Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Junior Worlds Ladies SP

Custom Title
    Compared to Russian ladies, judges were really harsh on Hae-jin. I think Hae-jin deserved to be in Top.3..

Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    Compared to Russian ladies, judges were really harsh on Hae-jin. I think Hae-jin deserved to be in Top.3..
    agreed, I expected a 52-53+ score
    judges want a Russia-US top spot as usual

Custom Title
    I expected Hae-jin to beat Lipnitskaia. Lipnitskaia had better spins but Hae-jin had better jumps, and harder ones, too. It's probably because Lipnitskaia is Russian and unfortunately, Hae-jin doesn't come from a country with a strong federation support..

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    The layback was a level 1 and the combo was far easier than the others, so 46 is fine I think...
    49 to Hae-Jin? 22.06 PCS?! Gabrielle Daleman received a higher PCS!
    Sure on TES but So-Youn has some of the best presentation in the field. Gorgeous carriage across the ice, good speed, lovely lines, expressive movements and nice choreography. Hae-Jin too. The judges base everything off of the TES...it's like they don't pay attention to the rest of the skating.

Custom Title
    These worlds are not strong, imo..

ineteresting for FS, less than a point separating from them
    Im sure the girls will be back in FS

Custom Title
    There are times when a skater gives an exquisite performance but because of the Tes the judges just will not give a proper pe or in or ch score. The commentators
    were addressing that with regard to Have-jin. The ISU really needs to address this, as it certainly is not fair or good judging imo.

Custom Title
    I think FS would be interesting-SP score seems almost meaningless right now.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    There are times when a skater gives an exquisite performance but because of the Tes the judges just will not give a proper pe or in or ch score. The commentators
    were addressing that with regard to Have-jin. The ISU really needs to address this, as it certainly is not fair or good judging imo.
    This is what's wrong with the system. PCS are nothing but a tool, whether it's to prop someone or hold them down. I thought both Hae-Jin and So-Youn deserved better than what they got. This is more dirty skating politics rearing its ugly two-faced head.

Custom Title
    It would suit me if they would do away with the short program, as much as I enjoy seeing them. Maybe let them skate two longs, like they did one year in the GPF.

Hae Jin lower than Daleman is wrong
    should have scored at least a 50+

Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    This is what's wrong with the system. PCS are nothing but a tool
    agreed, that why fans focus immediately in PCS
    because they will know who is being held up or down

Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Sure on TES but So-Youn has some of the best presentation in the field. Gorgeous carriage across the ice, good speed, lovely lines, expressive movements and nice choreography. Hae-Jin too. The judges base everything off of the TES...it's like they don't pay attention to the rest of the skating.
    I think that the judges actually don't care about the TES, too: just see the American/Russian girls PCS and compare them to their performances, they received really high PCS even with technical mistakes! So I think that we all agree that, since So-Youn and Hae-Jin were clean, sophisticated and elegant, when Lipnitslaya/Radionova/Miyahara made mistakes, at least Hae-Jin should have been ahead at least of Lipnitskaya in the PCS!
    But, yes, the SP result is almost meaningless: 4 points are separating the leader from the 9th place finisher, so the "real" competition will be the FS!

Custom Title
    It amazes me how Yuna, coming from a country without a strong federation support at all, became a top skater. Unfortunately, judges don't have any problem underscoring other Korean ladies..:(

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    I am very glad to see Cesario in the lead. Her program was just stunning, mature, sophisticated and definitely deserved the highest PCS (if anything the gap between her and Lipnitskaia was far far too small).

I do agree that both Korean girls were very undermarked. They've shown good basics and well choreographed programs, skated to the music well.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast