2013 Junior Worlds Ladies SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2013 Junior Worlds Ladies SP

katymay

Medalist
Can't believe they sent Siraj! Didn't even realized until I see her name. What happened to Angela? That girl is the future of US figure skating. Her jumps are massive, and she has decent artistry and some fight in her. She can definitely be polished.

The rules are what they are. I do not want a Star Chamber deciding these assignments. The only thing is, it seems to me that Wang was hosed at nationals to some extent.

vera01

Final Flight
Lipnitskaia made a mistake, too. Courtney definitely has chance to place over both Russian ladies, Radionova and Lipnitskaia:)

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Compared to Anna, Elena definitely is overscored.

Elena completely missed an element but the rest was very good. Anna had mistakes on many of her elements. I don't think Elena is over-scored.
Julia missed the combo. Bad day for Russian girls

FlattFan

Match Penalty
The USFS has their head up their up know what. They only go by what happened at US Nationals. Siraj finished ahead of Wang and Miller so they get to stay home even though they both went to the JGP final. In fact Miller medaled at every event and it got her nothing. This isn't how you develop young skaters.

Do they? Jr champ didn't even get to go.
Siraj finished ahead, which is ridiculous. I was not impressed. There seemed to be no rule when it comes to picking jr ladies, so why not send the biggest ones like Angela. Hannah is ok. I'm ok with sending/not sending her. But would send her over Siraj.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Julia LIPNITSKAIA (RUS)

Music: Sabre Dance (modern arrangement) by Aram Khatchaturian

3Lz+1T - will get -3 in GOE
3F
2A - small, but clean
FCSp
StSq
LSp
CCoSp

Costly mistake on combo, but strong spins as usual

SP: 29.31 + 24.55 = 53.86
in 2nd (out of 38)

Last edited:

katymay

Medalist
Elena completely missed an element but the rest was very good. Anna had mistakes on many of her elements. I don't think Elena is over-scored.
Julia missed the combo. Bad day for Russian girls

Bad day for costuming as well. Never thought I would see so many garish unitards in one competition.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
This just shows no matter how good and talented the Russian ladies are, they have to bring it. The same scenario could very well happen at the Olympics. Competition is competition, we should stop proclaiming the next Olympic champion

FlattFan

Match Penalty
This just shows no matter how good and talented the Russian ladies are, they have to bring it. The same scenario could very well happen at the Olympics. Competition is competition, we should stop proclaiming the next Olympic champion

Well, I haven't seen how good or talented the Russian ladies are yet. The senior girls are still struggling. The junior girls haven't gone through puberty yet.

vera01

Final Flight
It makes me wonder, what happened to top girls? Courtney, Elena and Julia all made a mistake. I'm surprised to see all of these girls having a bad day.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
ur in combo, lousy landing on flip, no-character performance, pcs will be much lower, at least they should be

deedee1

Record Breaker
oh...sorry to hear Elena and Julia made a mistake...:cry: Who is going be first to break 60 tonight? Courtney, maybe?
Wow, scores are so close to each other. :eek: My fingers crossed for Rika Hongo that she will hold onto 6th at the end of tonight! :yes:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Courtney HICKS (USA)

Music: Korobushka by Bond

3Lz+3T - landed ok, but 3T actually looked << in replay
LSp
FCSp
3F - stepout
2A
StSq
CCoSp

Will it be enough to lead? Probably, but not by too much...

SP: 30.47 + 23.51 = 53.98 (PB)
in 2nd (out of 39)

Tied for 1st with Pogorilaya

Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
russian babies are all within one point and all made mistakes. Tiredness of long season? They're 14yo afterall...