2013 Junior Worlds Ladies SP | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2013 Junior Worlds Ladies SP

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sometimes though you can tell even at 13, 14. For instance i don't see Miyahara ever having decent sized jumps.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Sometimes though you can tell even at 13, 14. For instance i don't see Miyahara ever having decent sized jumps.

Miyahara is already getting UR's

Julia and Elena are almost equal on jumps, but I'd be more worried about Elena's, Julia she has grown and her jumps have gotten bigger ,
her 2A is still terrible though and she is getting e calls on her flips
Liza and Adelina though had bigger jumps than these two when they were juniors.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Miyahara is already getting UR's

Julia and Elena are almost equal on jumps, but I'd be more worried about Elena's, Julia she has grown and her jumps have gotten bigger ,
her 2A is still terrible though and she is getting e calls on her flips
Liza and Adelina though had bigger jumps than these two when they were juniors.
But you can never tell: Adelina's jumps were really more stable than Liza's when they were Juniors, now it's the opposite... I'm personally more worried about Julia's jumps, because of her wrong axel and lutz technique:as we saw in this SP, if the landing of the first jumps is not perfect, she isn't able to add a clean combo, and she has problems with her double jumps, they have really poor quality, so, if she lands a 3-3, she gets high GOE, but she is able to land either a 3-3 or a 3-1, not a good 3-2 instead of the 3-3, and that's risky...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
But you can never tell: Adelina's jumps were really more stable than Liza's when they were Juniors, now it's the opposite... I'm personally more worried about Julia's jumps, because of her wrong axel and lutz technique:as we saw in this SP, if the landing of the first jumps is not perfect, she isn't able to add a clean combo, and she has problems with her double jumps, they have really poor quality, so, if she lands a 3-3, she gets high GOE, but she is able to land either a 3-3 or a 3-1, not a good 3-2 instead of the 3-3, and that's risky...

Julia said in her interviews its all or nothing on 3-3 because doing double jumps is hard for her

vera01

Final Flight
Julia's triple jumps are much better than her doubles-is she interested in learning 3A? I think her 3A might be better than her 2A;)

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Samantha CESARIO (USA) - 54.69 Short Program
2. Anna POGORILAYA (RUS) - 53.98 Short Program
3. Courtney HICKS (USA) - 53.98 Short Program
4. Julia LIPNITSKAYA (RUS) - 53.86 Short Program
5. Elena RADIONOVA (RUS) - 53.48 Short Program
6. Satoko MIYAHARA (JPN) - 52.16 Short Program
7. Rika HONGO (JPN) - 52.15 Short Program
8. Gabrielle DALEMAN (CAN) - 50.70 Short Program
9. Laurine LECAVELIER (FRA) - 50.43 Short Program
10. Nathalie WEINZIERL (GER) - 49.97 Short Program
11. Hae Jin KIM (KOR) - 49.26 Short Program
12. Alaine CHARTRAND (CAN) - 48.14 Short Program
13. Yasmin SIRAJ (USA) - 47.65 Short Program
14. So Youn PARK (KOR) - 47.24 Short Program
15. Brooklee HAN (AUS) - 47.20 Short Program

Reginald

Match Penalty
WOW! The top SEVEN are all within three points.

A virtual 7-way tie heading into the long program!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Julia's triple jumps are much better than her doubles-is she interested in learning 3A? I think her 3A might be better than her 2A;)

She's said no, that if she's going to go for something it's a quad :) I think it was actually at the interview after the short in the World Juniors last year.

I have to say with all these tiny jumps we saw from some of the top girls i'm not sure how far they can go in the future.

They are tiny. Obviously they don't have a lot of power in their skating and aren't capable of getting a lot of elevation on their jumps yet.

lavender

Record Breaker
I have to say with all these tiny jumps we saw from some of the top girls i'm not sure how far they can go in the future.

I kind of agree. Maybe they can improved but I don't know. I didn't enjoy watching those jumps. They weren't appealing at all to me.