Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Junior Worlds Free Dance

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by KKonas View Post
    I like both teams as well, but the French team has the "it" factor.
    Agreed.

Custom Title
    The team that really impressed me was Edwards and Pang Something very good in the making. IF, if she doesn't out grow him. Why has dance morphed into acrobatics on ice I understand that there must be some objectivity but enough. Two to three lifts max and more interesting choreography please, please

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by KKonas View Post
    I like both teams as well, but the French team has the "it" factor.
    They do indeed. Mesmerizing. Too bad about the stop/ankle injury but at least they finished and won the silver!

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    I agree about Edwards and Pang. They have lovely flow over the ice, good chemistry and a lot of charisma. I hope they don't get scarred too much by what happened in the Free Dance.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I hope Pang hasn't hurt his back. I worry about both kids when there's a fall in a lift, let alone 2 falls in lifts.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    I haven't had the courage to watch Maddy and Zhao Kai yet. Maybe it was a good thing I couldn't watch live .
    so many diasters for so many of my faves this year...ouch!

I have to say that I didn't really like P/C's FD earlier this season, but yesterday they were fantastic! A lot better than S/B, for me! Yes they have the "it" factor and I hope they will have a great Senior debut!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    I have to say that I didn't really like P/C's FD earlier this season, but yesterday they were fantastic! A lot better than S/B, for me! Yes they have the "it" factor and I hope they will have a great Senior debut!
    the commetators wont shut up about Ivan being Andrei's Son and keep compparing his music choices and performances to his dad. huge pressure there
    I can see Alexandra and Ivan getting an Olympic Ticket in Sochi , Tkachenko/Riazanova isnt a solid No. 3 Russian

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    the commetators wont shut up about Ivan being Andrei's Son and keep compparing his music choices and performances to his dad. huge pressure there
    I can see Alexandra and Ivan getting an Olympic Ticket in Sochi , Tkachenko/Riazanova isnt a solid No. 3 Russian
    But I hope they will choose something better for the FD next season, this Flamenco Bolero is really horrible...

FREE DANCE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Alexandra STEPANOVA & Ivan BUKIN (RUS) - 150.17 Free Dance
    2. Gabriella PAPADAKIS & Guillaume CIZERON (FRA) - 143.26 Free Dance
    3. Alexandra ALDRIDGE & Daniel EATON (USA) - 139.33 Free Dance
    4. Valeria ZENKOVA & Valerie SINITSIN (RUS) - 132.17 Free Dance
    5. Mackenzie BENT & Garrett MACKEEN (CAN) - 128.79 Free Dance
    6. Evgenia KOSIGINA & Nikolai MOROSHKIN (RUS) - 126.19 Free Dance
    7. Kaitlin HAWAYEK & Jean-Luc BAKER (USA) - 124.35 Free Dance
    8. Shari KOCH & Christian NÜCHTERN (GER) - 121.71 Free Dance
    9. Lorraine MCNAMARA & Quinn CARPENTER (USA) - 121.27 Free Dance
    10. Anna NAGORNYUK & Viktor KOVALENKO (UZB) - 120.07 Free Dance
    11. Alexandra NAZAROVA & Maxim NIKITIN (UKR) - 119.15
    12. Madeline EDWARDS & Zhao Kai PANG (CAN) - 117.65 Free Dance
    Last edited by Mao88; 03-02-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Custom Title
    Surprisingly the team in 12th really had huge potential. She is a firecracker; reminds me a bit of Tessa Virtue and their skating skills are reminiscent of the Shibs though they have a lightness more of Virtue and Moir. But I think their future may be hampered by the lack of height differentiation and Pang's apparent lack of musculature or strength. while timing is important he is more built for singles than dance and lifts. Look at his body type and he is lacking that "inverted" v and musculature of pairs or dancers. He is more of a straight stick than a triangle on a stick. It makes it hard for the lifts especially.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Surprisingly the team in 12th really had huge potential.
    Why surprisingly? They were 6th after the SD and would have probably moved up to 5th if not for the falls on the lifts.

Custom Title
    Finally got a chance to watch the FD.

Edwards and Pang were fabulous. What amazing potential. They had speed, smoothness, deep edges and expression. It's such a shame that those lifts went down, but they are going to be oh so good at the senior level in a few years if they keep it up.

I was also pleased with Bent and MacKeen. I think a 5th place result was fantastic for them in their first ever trip to junior worlds. I liked how they interpreted the music, even if it was a little heavy for them IMO, and thought they looked really good technically, especially through the footwork sequences. Another team with a bright future.

Aldridge and Eaton stole the show for me. They have such smoothness, and beautiful edges. I also loved their program, and thought they got all the way into it and really sold it. So great.

As for Stepanova and Bukin, I was disappointed. I had heard so much about them and was expecting them to be great, but I found them a little sloppy. They have a lot of skill, which is obvious, but I didn't really like the program and thought they seemed wild in some places. Maybe it's just me?

I can't really say anything about Papadakis and Cizeron, because she was obviously struggling with her ankle. Hard to form an accurate impression of a team when they're not at their best.

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    I can't really say anything about Papadakis and Cizeron, because she was obviously struggling with her ankle. Hard to form an accurate impression of a team when they're not at their best.
    ???

Twizzles aside, that program was skated extremely well.

Custom Title
    IMO, Edwards / Pang are doomed as a pair. She is outgrowing him, and he is too slight to be able to handle a larger partner. Both of their falls came on lifts, and that is too dangerous.

I feel pretty much the same about Hawayek/Baker. They have been together only about 6 months, yet they won a silver JGP medal, finished 2nd to Aldridge/Eaton at Nationals, and were 7th at JW. But Kaitlin is too tall for Jean Luc, who is another guy with a slight build. He doesn't struggle with the lifts, but she is just 16 and could easily keep on growing, while he is 19 and has probably stopped.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast