Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Schedule & TV Streams Junior Worlds

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar

Schedule & TV Streams Junior Worlds

EDIT: SCHEDULE NOW POSTED MY NEW MESSAGE BELOW

Just starting this thread now to prevent us ending up with 2 threads like we did in the 4 Continents Forum!

Did anybody else pick up on the piece of good news that Simon Reed announced on air after Brooklee Han's SP at the 4CC?

EUROSPORT ARE SHOWING THE JUNIOR WORLDS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    Just remember, one of Eurosport's figure skating commentators (Simon Reed) is actually head of commentary at Eurosport. So, he does have some influence. If there is enough evidence that there is demand for more figure skating coverage, I am sure he would put forward a good argument to his bosses for showing more figure skating. Whether they would heed it or not is another matter, though...
    I wonder if Eurosport showing the Junior Worlds for the first time, as well as the return of the Four Continents, is a sign that Simon is finally starting to get through to head office that there is a demand for more Figure Skating on our TV screens...?

Now, unfortunately the schedules on the various Eurosport websites don't go that far yet. But, given how much the schedules changed in the week leading up to the 4CC, it would probably be better to wait until a few days beforehand to post the various Eurosport schedules.

I'll keep you posted

CaroLiza_fan
    Last edited by CaroLiza_fan; 02-24-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I hope we'll get to see them!

On the Ice
    Eurosport Germany just showed a commercial for the World Junior Championships.Can't believe they are actually showing them!The last time was 2009 and then they transmitted only the Free Dance!

Custom Title
    Our commentators also mentioned that Eurosport would show Junior Wolds. But they also added that Eurosport would have only a little coverage of Worlds. It's really sad that they have the worst coverage of Euros and Worlds this year.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    EUROSPORT ARE SHOWING THE JUNIOR WORLDS!!!!!!
    It's not good news. It's terrible news.

We used to be able to watch the whole of Junior Worlds online for free through the ISU website but now that Eurosport will be showing it, we'll only be able to see little bits and bobs that they decide to broadcast. :(

ITA. Possibly, IN will show it six weeks after it finishes here in the US.

I'm not happy.

I see why the Germans are broadcasting it. They have a very promising pair, Proelss & Blommaert, and some good ice dancers, Koch & Nuechtern.

Custom Title
    When does the official schedule come out? I need to do my time zone conversions so that I know how sparrowfart the skating's gonna be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    It's not good news. It's terrible news.

We used to be able to watch the whole of Junior Worlds online for free through the ISU website but now that Eurosport will be showing it, we'll only be able to see little bits and bobs that they decide to broadcast. :(
    Ah. I never knew free coverage had been available on the ISU website, so I never thought of it like that. I was just looking at it as somebody who likes watching on a TV rather than a computer screen. But now, I can see where you're coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    When does the official schedule come out? I need to do my time zone conversions so that I know how sparrowfart the skating's gonna be.
    Well, if you really want to look up when Eurosport's braodcasts for the Junior Worlds are on so soon, the schedules are already up on http://tv.eurosport.com (for International), or http://tv.eurosport.co.uk (for British).

But I'm waiting until next weekend to post the times for International, Deutschland, France and British up here on the forum. The reason being that I posted Eurosport's schedule for the 4 Continents 10 days in advance, and by the time the championship started, nearly all the timings were changed!!!

So, there's no point in doing it until nearer the start of the championship.

As you're in Australia, I just had a look at Eurosport Australia's schedule (http://tv.au.eurosport.com). Am I right in assuming that the lack of Eurosport 2 listings on the site means that you can't get ESP2 in Australia? If so, that's not fair!

Like, for the past few years Eurosport have been sharing out coverage of most sports they cover between the 2 channels. So, ESP2 not being available in Australia means you are losing out on a lot of stuff, including the Junior Worlds.

So, you should start a campaign to get ESP2 in Oz.

CaroLiza_fan

Custom Title
    As you're in Australia, I just had a look at Eurosport Australia's schedule (http://tv.au.eurosport.com). Am I right in assuming that the lack of Eurosport 2 listings on the site means that you can't get ESP2 in Australia? If so, that's not fair!

Like, for the past few years Eurosport have been sharing out coverage of most sports they cover between the 2 channels. So, ESP2 not being available in Australia means you are losing out on a lot of stuff, including the Junior Worlds.

So, you should start a campaign to get ESP2 in Oz.

CaroLiza_fan
    As far as I know, ESP2 is not available in Australia. I don't actually have Pay TV but a friend of mine does and she promised to record it for me if she found it. We've been watching skiing, snowboarding and biathlon world championships on Eurosport for the past couple of weeks so I'm kinda holding out hope that they might even delay broadcast JW. But I doubt it :(

Oh well, picking around for streams at stupid o'clock in morning, I guess. If my internet bandwidth is still stream-capable by then. Blasted US Nationals downloads.

Cheer up. My best streaming is when the neighbors are asleep, so I like stupid o'clock

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    As far as I know, ESP2 is not available in Australia. I don't actually have Pay TV but a friend of mine does and she promised to record it for me if she found it. We've been watching skiing, snowboarding and biathlon world championships on Eurosport for the past couple of weeks so I'm kinda holding out hope that they might even delay broadcast JW. But I doubt it :(

Oh well, picking around for streams at stupid o'clock in morning, I guess. If my internet bandwidth is still stream-capable by then. Blasted US Nationals downloads.
    You have a very good friend there, karne. I hope that the Junior Worlds do turn out to be broadcast somewhere for you.

You know, my family have had a subscription with Sky for 20-odd years, and the worst of it is that Eurosport is the only subscription channel that we watch regularly. Eurosport shows all the motorbike racing and all the snooker; it shows the wintersports I am interested in (the amount of coverage varies, though, as we figure skating fans know all too well!)

Now that I know that there are livestreams of Eurosport on the internet for free, it makes you wonder why are we paying for it?! But, the quality of picture is far better on the TV, plus you can record and watch later if it is at "stupid o'clock in the morning" (as is the case with the World Superbikes from Phillip Island this weekend). With the internet, you have a worse picture quality, you have buffering, you have streams being banned, and you can't record.

For me, watching on the TV beats watching on the internet any day!

Anyway, onto the important stuff!

I have just gone through the Europsort schedules and the plan is very similar to what they did with the 4 Continents – there is not a lot of variation depending on which version of Eurosport you are watching.

The LIVE coverage is exactly the same on all Eurosport variations.

Eurosport France only has one extra programme compared to International and Deutschland – another showing of the highlights of the Gala on the afternoon of Wednesday 6th March.

In fact, the only real difference is that British Eurosport are showing the highlights of the Men’s Free AFTER their Live coverage of the Ladies Free (the other Eurosport versions are showing the highlights of the Men’s Free BEFORE the Ladies Free).

Also, as they did with the 4 Continents, British Eurosport are trying to fill up gaps in their schedule by showing a lot of highlights programmes of the skating.

A word of warning, though: there is LIVE snooker on this week! However, the snooker is from Haikou in China, so if the matches run to time, they should be over by the time the skating starts. If the snooker matches do over-run, they will hopefully not have too much of an impact on the coverage of the skating.

CaroLiza_fan

Eurosport International (All times CET)

Wednesday 27th February 2013
    ESP2 17:00 – 18:00 Short Dance
    ESP2 20:00 – 22:45 Pairs Short Programme LIVE

Thursday 28th February 2013
    ESP2 03:00 – 04:00 Pairs Short Programme
    ESP2 15:30 – 17:30 Men Short Programme LIVE
    ESP2 20:00 – 22:15 Pairs Free Programme LIVE

Friday 1st March 2013
    ESP2 03:00 – 04:30 Men Short Programme
    ESP2 04:30 – 05:30 Pairs Free Programme
    ESP2 15:30 – 17:30 Ladies Short Programme LIVE
    ESP2 20:00 – 22:15 Free Dance LIVE

Saturday 2nd March 2013
    ESP2 17:00 – 18:30 Men Free Programme
    ESP2 18:30 – 22:15 Ladies Free Programme LIVE

Sunday 3rd March 2013
    ESP2 18:00 – 20:00 Gala Exhibitions

Monday 4th March 2013
    ESP2 03:00 – 05:00 Gala Exhibitions

Tuesday 5th March 2013
    ESP2 05:00 – 06:00 Gala Exhibitions

Wednesday 6th March 2013
    ESP2 07:00 – 09:00 Gala Exhibitions

Eurosport Deutschland – Same as Eurosport International

Eurosport France (All times CET)

ESP2 17:00 – 18:00 Short Dance
    ESP2 20:00 – 22:45 Pairs Short Programme LIVE

ESP2 03:00 – 04:00 Pairs Short Programme
    ESP2 15:30 – 17:30 Men Short Programme LIVE
    ESP2 20:00 – 22:15 Pairs Free Programme LIVE

Friday 1st March 2013
    ESP2 03:00 – 04:30 Men Short Programme
    ESP2 04:30 – 05:30 Pairs Free Programme
    ESP2 15:30 – 17:30 Ladies Short Programme LIVE
    ESP2 20:00 – 22:15 Free Dance LIVE

Saturday 2nd March 2013
    ESP2 17:00 – 18:30 Men Free Programme
    ESP2 18:30 – 22:15 Ladies Free Programme LIVE

Sunday 3rd March 2013
    ESP2 18:00 – 20:00 Gala Exhibitions

Monday 4th March 2013
    ESP2 03:00 – 05:00 Gala Exhibitions

Tuesday 5th March 2013
    ESP2 05:00 – 06:00 Gala Exhibitions

Wednesday 6th March 2013
    ESP2 07:00 – 09:00 Gala Exhibitions
    ESP2 15:30 – 16:30 Gala Exhibitions

British Eurosport (All times GMT)

BES2 16:00 – 17:00 Short Dance
    BES2 19:00 – 21:45 Short Pairs LIVE
    BES2 21:45 – 22:45 Short Dance

BES2 02:00 – 03:00 Short Pairs
    BES2 14:30 – 16:30 Men’s Short LIVE
    BES2 19:00 – 21:15 Free Pairs LIVE
    BES2 21:15 – 22:45 Men's Short

Friday 1st March 2013
    BES2 02:00 – 03:30 Men's Short
    BES2 03:30 – 04:30 Free Pairs
    BES2 14:30 – 16:30 Women's Short LIVE
    BES2 19:00 – 21:15 Free Dance LIVE
    BES2 21:15 – 22:15 Women's Short

Saturday 2nd March 2013
    BES2 17:30 – 21:15 Women's Free LIVE
    BES2 21:15 – 22:45 Men's Free

Sunday 3rd March 2013
    BES2 17:00 – 19:00 Gala Exhibitions

Monday 4th March 2013
    BES2 02:00 – 04:00 Gala Exhibitions
    BES2 22:00 – 23:00 Women's Short

Tuesday 5th March 2013
    BES2 04:00 – 05:00 Gala Exhibitions
    BES1 15:15 – 16:45 Free Dance
    BES1 16:45 – 18:15 Women's Free

Wednesday 6th March 2013
    BES2 06:00 – 08:00 Gala Exhibitions

So, a lot is shown and most of it LIVE

IMO it's good for the sport the more is shown on TV. Casual and potential fans don't look for figure skating on the net. Most people don't even know there is a junior competition.

And being selfish I love to watch skating on TV with slowmos, Kiss&Cry etc and have an oppurtunity to tape it and watch at a more convenient time.

Custom Title
    Is this gonna be in HD? Cause if it is, I can see me blowing next month's bandwidth before it's even started.

Custom Title
    Which Eurosport version will be shown on Russian TVTeka? I assume it will be on TVTeka's Eurosport2.

Custom Title
    The ESP website is rather misleading. For instance, I can find neither the Free Dance nor the men's Free Skate on the ESPN2 international schedule; there's soccer, instead. And the Gala Exhibition isn't being aired live on Sunday, only during the night.

That's to say, I cannot find them on the actual listings. However, when I use the search option for figure skating (in my native language) I actually do get the entire schedule as CaroLiza_fan posted. However, in my experience these past few months, what you find with that search fucnction is not what they air. They really only air what's on the daily listings, and that's completely different. :-(

I guess what I'm wondering is, why does that search function even exist if they don't actually air half of what it shows?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast