Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 140

Thread: 2013 Junior Worlds Men SP

  1. #106
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,180
    I did not get a chance to watch, unfortunately meetings at work. Thanks to everyone for the pbp.

    Congrats to Farris, Omuri and Brown. Looking forward to seeing the videos especially Martinez.

    Happy that Panfili made the FS!

  2. #107
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,473
    Where was Han Yan?

  3. #108
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    9,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Where was Han Yan?
    Not sure. He's not going to Senior Worlds, but he's not here either...there was something about an injury?

  4. #109
    ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Axis of Evil
    Posts
    2,516
    My report's posted now.
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...-Short-Reports

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Not sure. He's not going to Senior Worlds, but he's not here either...there was something about an injury?
    He is not injured. Chinese Federation is just being as usual.

  5. #110
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    9,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    My report's posted now.
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...-Short-Reports



    He is not injured. Chinese Federation is just being as usual.
    Thanks as always for the reports!

    So confused...well...that's too bad cause it makes no sense.

  6. #111
    ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Axis of Evil
    Posts
    2,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    So confused...well...that's too bad cause it makes no sense.
    I guess it makes sense if he goes to Senior Worlds. But for now, he's only a substitute so...

  7. #112
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    229
    I always get this Daisuke vibe whenever I see Shoma Uno skate, and I don't know if that's a good thing because I think he needs to develop his own style and identity to truly stand out. Adored the choreography for Jason's Prince SP the best. Great choice of music (I'm starting to get bored of some of the overused music like the one used for Oomori's prog, so it's breath of fresh air), lots of out-of-the-box movements that really went well with tempos of the music and made the prog really entertaining to watch, and he has such a great range of movements and body levels. If only he could get over the problems with his jumps. Love all the US guys and of course, Martinez.

  8. #113
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    3,590
    Kutien, thanks so much for the video clips!!!

  9. #114
    Custom Title plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,890
    WOW! I love Martinez!!!

  10. #115
    Custom Title Mao88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,945
    MEN'S SHORT PROGRAM - RESULT & VIDEOS

    1. Joshua FARRIS (USA) - 75.84 Short Program
    2. Shotaro OMORI (USA) - 70.82 Short Program
    3. Jason BROWN (USA) - 70.06 Short Program
    4. Michael Christian MARTINEZ (PHI) - 67.01 Short Program
    5. Alexander SAMARIN (RUS) - 63.07
    6. Boyang JIN (CHN) - 62.82
    7. Shoma UNO (JPN) - 61.66 Short Program
    8. Mikhail KOLYADA (RUS) - 61.50
    9. He ZHANG (CHN) - 60.42 Short Program
    10. Pavel IGNATENKO (BLR) - 59.73 Short Program
    11. Martin RAPPE (GER) - 59.44
    12. Ryuju HINO (JPN) - 57.71 Short Program
    13. June Hyoung LEE (KOR) - 54.15 Short Program
    14. Simon HOCQUAUX (FRA) - 54.14
    15. Mitchell GORDON (CAN) - 54.04
    16. Nam NGUYEN (CAN) - 53.43 Short Program

  11. #116
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    MEN'S SHORT PROGRAM - RESULT & VIDEOS

    1. Joshua FARRIS (USA) - 75.84 Short Program
    2. Shotaro OMORI (USA) - 70.82 Short Program
    3. Jason BROWN (USA) - 70.06 Short Program
    4. Michael Christian MARTINEZ (PHI) - 67.01 Short Program
    5. Alexander SAMARIN (RUS) - 63.07
    6. Boyang JIN (CHN) - 62.82
    7. Shoma UNO (JPN) - 61.66 Short Program
    8. Mikhail KOLYADA (RUS) - 61.50
    9. He ZHANG (CHN) - 60.42 Short Program
    10. Pavel IGNATENKO (BLR) - 59.73 Short Program
    11. Martin RAPPE (GER) - 59.44
    12. Ryuju HINO (JPN) - 57.71 Short Program
    13. June Hyoung LEE (KOR) - 54.15 Short Program
    14. Simon HOCQUAUX (FRA) - 54.14
    15. Mitchell GORDON (CAN) - 54.04
    16. Nam NGUYEN (CAN) - 53.43 Short Program
    Thank you Mao88!!!!!!!

  12. #117
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    I was hoping that Mitchell Gordon can get Canada into the top six nations to get more JGP spots, but right now Canada's on the bubble in tenth. Fingers crossed for a good FS.

    Loved Martinez and Farris. Brown was probably undermarked (though I hope Mrs. P doesn't read that)

  13. #118
    ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Axis of Evil
    Posts
    2,516
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Brown was probably undermarked (though I hope Mrs. P doesn't read that)
    I think he was. Definitely deserves the highest PE, CH and IN marks.

    Still, he has largely himself to blame. Had he landed the combo, his PCS would have probably been in the 7s and he might have beaten Farris.

  14. #119
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    16,813
    That's true, but I'm just thrilled he landed the best triple axel of his competitve career to date.

    Like many a skater, the rush of adrenalin from conquering something that had eluded him, he somewhat botched the next jump, but nonetheless, I am just thrilled for Jason. I'm also thrilled that his lutz did not get an edge call, another thing that he occasionally has trouble with.

    http://www.isuresults.com/results/jg..._FS_Scores.pdf

  15. #120
    Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,452
    I am so unbelievably unexcited that Mr. Brown landed that triple axel so beautifully. And dare I say, this was the best I've seen him perform this program. There just seems to be an extra zip to it. He's certainly come a long way from when he and some of us skate fans doubted and wondered if he could ever do a triple axel.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •