2013 Junior Worlds Ladies SP | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2013 Junior Worlds Ladies SP

figureskate

On the Ice
I am back from the arena, couldn't stay there for the free dance too but I hope to stay all day long tomorrow. I have to say that the panel looked quite severe with <, or maybe I couldn't get them clearly, but they weren't so evident. The free skate will be so exciting with 10 skaters in 4 points or so. Of course Samantha looked a lot more mature than anybody else, but her age speaks for her. I loved the details of her choreography and she looked so fierce!
Miyahara's was the program I enjoyed the most, maybe her jumps are not that high but they have soft landings. The step sequence was exquisite and I think she didn't get all what she deserved for pcs.
Radionova is absolutely incredible, such a pity her flip but I am sure that was caused by inexperience. She did practice a 3salchow in the warm up, but I guess why since it wasn't planned in the short program at all. She landed a 3s-3t-3t in the warm up :love: . Even after the fall you could tell she was still enjoying herself and didn't worry too much. She has a great sense of music, still the music choice was not the best and surprisingly (well, I have noticed that before too, but just completely realized today) it was almost the same music choice of Pogorilaia and Lipnitskaia. Even the costumes look similar.
Lipnitskaia was the one with better jumping technique. She jumps very high and that mistake was a silly one but she was so upset after that! I don't know if doing spiral after spiral and al of her flexibility works in a good way for her. They surely are difficult transitions but they are kind of distracting.And even the spins could be less stretched. But that's just my point of view. Anyway, I was so impressed with the quality of her spins, not for the positions themselves, but because they were very centered, and that is so clear when she changes the edge in the flying camel.

The stop they did for audio problems was so embarassing, thanks god they gave 6 extra minutes for warm up for the Korean girls. They where very smiley when they came back on the ice :)

Eislauf

On the Ice
I disagree with this, just because someone smiles and shows more spark doesnt = X factor
Leonova desnt, Julia has something an edge Elena doesnt have

We'll have to agree to disagree. It's not just about Elena smiling, per se, it's about how Elena feels the music and projects that joy back to the audience. She wants the audience to have as much fun as she has. She connects with us. She's a young, thin girl but she projects a 'big' personality, and that's all supported by her choice of music, choreography and her bold, sensationally-styled catsuit. She has real showmanship and star quality and like it or not, that can make all the difference.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Lipnitskaia was the one with better jumping technique. She jumps very high and that mistake was a silly one but she was so upset after that! I don't know if doing spiral after spiral and al of her flexibility works in a good way for her. T

It's encouraging to hear Julia's jumps are high, on the tv screen they look a bit small. Hope she skates clean tomorrow
And have fun if you'll attend the rest of the competition:)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Lipnitskaia was the one with better jumping technique. She jumps very high and that mistake was a silly one but she was so upset after that! I don't know if doing spiral after spiral and al of her flexibility works in a good way for her.

The stop they did for audio problems was so embarassing, thanks god they gave 6 extra minutes for warm up for the Korean girls. They where very smiley when they came back on the ice :)

thank you, this was what I've been saying Julia has better and bigger jumps than Elena's minus her 2A

It's encouraging to hear Julia's jumps are high, on the tv screen they look a bit small. Hope she skates clean tomorrow

Julia's jumps may not look that big on TV but her jump core on the air and landings are very clean, Elena is the one with the small jumps not Julia
Elena has 3Flip issues and her 3lz-3t has gotten smaller, other jumps can be wobbly

Last edited:

figureskate

On the Ice
lutz and axel were great, the flip was maybe short (i the sense that it didn't cover much distance) but was pretty high

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Thanks,figureskate , for sharing your impression with us!
PS - Elena can also do 3z-3t-3t. It's the 1st time I hear she lands 3s-3t-3t:eek:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Thanks,figureskate , for sharing your impression with us!
PS - Elena can also do 3z-3t-3t. It's the 1st time I hear she lands 3s-3t-3t:eek:

but probably UR, I don't think she will try it as Elena has even smaller jumps than Julia

Eislauf

On the Ice
I
The stop they did for audio problems was so embarassing, thanks god they gave 6 extra minutes for warm up for the Korean girls.

And given all the other technical difficulties of this Junior Worlds, Ottavio Cinquanta must be mortified.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
but probably UR, I don't think she will try it as Elena has even smaller jumps than Julia

I've seen it in practice at russian nationals and it's not UR. She has a very ambitious layout already, 3Lz-3T and 3F-1L-3S in the LP and has done it successfully a few times
You keep repeating the same thing about Elena's jumps but repeating won't make it true. Elena does not have small jumps. I agree they sometimes lack flow or the landing is a bit wobbly but in terms of height and ice coverage her jumps are fine. I understand Julia is your favorite and you don't like it when people criticize her but it's childish to do the same thing for the other skaters to compensate. There were some rude comments about Julia and instead of ignoring them you made an equally rude allusion to Rachel Flatt, just because the one who was mean towards Julia is called "flattfan". My suggestion is to ignore the ones who annoy you and stop fueling useless arguments.

We'll have to agree to disagree. It's not just about Elena smiling, per se, it's about how Elena feels the music and projects that joy back to the audience. She wants the audience to have as much fun as she has. She connects with us. She's a young, thin girl but she projects a 'big' personality, and that's all supported by her choice of music, choreography and her bold, sensationally-styled catsuit. She has real showmanship and star quality and like it or not, that can make all the difference.

I agree. She doesn't have it all yet but there's loads of potential on all of those aspects and the star quality is there. I hope she is guided well and given good programs (because crap choreography killed Julia for me).

vera01

Final Flight
But to say the truth, both Lipnitskaia and Radionova doesn't have good jumps at all. Compared to Gold's or Tuktamysheva's, jumps that Radionova and Lipnitskaia have aren't one of those jumps that is worth +GOEs. They do have high BV but Gold and Tuktamysheva has difficult jumps(=high BV), too. It won't be easy for both Radionova and Lipnitskaia to place over clean Gold or Tuktamysheva. Quality of jumps are really important, too;) Judges don't give out GOEs for tiny jumps that both Lipnitskaia and Radionova has.

However, if they become a powerful jumper, that'll be a different story.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
are we basing on jumps from current ?

Gold > Sotnikova (headcase) > Tuktamysheva > Julia > Elena

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
are we basing on jumps from current ?

Gold > Sotnikova (headcase) > Tuktamysheva > Julia > Elena

But to say the truth, both Lipnitskaia and Radionova doesn't have good jumps at all. Compared to Gold's or Tuktamysheva's, jumps that Radionova and Lipnitskaia have aren't one of those jumps that is worth +GOEs.

right its about Grade of Execution for "landing jumps"
funny you mention it Julia had the highest GOE from her worst jump the 2A
the jumps in mid air should also count in GOE, Julia has a better center core rotation in the air and sticks her landings compared to Elena's

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Please do not use barnyard comparisons for skaters.

But also, please do not attack other posters on the thread; report them instead and let the mods handle it.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Where are the videos:confused:

While I see so many "heated discussions", I wonder if you all have watched the competitions when discussing, since I cannot find a single video of the ladies from anywhere:disapp:

Where are the videos:confused:

While I see so many "heated discussions", I wonder if you all have watched the competitions when discussing, since I cannot find a single video of the ladies from anywhere:disapp:

www.tvteka.com

There are also free Eurosport feeds out there but I think paying for tvteka is worth it because it's high quality and you can watch on demand later (and 12 bucks for a month of access is not much).

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Neither Elena or Julia have huge jumps. Elena's especially are small and she's at that age where she will start to grow and her body will change. Perhaps her jumps will survive and get bigger but we won't know for a couple years most likely.