2013 Junior Worlds Free Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2013 Junior Worlds Free Dance

Why do the best skaters have to be headcases? G/C's FD is one of the best (if not the best) programs of the season. Incredible speed, attack, tons of detail in the choreography and transitions.

But of course they botched the twizzles and narrowly avoided disaster on the lift.

Now they stopped because of her ankle injury (maybe it's this and not nerves that caused the problems?) and are taking the time before carrying on.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Papadakis/Cizeron stopped halfways through!

She has an injured right ankle - it's taped - and is holding it. Probably the reason why she struggled with the early twizzles.

Looks like they want to continue...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Why do the best skaters have to be headcases? G/C's FD is one of the best (if not the best) programs of the season. Incredible speed, attack, tons of detail in the choreography and transitions.

doesnt mean they will always be headcases
P/B were also headcases

FSGMT

Record Breaker
When the music started again, the first words that we heard were "Don't leave it without a fight" ;)

Papadakis/Cizeron were just amazing.

Even with the mistakes.

Tons of speed, tons of attack, constant upper body movement and transitions, deep edges and the elements that did work (everything other than twizzles and that one lift) were amazing.

This better win silver or I will riot.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
worst junior worlds I can think of
almost empty rink, unorganized preparation, splatfests, skating on a different rink practices and now injuries ?

FSGMT

Record Breaker
What a FD for A/E! I have to say that I'm really impressed! :clap: It won't probably be enough for the silver, but it should be higher than P/C in the FD, at least!

I was very disappointed by Aldridge/Eaton. Ok skate but nothing outstanding and generic choreography. Not a lot of attack or expression either.

Stepanova/Bukin had very strong elements. Just one little bobble on the lift but very good otherwise. They have surely done enough to win but I found that program a little random and messy.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
45 PCS for S/B?! I really don't understand how someone can think that this is a good music for a skating high-level program... :disapp: (Yes, I know that this is S/S's FS music! :biggrin: )

Mirunna

Record Breaker
45 PCS for S/B?! I really don't understand how someone can think that this is a good music for a skating high-level program... :disapp: (Yes, I know that this is S/S's FS music! :biggrin: )

It's not. S/S have another version of flamenco bolero, a worse one thanks to the vocals
S/B's music is quite ok until the actual bolero starts IMO
The French have amazing choreography

I feel very sad because if P/C have skated that program injury free and clean, it would have taken the roof down. It was just so daring, so original, so well choreographed, ugh. What if...

I have a lot of respect for Stepanova/Bukin's technical ability but that FD choreography seemed messy and random to me.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I feel very sad because if P/C have skated that program injury free and clean, it would have taken the roof down.

Be happy they stayed in second place:)
I can't wait to see them next season, I hope they go to Seniors because they'll surely be number 2 French team.