Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dorothy Hamill to Compete on Dancing with the Stars!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    This youtuber has a montage of photos from SOI, some of which are Dorothy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vpcsSSkFiY

And here's Dorothy's 2013 performance in Japan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB2WblETBRc
    Thanks, Doris!

Custom Title
    I think it's great that Dorothy agreed to be on this show. I don't have the same high hopes for her that others do though. She's getting up there in age and the type of choreography they do is pretty extreme. She's also very shy! I love DWTS and always want whoever Derek Hough is dancing with to win......but having said that, I do hope Dorothy does well.

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    He exhibition in Japan was lovely... she must be approaching 60 now, but it was beautiful.

All those years of training figures have surely helped her maintain such nice posture and movement across the ice.

The layback and scratch spin were pretty nifty!

She'll always be my favorite skater.

I hope she enjoys DWTS; I assume it's because she thinks she'll enjoy it... because she certainly has nothing to prove.

I am going to SOI in Chicago next weekend and I look forward to seeing Dorothy live.

And I wish her best of luck on DWTS, dancing with Tristan!
    http://www.irishcentral.com/ent/Tris...193545181.html

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    ...she must be approaching 60...
    Dorothy is 56.

Custom Title
    She has a permanent shoulder injury that resulted from a book case falling on her shoulder when she was moving. She indicated in an interview that, as a consequence, she does not lift things above her head or carry heavy objects like luggage. I wonder how this will restrict the dancing moves she can make.
    Had planned on not watching the show, but guess I will now, at least as long as she is on it.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Is that where she has arthritis problems-in the shoulder, do you know?

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    Hamill is performing with Stars on Ice this year.
    Thanks for coming to the aid of my memory lapse, SkateFan.
    Wow, so Hamill will be juggling her major commitments to SOI and DWTS. I'm getting tired just thinking about it.

@DorothyHamill
    For the next few weeks I'll be doing double duty with #DWTS rehearsals and performing with Stars On Ice. It will be hectic but worth it!
    6:53 PM - Mar 1, 2013
    https://twitter.com/DorothyHamill/st...85134780489730

Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    I hope she enjoys DWTS; I assume it's because she thinks she'll enjoy it... because she certainly has nothing to prove.
    And Hamill seems to have realistic expectations of what's in store with DWTS. From her Facebook page (on Tue):

This year I decided to take on a new challenge, learning to Ballroom Dance! I’m sure at some point on this journey I’ll think “what have I gotten myself into” but regardless at the end I’ll know that I’ll have had one of the best and most memorable experiences in my life!
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...d=101020622116

I don't normally follow DWTS (did for Kristi & Evan), but I will tune in for Dorothy (& Aly Raisman).

Custom Title
    Same here. Has been a while. I did find the All-Star season sounded excited, but I will be keen to root for Dorothy and Aly.

Custom Title
    Oh, you should have watched the All-Star season. Shawn Johnson was especially amazing. Her skills allowed Derek full range for his choreography, and their dancing was awesome to behold. But fret not. It's on YouTube.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    @kristiyamaguchi
    Getting @DorothyHamill started with her ballroom posture! She is gonna be great! #DWTS @DancingABC pic.twitter.com/QIqWZ9SXbT
    9:38 AM - Mar 4, 2013
    https://twitter.com/kristiyamaguchi/...32567974875136

Likely that the photo of the two champions/"partners" was taken yesterday backstage at the SOI show in San Jose, which Yamaguchi attended.

Maybe Hamill can follow in Yamaguchi's footsteps and win DWTS. Funny how the tables have turned.
    Last edited by golden411; 03-04-2013 at 02:33 PM.

Custom Title
    What a darling photo of Kristi and Dorothy!

I will DV-r it and watch DH for sure...there is lots of extraneous stuff on the show I dont need to see, like commericals.
    Now who do we know who is smart enough to make a computer program so that we all can vote 100,000 times...oh Mathmannnnnnnnn.......

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    I will DV-r it and watch DH for sure...there is lots of extraneous stuff on the show I dont need to see, like commericals.
    Now who do we know who is smart enough to make a computer program so that we all can vote 100,000 times...oh Mathmannnnnnnnn.......
    Hee hee. Love this idea! Maybe it will make up for all those people who did that for Kelly Monaco!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast