Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Junior Worlds Pairs FS

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I agreee that Annabelle Prölß & Ruben Blommaert of Germany were underscored. Since both are very competent singles skaters, I'm hoping they will continue to do well.

I hope she doesn't grow any more.
    Yes. Their potential is just huge given it's their first season together! I hope she 'survives puberty intact.'

All of their movements are just so neat, polished and confident.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by 3T3T View Post
    A surprising result. I taught the Chinese were going to win this at a canter but it didn't work out that way. They had a rough time on the SBS jumps and got some lower levels, they were rightly marked down on PCS. Would never have said a US/Canada/Russia podium. F/M definitely threw away the gold with their subpar performance in the short, I feel they were a little marked down in the PCS they could maybe have sneaked the gold with their free programme.

It was a great performance by D/F to win the gold, two good strong performances but I feel they tend to rush everything. I like the Canadian couple, I'm not sure what is their long tem future as they are very close in height but they have a very mature style, they are nice to watch however I didn't think there lifts were the strongest. It was a better than expected performance from T/M, they had the highest base value (50.67) but after the GOE they dropped to 5th. Hopefully they will built on this for the future.
    Yes, the Canadians height issue reared its ugly and sad head in the lifts - that is where height will play a big role. Too bad nice team but gentially not a great situation. I think, gulp the Russians could have won gold even though they were so far behind. The PCS could have been higher; in fact I would have overall the Russians first, then the Canadians and followed by the Americans who don't have quite the finish of the Russians and Canadians.

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Wow. Didn't see that result coming. Finally, at long last, a nice result for an American pair. At this point, we'll take what we can get.

They have a bit of an immature look about them, which time will fix. Hopefully.

I agree with another comment... they seemed a little rushed, but the shorter steps and lack of long gliding lines may have been part of the plan.

I liked their attack. I didn't feel afraid as I watched them.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Denney/Frazier need polishing but the speed, the fire and the attack throughout their program was great.

Custom Title
    PAIRS FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Haven DENNEY & Brandon FRAZIER (USA) - 155.83 Free Skate
    2. Margaret PURDY & Michael MARINARO (CAN) - 154.70 Free Skate
    3. Lina FEDOROVA & Maxim MIROSHKIN (RUS) - 154.57 Free Skate
    4. Xiaoyu YU & Yang JIN (CHN) - 151.47 Free Skate
    5. Evgenia TARASOVA & Vladimir MOROZOV (RUS) - 148.74 Free Skate
    6. Brittany JONES & Ian BEHARRY (CAN) - 147.97 Free Skate
    7. Annabelle PRÖLSS & Ruben BLOMMAERT (GER) - 147.83 Free Skate
    8. Kamilla GAINETDINOVA & Ivan BICH (RUS) - 135.61 Free Skate
    9. Jessica CALALANG & Zack SIDHU (USA) - 133.01 Free Skate
    10. Britney SIMPSON & Matthew BLACKMER (USA) - 121.51 Free Skate
    11. Hayleigh BELL & Alistair SYLVESTER (CAN) - 120.75 Free Skate
    12. Meiyi LI & Bo JIANG (CHN) - 116.92
    13. Giulia FORESTI & Leo Luca SFORZA (ITA) - 113.48 Free Skate
    14. Julia LAVRENTIEVA & Yuri RUDYK (UKR) - 113.00
    15. Marcelina LECH & Jakub TYC (POL) - 103.64 Free Skate
    16. Rachel EPSTEIN & Dmitry EPSTEIN (NED) - 91.31 Free Skate

Custom Title
    Congrats to the medallists. I know everyone was trying. There are years when there are "great" skates with huge potential but that is balanced with rather unextraordinary years. Nothing against anyone but this was a lull year. No doubt the medallists deserved their medals and there is some potential even in 4, 5 and 6th but not the huge promise of a G and G. I expected some huge pairs tricks considering some of the size differentiation and or some huge sbs jumps - none of that really materialized to a wow year - yes a few flicks here and there but not that of a "wow" year. As for pcs and artistry no real magic team either. nice, fairly pretty teams but far from special. just some observatioins and opinions.

Custom Title
    Denney and Frasier were a huge surprise for me. I had never seen them before, but they made me a fan. I loved everything about their program, especially the wonderful choreography (which was lacking in some of the others IMO). Well deserving of a gold medal!

I'm also so happy for Purdy and Marinaro. They've been doing well in Canada for a while now, and it's nice to see that success translate to the international stage. I loved their polish and maturity during the FS, even though they had a few bobbles.

Banned
    Fedorova/Miroshkin are future big stars in Pairs. They will move on over this JW-2013. And on a big scene we won't really see D/F&P/M.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Fedorova/Miroshkin are future big stars in Pairs. They will move on over this JW-2013. And on a big scene we won't really see D/F&P/M.
    P/M has height similarities, I don't see any future
    D/F maybe I think tehy will go seniors next season to fill US Pairs

Fedorova/Miroshkin will stay Juniors for 2 more Seasons

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Future big stars without triple jumps? This is kind of Martiusheva/Rogonov all over again (but without M/R's elegance).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cassiem View Post
    Future big stars without triple jumps? This is kind of Martiusheva/Rogonov all over again (but without M/R's elegance).
    except they can land jumps, they have big twists and throws that even a quad is not impossible in the future.
    M/R can't barely get a 2twist so no comparison here.

Lina is 15 / Maxim is 18 Years old and they intend to continue as Juniors for 2 more Seasons so plenty of time to develop more artistry
    they have attempted triple jumps 3T and 3S, and they have done 2lz-2t

Custom Title
    F/M can only land double jumps. Their doubles are not completely consistent though. Maybe they've tried a 3T or 3S in practice but they've never done it in competition. They need to do that before we start proclaiming them as future stars.

M/R can barely get a double twist? That's false. I remember a nice triple twist earlier this season (short program at NHK?).

Banned
    M/R can barely get a double twist? That's false. I remember a nice triple twist earlier this season (short program at NHK?).
    M/R 3 Twists barely, that looks like dropping a potato sack
    at par with Kavaguti/Smirnov and Stolbova/Klimov's ugly twists
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 03-03-2013 at 12:20 PM.

Custom Title
    Their triple twist in short program at NHK got almost all +1's.
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._SP_Scores.pdf

Anyway, even if M/R's twist were hopeless, that's not going to improve F/M's chances. Where did you see F/M's 3T or 3S? What competition? Because as far as I can see, they've only performed doubles.

Banned
    Their triple twist in short program at NHK got almost all +1's.
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._SP_Scores.pdf

Anyway, even if M/R's twist were hopeless, that's not going to improve F/M's chances. Where did you see F/M's 3T or 3S? What competition? Because as far as I can see, they've only performed doubles.
    F/M 3twist: http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...91596766_n.jpg

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast