Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Panfili reached the FS!!
    So did David Kranjec!

Banned
    Martinez - really promising coming from a small Federation
    well done

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    Wow am surprised! Who is he? Loved this Martinez!
    What do you mean 'who is he'?

He has competed at SEVEN international competitions this season and he did Junior Worlds, JGP and Youth Olympic Games last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    The only poor scoring so far imho. He was underscored.
    Martinez? He was good but not anywhere near as good as the US guys. The scoring was right on the mark, I thought.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Well you were wrong and very far off, since he's 8th.
    after the FS , I don't think Kolyada will be in Top 10 at all

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    And he's in forth! I know it's highly unlikely but imagine how great would be for him to medal
    My wish is Martinez proves us all wrong on Saturday; to skate a clean Free and get onto the podium!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    And he's in forth! I know it's highly unlikely but imagine how great would be for him to medal
    he could be like the Kim Yuna from his country
    first to pionner and win a worlds medal

hope Martinez gets the bronze

Custom Title
    I thought he wasn't given his due in transition score, but will have to go back and look at the other top three. And quite likely performance and in.
    Last edited by Icey; 02-28-2013 at 11:11 AM.

mylastduchess
    My wish is Martinez proves us all wrong on Saturday; to skate a clean Free and get onto the podium!
    It would be hard without a 3/3 but I hope he does well enough for CBC to show him on saturday

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    What do you mean 'who is he'?
    He has competed at SEVEN international competitions this season and he did Junior Worlds, JGP and Youth Olympic Games last season.
    oh... Sorry I don't usually follow junior circuit. Very first time for me to see him skate. I knew he competed at recent 4CC and was really good, but I can't watch 4CC Mens comp, which I prevously recorded on my HDD, just yet...(you can guess the reason for me can't you ).

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    oh... Sorry I don't usually follow junior circuit. Very first time for me to see him skate. I knew he competed at recent 4CC and was really good, but I can't watch 4CC Mens comp, which I prevously recorded on my HDD, just yet...(you can guess the reason for me can't you ).
    He skated very well at 4CC this year. His 4CC SP score would have placed him 4th here as well (but he's even managed to improve on it ).

Custom Title
    Uno learns 3A in practice.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Honestly I don't think anyone in this field is capable of toppling Joshua and Jason when they're both skating well. The question mark over Jason is always the 3A - will he land it, if he doesn't, how much damage will it do, etc. But beyond the jumps and spins, Joshua and Jason also both skate with a presence and quality that the other skaters don't yet have. They're still Junior by level, but definitely they are both Senior level skaters in terms of their maturity.

EDIT:

Well, I stand corrected.
    1. Jason is 3rd in SP. Almost clean skating, new Personal Best, but third.

2. Mature Senior Man must have quad.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    American 1-2-3 at the moment.

Shotaro only just beat Jason though, and Shotaro went pretty clean.
    Did Shotaro ever skate clean FS?

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    1. Jason is 3rd in SP. Almost clean skating, new Personal Best, but third.

2. Mature Senior Man must have quad.
    Actually, no, it wasn't almost clean. Jason botched his combo (though he still completed one) -- he lost 4 points w/ the loss in BV and -GOE. He would have been around 74 with a clean program and that's with NO GOE on that combo (he usually gets +1 at least for it due to his interesting entry). So I think he would be right up there with Josh if he didn't botch the combo, not to mention that he lost a level on his final spin (which karne noted earlier).

Yes, he needs the quad, but one thing at a time, right? He may not have the all the jumps, but he's still in the game because of everything else.

ETA: Not correct to say he doesn't have the jump because he has most of the jumps and it looks like he progressing on the 3A though it's clear it's a work in progress given the telegraphed entry.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 02-28-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Did Shotaro ever skate clean FS?
    Not yet, but this season he keeps getting better and better with each event so who knows! He plans two 3a in his FS, his GOE on the 3a was the highest of all men in the SP, and PCS are not that much below Brown and Farris. I think he can finish 2nd or 3rd overall, maybe even win if Josh has problems. So excited for the US guys!

Oh and don't count out Kolyada, Jin, and Hino yet, they could all pull up with a strong FS, they all have difficult content planned, especially Jin!!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast