Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 332

Thread: 2013 Junior Worlds Ladies SP

  1. #241
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    Looking at the protocols, it appears that Lipnitskaia doesn't flutz anymore, but she lips.
    Julia's jumps are fine, the lutz height is ok as she has gotten a bit taller
    her 2A and Salchow are still small though she has gotten 2 "e" on her flips this season

  2. #242
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,589
    Cesario is not complete. She can totally increase the difficulty in her jumping and try a 3/3 or just a triple lutz double toe. Complete? No.

  3. #243
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    I think Hannah, or Angela really deserved to go instead of Yasmin. Hannah is really consistent and is capable of getting high PCS.
    Yes - and she has a very engaging, joyful on-ice personality. She loves to skate and it shows.

  4. #244
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nürnberg
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Cesario is not complete. She can totally increase the difficulty in her jumping and try a 3/3 or just a triple lutz double toe. Complete? No.
    Did she jump a 3/3 in her career?

  5. #245
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    851
    Cesario flutzes.

  6. #246
    LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Axis of Evil
    Posts
    2,506
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Cesario is not complete. She can totally increase the difficulty in her jumping and try a 3/3 or just a triple lutz double toe. Complete? No.
    She has the whole package more so than any other skater who competed here. She has a consistent lutz but doesn't do it in the SP because it's a flutz.

  7. #247
    Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    As others have noted, the Korean ladies suffered mainly due to their TES, not their PCS. The two skaters directly ahead of Kim both have lower PCS than she does, as do the two skaters who precede Park. Rika Hongo from Japan is in 7th and had lower PCS than both Kim and Park. Wuzrobbing is all good and well, but in this case the marks hardly support it. Their PCS is quite close to Anna Pogorilaya, and she's in second place. The difference is in the technical content; you usually can't UR jumps and stay near the top.
    I think, in relation to the field of skaters, their PCS were on the low end. Comparing the programs (ignore the jumps and spins) of So-Youn and Hae-Jin to Anna, their marks shouldn't be on par; they should be higher. The level of choreography, interpretation, maturity, presentation, etc. was far above what Anna delivered. Yes, Anna's jumps were harder and the scores should reflect that, but in terms of the delivery I don't see how anyone can say Anna's program was better...or Lipnitskaya or Radionova for that point, especially seeing as how both of them had obvious mistakes and very juniorish programs yet their CH, IN and PE scores are among the top 3 highest of the competition.

    Just b/c Anna placed 2nd with 22.62 in PCS doesn't mean that b/c Kim and Park got a similar score that they were scored fairly or that they got what they deserved. I'm looking at the actual skating, not where Anna placed. IMO, the Korean girls' programs warranted higher PCS than what they got.

  8. #248
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    These worlds are not strong, imo..
    Agree. Not one skater I see breaking out in the future from this group. (except, perhaps, Hicks) No Ito, Asada, Kim or even a Kimmie Miesner.(sp) This can be a fun competition to see the future, but, meh, not this year.

  9. #249
    LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Axis of Evil
    Posts
    2,506
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I think, in relation to the field of skaters, their PCS were on the low end. Comparing the programs (ignore the jumps and spins) of So-Youn and Hae-Jin to Anna, their marks shouldn't be on par; they should be higher. The level of choreography, interpretation, maturity, presentation, etc. was far above what Anna delivered. Yes, Anna's jumps were harder and the scores should reflect that, but in terms of the delivery I don't see how anyone can say Anna's program was better...or Lipnitskaya or Radionova for that point, especially seeing as how both of them had obvious mistakes and very juniorish programs yet their CH, IN and PE scores are among the top 3 highest of the competition.
    Radionova's basics, program and the way she delivered it were all good.

    Pogorilaya and Lipnitskaia were definitely overmarked on the PCS but what else is new? Lipnitskaia is just terminally deaf to the music and she wouldn't hear a beat if it smacked her over the head.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 03-01-2013 at 01:15 PM.

  10. #250
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    I had to laugh
    its worth noting when Julia makes mistakes she doesnt get depressed, she gets mad

    she looked very pissed after she got her scores on the screen
    hope that makes her fire up tommorow

  11. #251
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I think, in relation to the field of skaters, their PCS were on the low end. Comparing the programs (ignore the jumps and spins) of So-Youn and Hae-Jin to Anna, their marks shouldn't be on par; they should be higher. The level of choreography, interpretation, maturity, presentation, etc. was far above what Anna delivered. Yes, Anna's jumps were harder and the scores should reflect that, but in terms of the delivery I don't see how anyone can say Anna's program was better...or Lipnitskaya or Radionova for that point, especially seeing as how both of them had obvious mistakes and very juniorish programs yet their CH, IN and PE scores are among the top 3 highest of the competition.

    Just b/c Anna placed 2nd with 22.62 in PCS doesn't mean that b/c Kim and Park got a similar score that they were scored fairly or that they got what they deserved. I'm looking at the actual skating, not where Anna placed. IMO, the Korean girls' programs warranted higher PCS than what they got.
    Let's take a step back, even when the Koreans get one more point in PCS (and I do think they might be a bit underscored in PCS, I wouldn't give them any more than 1 point) they wouldn't be competitive anyway. You're talking about 10th place instead of 12th for HaeJin and 12th instead of 14th for SoYoun. If it doesn't make a difference, it doesn't bother me as much.
    If the difference is skating in the last group, skating for a medal, I would be upset.

    These girls are just NOT good.

  12. #252
    Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Radionova's basics, program and the way she delivered it were all good.

    Pogorilaya and Lipnitskaia were definitely overmarked on the PCS but what else is new? Lipnitskaia is just terminally deaf to the music and she wouldn't hear a bit if it smacked her over the head.
    I love Radionova's energy and pizazz. She makes me smile when she skates. BUT a major mistake like that in the program should have been reflected in her PE score. She was the only one in the top 10 who fell yet she got the 2nd highest PE score: 6.32 to Cesario's 6.39. She may have performed but she didn't execute; the mark should reflect that.

    Anna and Julia are riding off of a combination of reputation and strong federation. That's all that is...

  13. #253
    Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,383
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Let's take a step back, even when the Koreans get one more point in PCS (and I do think they might be a bit underscored in PCS, I wouldn't give them any more than 1 point) they wouldn't be competitive anyway. You're talking about 10th place instead of 12th for HaeJin and 12th instead of 14th for SoYoun. If it doesn't make a difference, it doesn't bother me as much.
    If the difference is skating in the last group, skating for a medal, I would be upset.

    These girls are just NOT good.
    I agree with you in that the PCS should only be adjusted slightly (maybe 1-1.5 points) and it's true it wouldn't make a difference...but that's not the point. It's the principle that counts and it does bother me a bit.

    I disagree with them not being good. I think So-Youn is exquisite (line, posture, expression, musical connection, etc.) and Hae-Jin gives more to her music and choreography than the majority of the junior skaters out there. They have the jumps even though they aren't as explosive or difficult. I think they are two medal contenders in the making...

    I don't define a skater being good based on jumps alone b/c there's more to skating than that. If I had a choice of who I'd prefer to watch, I'd take Park and Kim over Lipnitskaya and Pogorilaya any day.

  14. #254
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    729
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I had to laugh
    its worth noting when Julia makes mistakes she doesnt get depressed, she gets mad

    she looked very pissed after she got her scores on the screen

    hope that makes her fire up tommorow
    Her face was hilarious)) I'm sure she'll do better in the free :P

  15. #255
    LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Axis of Evil
    Posts
    2,506
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I love Radionova's energy and pizazz. She makes me smile when she skates. BUT a major mistake like that in the program should have been reflected in her PE score.
    No, it shouldn't. Mistakes on the technical elements are reflected in the TES. TES is TES. PCS is PCS. Technical elements are not part of PE criteria.

    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Lipnitskaia is now a lipper. How fitting.
    Anyway, yes, that's the problem with this girl. She just does whatever on ice and most of those ugly leg pulls have nothing to do with anything. :(
    +1

    That's exactly it. Random kicks, spirals and splits which serve absolutely no purpose and have nothing to do with the music.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 03-01-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •