Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: TV Coverage

Custom Title
    Why is the "opening ceremony" being held after the pairs short program? Seems like a misnomer or some such.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Why is the "opening ceremony" being held after the pairs short program? Seems like a misnomer or some such.
    Because it's quite pointless to hold an opening ceremony in the afternoon when hardly anybody can attend it. That's the way it's always been done.

If the competition hasn't started yet, then what is being shown on CBC TV today at 3? A preview show?

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    If the competition hasn't started yet, then what is being shown on CBC TV today at 3? A preview show?
    Don't know either! Set PVR to record anyway.

Also my Bell sat has all the 8pm times as 7pm? I went to the CBC website and it's listing as 8pm. Weird. Saturdays 5pm is 4pm on my listing. I'm making sure everything gets the 1 hours sports extension just in case.

And does anyone else have weird sounds during Figure Skating on CBC? All season the sound has been crappy. Some dropouts, sound changes etc. Wondering if it's the Bell feed because CBC newworld does the same thing however every other show on the regular CBC network has been fine. So I know it's not our sound system.

Tripping on the Podium
    Has anyone ever tried watching Universal Sports at Buffalo Wild Wings? At this point I'm considering trekking down to the nearest one and seeing if they'll turn on the skating for the sessions I really want to see.

On the Ice
    I just popped into CBC's 3pm one hour coverage. They seem to just be showing skates from previous competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela V View Post
    I just popped into CBC's 3pm one hour coverage. They seem to just be showing skates from previous competitions.
    Yeah, I stopped watching it because I've already seen those programs numerous times.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela V View Post
    Don't know either! Set PVR to record anyway.

Also my Bell sat has all the 8pm times as 7pm? I went to the CBC website and it's listing as 8pm. Weird. Saturdays 5pm is 4pm on my listing. I'm making sure everything gets the 1 hours sports extension just in case.

And does anyone else have weird sounds during Figure Skating on CBC? All season the sound has been crappy. Some dropouts, sound changes etc. Wondering if it's the Bell feed because CBC newworld does the same thing however every other show on the regular CBC network has been fine. So I know it's not our sound system.
    That has to do with the change to Daylight Savings Time I think.

the CBC link keeps telling me it's not available and the men's sp is on! help!

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Well, thanks a lot Eurosport/Sky/whoever it is that messes about with the EPG listings!!!

As British Eurosport’s coverage of the Men’s SP was being shown in the middle of the night, I went to bed and recorded it to watch in the morning. I set it to record through the EPG listing on the Sky+ box.

But, when I got up this morning, instead of recording the 3 hours that the listings said, it had only recorded 92 minutes!!!

The recording had started half-way through Alexander Majorov’s SP, and finished half-way through Tomas Verner’s SP. So, that was Mura and the whole of the final group missed!!!

This frequently happens when I try to record things on Eurosport. They adjust the listings due to events over-running/finishing early, but they end up making a mess of everything!!! Grrrr!!!

So, my viewing of yesterday’s skating didn’t turn out too successful.

Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    Arggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Has there been a change to the competition schedule or something?! Because I was expecting to be watching the 1st group now, and I'm actually getting the 3rd!!!

According to the ISU results site, local time is GMT-5 (screenshot). Therefore, 11:45 LOC should be 16:45 GMT.

So, why did the Pairs SP actually start at 15:45 GMT???!!!

Off to YouTube now to see if LaRiserva have started putting up any vids yet, so that I can try to catch up on what I've missed.

CaroLiza_fan
    In light of the mess that I made of watching the Pairs SP (i.e. missing the first hour), could somebody please confirm what time the Ladies SP starts today, in GMT.

According to the ISU results site, it is supposed to start at 10:45 LOC. In theory, that should be 15:45 GMT, but after yesterday, I’m taking no chances.

Given that LaRiserva didn’t get the first group of the Men’s SP, I really don’t want to miss the start of the Ladies competition. Especially since the first skater up is absolutely gorgeous…

Thank you

CaroLiza_fan

Since it's got buried in the competition thread, I just thought I would copy it into this thread:

Just a reminder that Eurosport 1 International (But not British 1) is joining the action now. They're showing Kim Yu-Na to fill in the time until we're re-surfaced.

http://88.80.15.211/b00ha/20130129/v...44-493129.html

By the way, what a performance! I was expecting her to be good, but not quite THAT good!!! It wa as if she was never away!

Hopefully Mao will step up to the challenge

CaroLiza_fan

Gambatte, Max Aaron/"No letting off the gas pedal" golden411's Avatar
    Jason Takahashi ‏@jktakahashi
    Don't get @universalsports in the hotel room, only in the gym! So I'm walking on the treadmill to watch #FSWorlds13! #skaterproblems
    1:09 PM - 14 Mar 13

ETA: I see now that the tweet is from a former competitive skater who is now with Disney on Ice.

Warning for peeps with BBC red button channel - we're scheduled to get coverage starting in 30 mins.
    I'll believe it when I see it, but tune to Freeview ch.301 just in case!

Quote Originally Posted by La Rhumba View Post
    Warning for peeps with BBC red button channel - we're scheduled to get coverage starting in 30 mins.
    I'll believe it when I see it, but tune to Freeview ch.301 just in case!
    Eh?!

I just went onto the EPG listings on Freeview, and they are still saying the same as I posted last Sunday:

BBC (All times GMT)

Friday 15th March 2013
    BBCi 18:45 – 21:45 Pairs Free Skating
    BBCi 21:45 – 02:30 Men’s Free Skating LIVE

Saturday 16th March 2013
    BBCi 02:45 – 08:30 Men’s Free Skating
    BBCi 08:30 – 14:30 Men’s Free Skating
    BBCi 20:50 – 22:50 Ice Dance
    BBCi 22:50 – 03:00 Women's Free Skating LIVE

Sunday 17th March 2013
    BBC2 16:00 – 18:00 Highlights
    BBC HD 16:00 – 18:00 Highlights
    So, what's going on?! Are the BBC doing the usual BBCi thing and putting on something that is totally different to what the EPG listings says?!

By the way, is it just me, or does it look like BBCi might be showing the entire Pairs FS delayed?

Here is a reminder for our European friends of how to receive the BBC channels:

BBCi is available via:

Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 301 on Freeview
    Digital cable (UK only): pressing the red button on a BBC channel? (I don’t have cable, so I’m not sure)
    Digital satellite (Europe):
    Astra 28.2E, Transponder 45 (10.773H. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
    NOTE: The channel you want for the skating is labelled “6390

BBC HD is available via:

Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 102 on Freeview
    Digital cable (UK only): Ch. 187 on Virgin Media
    Ch. 169 on SkyDigital – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 50 (10.847V. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).

BBC2 is available via:

Digital terrestrial (UK only): Ch. 102 on Freeview
    Digital cable (UK only): Ch. 102 on Virgin Media
    BBC2 England (Ch. 969 on SkyDigital) – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 45 (10.773H. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
    BBC2 Scotland (Ch. 970 on SkyDigital) – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 47 (10.803H. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
    BBC2 Wales (Ch. 971 on SkyDigital) – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 46 (10.788V. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
    BBC2 Northern Ireland (Ch. 972 on SkyDigital) – Astra 28.2E, Transponder 48 (10.818V. MBaud 22,000. FEC 5/6).
    CaroLiza_fan

It's PATHETIC that a major skating event like this is not aired in America on live TV. Skating fans once again lose out! Nobody gives a rats *** about skating anymore and you just let it happen.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast