2013 Junior Worlds Pairs FS | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2013 Junior Worlds Pairs FS

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
A surprising result. I taught the Chinese were going to win this at a canter but it didn't work out that way. They had a rough time on the SBS jumps and got some lower levels, they were rightly marked down on PCS. Would never have said a US/Canada/Russia podium. F/M definitely threw away the gold with their subpar performance in the short, I feel they were a little marked down in the PCS they could maybe have sneaked the gold with their free programme.

It was a great performance by D/F to win the gold, two good strong performances but I feel they tend to rush everything. I like the Canadian couple, I'm not sure what is their long tem future as they are very close in height but they have a very mature style, they are nice to watch however I didn't think there lifts were the strongest. It was a better than expected performance from T/M, they had the highest base value (50.67) but after the GOE they dropped to 5th. Hopefully they will built on this for the future.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
It is so depends when his birthday falls.

They are reducing the Men's age limit from next season though, aren't they? Or does that come into effect in the post-Olympic season?

I think all those new rules will only be implemented post Olympics
bu I guess D/F could go Seniors next season to fill the gap in US Pairs Seniors skaters maybe try a shot for a team in the Olympics

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm sure it would be a blast for both Haven & Caydee to be in the Olympics at the same time!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
But if US just get two spots in the Worlds, they may not have a chance

Castelli and Shnapir are US champs, they are a good team but Denney and Frazier are nearly as good based on what we saw here, by next season they might be able to place ahead of C/S at Nationals and S/K, Z/B too. Plus with US pairs these days who knows who will still be together come Nationals next year :laugh:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
One never knows. Really, one would have expected a Russian, Chinese or Canadian team to win here. Pairs is the most unpredictable of disciplines.

I'm hoping C&S will land their quad salchow throw at Worlds & that they will have a super Worlds debut (helped by some slips among the usual teams ahead of them), and they'll finish sixth & seventh & earn 3 spots.

But I don't expect it.

OTOH, I really like C&S, particularly their choreo for their SP from Julie Marcotte, who also did a great job with Haven & Brandon's choreo. I'd love to see them at the Olympics, too.

And it's nice to have a team from FL (Denney & Frazier) and one from Boston (Castelli & Shnapir) for a change on the international scene rather than Colorado Springs, because all the Sappenfield choreo looks the same to me.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Surprising results! I must admit I kind of hoped F/M would have won but this is from a fan point of view. There is something very lovable about Lina. I didn't expect them to fight back as well as they did but they proved me wrong. I think it'a good result for them considering the pressure, the expectations and their age. All the couples who were considered favorites for the podium faltered a bit, the winners looked to have fun out there without any kind of expectation(maybe they had but they certainly didn't show any sign of pressure). I hope they keep the same spirit as they'll progress as a couple, pairs figure skating needs some level of excitement and there is plenty in this team.
The results were fair and the Americans were overall the best. I liked their SP the most. The Canadians are the most elegant junior pair out there on the ice. Felt that the Chinese pair and the German one (particularly them) were a bit underscored. I try to like Tarasova/Morozov but as amazing as their names are, the skating is very dull. Hope D/D and the other couple who got third in JGPF come back strong next year.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I agreee that Annabelle Prölß & Ruben Blommaert of Germany were underscored. Since both are very competent singles skaters, I'm hoping they will continue to do well.

I hope she doesn't grow any more.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I agreee that Annabelle Prölß & Ruben Blommaert of Germany were underscored. Since both are very competent singles skaters, I'm hoping they will continue to do well.

Anabelle is only 13 right ? she still might grow like Vasilisa

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
She might. Or not.

I was as tall as I ever got as 12. Zhang Dan grew in her 20's.

All you can do is cross your fingers & wait.

Yes. Their potential is just huge given it's their first season together! I hope she 'survives puberty intact.'

All of their movements are just so neat, polished and confident.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
A surprising result. I taught the Chinese were going to win this at a canter but it didn't work out that way. They had a rough time on the SBS jumps and got some lower levels, they were rightly marked down on PCS. Would never have said a US/Canada/Russia podium. F/M definitely threw away the gold with their subpar performance in the short, I feel they were a little marked down in the PCS they could maybe have sneaked the gold with their free programme.

It was a great performance by D/F to win the gold, two good strong performances but I feel they tend to rush everything. I like the Canadian couple, I'm not sure what is their long tem future as they are very close in height but they have a very mature style, they are nice to watch however I didn't think there lifts were the strongest. It was a better than expected performance from T/M, they had the highest base value (50.67) but after the GOE they dropped to 5th. Hopefully they will built on this for the future.

Yes, the Canadians height issue reared its ugly and sad head in the lifts - that is where height will play a big role. Too bad nice team but gentially not a great situation. I think, gulp the Russians could have won gold even though they were so far behind. The PCS could have been higher; in fact I would have overall the Russians first, then the Canadians and followed by the Americans who don't have quite the finish of the Russians and Canadians.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow. Didn't see that result coming. Finally, at long last, a nice result for an American pair. At this point, we'll take what we can get.

They have a bit of an immature look about them, which time will fix. Hopefully.

I agree with another comment... they seemed a little rushed, but the shorter steps and lack of long gliding lines may have been part of the plan.

I liked their attack. I didn't feel afraid as I watched them. :clap::clap:

Denney/Frazier need polishing but the speed, the fire and the attack throughout their program was great. :)

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Haven DENNEY & Brandon FRAZIER (USA) - 155.83 Free Skate
2. Margaret PURDY & Michael MARINARO (CAN) - 154.70 Free Skate
3. Lina FEDOROVA & Maxim MIROSHKIN (RUS) - 154.57 Free Skate
4. Xiaoyu YU & Yang JIN (CHN) - 151.47 Free Skate
5. Evgenia TARASOVA & Vladimir MOROZOV (RUS) - 148.74 Free Skate
6. Brittany JONES & Ian BEHARRY (CAN) - 147.97 Free Skate
7. Annabelle PRÖLSS & Ruben BLOMMAERT (GER) - 147.83 Free Skate
8. Kamilla GAINETDINOVA & Ivan BICH (RUS) - 135.61 Free Skate
9. Jessica CALALANG & Zack SIDHU (USA) - 133.01 Free Skate
10. Britney SIMPSON & Matthew BLACKMER (USA) - 121.51 Free Skate
11. Hayleigh BELL & Alistair SYLVESTER (CAN) - 120.75 Free Skate
12. Meiyi LI & Bo JIANG (CHN) - 116.92
13. Giulia FORESTI & Leo Luca SFORZA (ITA) - 113.48 Free Skate
14. Julia LAVRENTIEVA & Yuri RUDYK (UKR) - 113.00
15. Marcelina LECH & Jakub TYC (POL) - 103.64 Free Skate
16. Rachel EPSTEIN & Dmitry EPSTEIN (NED) - 91.31 Free Skate

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Congrats to the medallists. I know everyone was trying. There are years when there are "great" skates with huge potential but that is balanced with rather unextraordinary years. Nothing against anyone but this was a lull year. No doubt the medallists deserved their medals and there is some potential even in 4, 5 and 6th but not the huge promise of a G and G. I expected some huge pairs tricks considering some of the size differentiation and or some huge sbs jumps - none of that really materialized to a wow year - yes a few flicks here and there but not that of a "wow" year. As for pcs and artistry no real magic team either. nice, fairly pretty teams but far from special. just some observatioins and opinions.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Denney and Frasier were a huge surprise for me. I had never seen them before, but they made me a fan. I loved everything about their program, especially the wonderful choreography (which was lacking in some of the others IMO). Well deserving of a gold medal!

I'm also so happy for Purdy and Marinaro. They've been doing well in Canada for a while now, and it's nice to see that success translate to the international stage. I loved their polish and maturity during the FS, even though they had a few bobbles.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Fedorova/Miroshkin are future big stars in Pairs. They will move on over this JW-2013. And on a big scene we won't really see D/F&P/M.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Fedorova/Miroshkin are future big stars in Pairs. They will move on over this JW-2013. And on a big scene we won't really see D/F&P/M.

P/M has height similarities, I don't see any future
D/F maybe I think tehy will go seniors next season to fill US Pairs

Fedorova/Miroshkin will stay Juniors for 2 more Seasons :)

cassiem

On the Ice
Future big stars without triple jumps? This is kind of Martiusheva/Rogonov all over again (but without M/R's elegance).