Kirk out, Don in | Golden Skate

Kirk out, Don in

brenlynn

On the Ice
Ladies
Jennifer Kirk (withdrawn, 1/15/04 due to illness)
Amber Corwin
Angela Nikodinov
Jennifer Don (added 1/15/04 after Kirk withdrew and first alternate Ann Patrice McDonough declined)
Alternate – Jane Bugaeva

can't say i am totally surprised, although i do love jenny don!! i really was looking forward to see jenny kirk, i figured she'd end up withdrawing. oh well... GO JENNY DON!!! :love:

mpal2

Final Flight
As much as I love Jenny, I wish she wouldn't get any more international assignments in singles. I would love to see her spend more time with pairs.

She and Jonathan were terrific in practice (much better as pairs than last year) but did worse in the competition. :( I actually would have put Handy and Allen in front of them and I'm not that fond of any pair that includes Laura Handy. She usually has such a depressing expression on her face. After their SP, I could tell that Laura Handy actually does know how to smile so I wished the results had actually matched the performances.

I also heard that Jonathan Hunt had been out with injuries so I'm hoping that some more practice time and confidence they will become one of our best pairs teams.

brenlynn

On the Ice
don and hunt are the pair to watch in US pairs skating! i love those two, they have such good presence and they really are wonderful to watch. i think in the next 2 season jenny will probably eventually drop singles skating and do just pairs, but i remember her saying she wants to do both as long as she can because doing singles really helps her with pairs.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I'm neither supriseed nor disappointed that Kirk is not going. All three ladies who are going to Worlds should just rest and train. However, I do hope none of the three who are now supposed to go to 4CC withraw -- the alternate is Bugaeva, and she really does not have enough experience.

I'm really sorry about AP. This could have given her some confidence which I am sure she's having trouble right now. As for Jennifer Don, she is a little dynamo and if she clicks, I could see her a gold.

Joe

brenlynn

On the Ice
i agree joe, i wouldn't put it past jenny don at all. she is definetly a talented girl!!! i really enjoy her skating.

GO JENNY!!! :D

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I was hoping BB Liang could fill in for one of the ladies, but I'm guessing that she didn't place high enough...............42

dewet

Final Flight
Actually, it's because of her age. If she was a few months older, she would have gone.

nymkfan51

Medalist
I was at Nationals and attended all the ladies practices, and had no knowledge of AP's injury. One thing was very evident though ... and that was that she seemed very disconnected the entire week. It was quite sad to see actually, as I have always loved her skating. To me she looked like someone who wished she were anywhere else but there. We cheered for her and got her to smile a few times, but you could just see her heart wasn't in it. Lots of talk going around that she wants to quit ... hope that is not true and that she can regroup for next season.