Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: 2013 Junior Worlds Men SP

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    CoP isn't stupid. The judges are.

It could work really well, the problem is with how it's getting applied.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    Let's hope Shoma will grow as tall as Daisuke in two or three years. ('cause his bio says he is 143cm which means a bit smaller than Satoko...) Dai in real life is also small and slender; almost same height as Mao and Miki but he looks much much bigger once on the ice, you know.

To be more serious, I think Shoma should have a good jump coach asap. Someone like Takeshi Honda, or Mr. Nagakubo if he wants to stay in Nagoya with his family. He needs to correct his wierd technique of jumps; hitting the ice by hard toe-kicking on his flip/lutz. I always fear he will injure his anckle or instep of his foot once he grows.
    Yes he has Yamada technique. He is a good jumper but his exits need more oomph and there is some mule kicking going on there, I'm hoping some of this will improve as he grows and gets stronger (the guy probably weighs 80 lbs at most ), but I agree, with a good jump coach, he could be a total rockstar. And yes, his height is somewhat concerning, however, when you consider that Machida, Oda, and Takahashi are all between 161 and 165 cm fully grown, Uno's size at 15 is not so alarming. He is so special though already I do hope Yamada jump technique does not do him in before his career has a chance to really take off.

Also, these comments about Brown's PCS deserving to be higher than Farris, I'm a bit surprised. Farris has better SS, TR, basics, and edge control IMO, the other categories I think it's a toss up, so overall it comes out to be pretty even which is the case here. To me Farris is the stronger skater and Brown is just more of an extroverted performer, so he grabs your attention more, but I don't necessarily think he deserves higher PCS, it's just a difference of styles.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Tastes differ.

Why would that surprise anyone?

Farris has a floppy look/no body tension look that drives me nuts. This is a silly thought, but somehow I feel like he is skating in a costume that is soaking wet, that needs to be wrung out. His skating lacks crispness & defined movement in a lot of spots.

His step sequence in his SP is interminably long for me, too. He doesn't engage with the music and especially not with the beat, the way Brown does.

Some people notice the beat, others the melody. For me, if you're not on the beat, it drives me crazy. (A relic of watching a lot of dance, where skating to the beat, not the melody, is a requirement).

Farris has gorgeous jump technique. And other good stuff. But there is little that is interesting about his choreo in any way for me.

So for me he should not have as high PE, INT, & CH marks that Jason gets.

He needs another choreographer IMO, but because his current situation is working well for him, it won't happen, for sure.

I agree with Doris. Farris is a strong skater but I find his programs really bland.

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Kolyada will probably fall 2 times here
    will rank lower than Artur Dmitriev Jr. last season around 15-17th range
    Well, after repeating that 2435435 times, it turned out you were totally wrong.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 03-02-2013 at 11:20 AM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10