and Dorothy performed a duet! I think as you do that Dorothy will excel in the waltzes. She'll hit great positions. The show usually starts with simpler dances such as the waltz and the cha-cha to ease everyone in, so I assume she'll get the chance to do a waltz in the first or second week.

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Doris had a great idea to have Meryl and Charlie on DWTS. I want Scott and Tessa to join them! This would be after Sochi so we wouldn't have to suffer too much withdrawal of the fab four (assuming they all retire from competition). I think it should be a rule that DWTS has to have one skater every time.

I think that's a great idea. Or I think that at the very least, Meryl and Charlie and also Tessa and Scott ought to do a demonstration dance, on the floor rather than on the ice. That might give viewers an idea of who these couples are.