2013 Junior Worlds Ladies SP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2013 Junior Worlds Ladies SP

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Why are you comparing these girls to Mao and Kim? They were once in a lifetime skaters. Ando's quad was always shaky and she finally stopped even trying to do it and quite frankly besides her jumps she didn't have much more to offer at their age.

Ando was very exciting because for that whole period, she regularly went for the 4sal. always a "will she or won't she?"
and huge jumps, 3x3s.

Young girls don't have much to offer in term of programs, so they have big jumps. mao, yuna didn't really have nice programs anyway.

you think what julia has to offer (leg lifts) are better than what ando didn't offer? in this case, less is more.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Satoko MIYAHARA (JPN)

Music: The Swan by Camille Saint-Saens

3Lz+3T - perhaps UR on one/both. The 3Lz def looked < on replay
3F
FCSp
StSq
2A
CCoSp - nice change of direction
LSp

Looked clean, but small jumps - have to check replay for UR's

SP: 28.48 + 23.68 = 52.16
in 5th (out of 41)

Must've gotten some UR calls.

Last edited:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Satoko has lovely skating skills but those microscopic jumps will be the end of her.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Liza doesn't skate like a junior and posted a LP score over 130 at the age of 16, has amazing technique, won both of her GP events in her debut, went through injury and puberty with her jumps intact. Her technique is pristine and out of all the russian ladies I'd have my money on her for the future. Adelina is a bit underwhelming but she just one a silver medal at Europeans on her debut, with a big score. It's not fair to compare them with Carolina IMO at this point.
Miki, Mao and Yuna were junior phenomenon but the big guns retired after 2006 Olympics. Without Mao, Yuna and Caro(who are the big guns currently) the russian ladies would fight for gold at worlds.

I think the complaint is there. Liza should not even get that kind of PCS at Euro. She doesn't have the ice coverage of half of the people she beat. Sure, her jumps are nice, but her programs and her skill are awful. I think her PCS was too high. Should be 55 instead of 61.
And they talked and talked about her 3A forever. Well, by this age, if she hasn't put it out there, it is never going to happen. I thought the 3A would mask some of her deficiencies, but without the 3A, she's just KVDP in bad drag.

In 2006, they said if Mao was at the Olympics, she could win.

In 2012, can you say any of these girls show up at the Olympics and beat one of Caro, Mao, Yuna? No. No chance in hell. That's the problem. None of them are very good to start that kind of talk.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ziquan ZHAO (CHN)

Music: Moonlight Sonata by Henry Mancini

3T+3T - stepout, hand down, 2nd 3T<< in replay
3F - big stepout
CCoSp
2A
FCSp
StSq
LSp

SP: 22.79 + 21.71 = 44.50