Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Junior Worlds Ladies SP

Custom Title
    Thanks,figureskate , for sharing your impression with us!
    PS - Elena can also do 3z-3t-3t. It's the 1st time I hear she lands 3s-3t-3t

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    Thanks,figureskate , for sharing your impression with us!
    PS - Elena can also do 3z-3t-3t. It's the 1st time I hear she lands 3s-3t-3t
    but probably UR, I don't think she will try it as Elena has even smaller jumps than Julia

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by figureskate View Post
    I
    The stop they did for audio problems was so embarassing, thanks god they gave 6 extra minutes for warm up for the Korean girls.
    And given all the other technical difficulties of this Junior Worlds, Ottavio Cinquanta must be mortified.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauf View Post
    And given all the other technical difficulties of this Junior Worlds, Ottavio Cinquanta must be mortified.
    It didn't look like he cared much

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    but probably UR, I don't think she will try it as Elena has even smaller jumps than Julia
    I've seen it in practice at russian nationals and it's not UR. She has a very ambitious layout already, 3Lz-3T and 3F-1L-3S in the LP and has done it successfully a few times
    You keep repeating the same thing about Elena's jumps but repeating won't make it true. Elena does not have small jumps. I agree they sometimes lack flow or the landing is a bit wobbly but in terms of height and ice coverage her jumps are fine. I understand Julia is your favorite and you don't like it when people criticize her but it's childish to do the same thing for the other skaters to compensate. There were some rude comments about Julia and instead of ignoring them you made an equally rude allusion to Rachel Flatt, just because the one who was mean towards Julia is called "flattfan". My suggestion is to ignore the ones who annoy you and stop fueling useless arguments.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by figureskate View Post
    It didn't look like he cared much
    I bet that's just his "game face"; he's trying to give the impression that everything's organized and under control.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauf View Post
    We'll have to agree to disagree. It's not just about Elena smiling, per se, it's about how Elena feels the music and projects that joy back to the audience. She wants the audience to have as much fun as she has. She connects with us. She's a young, thin girl but she projects a 'big' personality, and that's all supported by her choice of music, choreography and her bold, sensationally-styled catsuit. She has real showmanship and star quality and like it or not, that can make all the difference.
    I agree. She doesn't have it all yet but there's loads of potential on all of those aspects and the star quality is there. I hope she is guided well and given good programs (because crap choreography killed Julia for me).

Custom Title
    But to say the truth, both Lipnitskaia and Radionova doesn't have good jumps at all. Compared to Gold's or Tuktamysheva's, jumps that Radionova and Lipnitskaia have aren't one of those jumps that is worth +GOEs. They do have high BV but Gold and Tuktamysheva has difficult jumps(=high BV), too. It won't be easy for both Radionova and Lipnitskaia to place over clean Gold or Tuktamysheva. Quality of jumps are really important, too Judges don't give out GOEs for tiny jumps that both Lipnitskaia and Radionova has.

However, if they become a powerful jumper, that'll be a different story.

Custom Title
    I think Julia L has the 'it' factor but it's not that endearing x factor.

Banned
    are we basing on jumps from current ?

Gold > Sotnikova (headcase) > Tuktamysheva > Julia > Elena

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    are we basing on jumps from current ?

Gold > Sotnikova (headcase) > Tuktamysheva > Julia > Elena
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    But to say the truth, both Lipnitskaia and Radionova doesn't have good jumps at all. Compared to Gold's or Tuktamysheva's, jumps that Radionova and Lipnitskaia have aren't one of those jumps that is worth +GOEs.
    right its about Grade of Execution for "landing jumps"
    funny you mention it Julia had the highest GOE from her worst jump the 2A
    the jumps in mid air should also count in GOE, Julia has a better center core rotation in the air and sticks her landings compared to Elena's

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Please do not use barnyard comparisons for skaters.

But also, please do not attack other posters on the thread; report them instead and let the mods handle it.

Custom Title
    Where are the videos

While I see so many "heated discussions", I wonder if you all have watched the competitions when discussing, since I cannot find a single video of the ladies from anywhere

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by hippomoomin View Post
    Where are the videos

While I see so many "heated discussions", I wonder if you all have watched the competitions when discussing, since I cannot find a single video of the ladies from anywhere
    www.tvteka.com

There are also free Eurosport feeds out there but I think paying for tvteka is worth it because it's high quality and you can watch on demand later (and 12 bucks for a month of access is not much).

Custom Title
    Neither Elena or Julia have huge jumps. Elena's especially are small and she's at that age where she will start to grow and her body will change. Perhaps her jumps will survive and get bigger but we won't know for a couple years most likely.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast