Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Junior Worlds Ladies SP

Custom Title
    Radionova was a long way of getting the 3 flip, first time I have seen her fall this season. An enjoyable performance all the same. I wonder how far she will be behind the leader? Will she even be in the final group?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    ^ Osmond is too big even now, at the age of 17. Next season she might reach Flatt size and the rest you know.
    I would like to know what you mean by this. Osmond at 17 has already gone through the puberty monster stage. Perhaps that is why she has progressed so well over the last year.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Can't believe they sent Siraj! Didn't even realized until I see her name. What happened to Angela? That girl is the future of US figure skating. Her jumps are massive, and she has decent artistry and some fight in her. She can definitely be polished.
    The USFS has their head up their up know what. They only go by what happened at US Nationals. Siraj finished ahead of Wang and Miller so they get to stay home even though they both went to the JGP final. In fact Miller medaled at every event and it got her nothing. This isn't how you develop young skaters.

Custom Title
    Compared to Anna, Elena definitely is overscored.

I like how the Eurosport guys are explaining the levels for spins and footwork.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Can't believe they sent Siraj! Didn't even realized until I see her name. What happened to Angela? That girl is the future of US figure skating. Her jumps are massive, and she has decent artistry and some fight in her. She can definitely be polished.

The rules are what they are. I do not want a Star Chamber deciding these assignments. The only thing is, it seems to me that Wang was hosed at nationals to some extent.

Custom Title
    Lipnitskaia made a mistake, too. Courtney definitely has chance to place over both Russian ladies, Radionova and Lipnitskaia

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    Compared to Anna, Elena definitely is overscored.
    Elena completely missed an element but the rest was very good. Anna had mistakes on many of her elements. I don't think Elena is over-scored.
    Julia missed the combo. Bad day for Russian girls

Banned
    not teh day for Julia but she'll be back tommorow

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    The USFS has their head up their up know what. They only go by what happened at US Nationals. Siraj finished ahead of Wang and Miller so they get to stay home even though they both went to the JGP final. In fact Miller medaled at every event and it got her nothing. This isn't how you develop young skaters.
    Do they? Jr champ didn't even get to go.
    Siraj finished ahead, which is ridiculous. I was not impressed. There seemed to be no rule when it comes to picking jr ladies, so why not send the biggest ones like Angela. Hannah is ok. I'm ok with sending/not sending her. But would send her over Siraj.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Julia LIPNITSKAIA (RUS)

Music: Sabre Dance (modern arrangement) by Aram Khatchaturian

3Lz+1T - will get -3 in GOE
    3F
    2A - small, but clean
    FCSp
    StSq
    LSp
    CCoSp

Costly mistake on combo, but strong spins as usual

SP: 29.31 + 24.55 = 53.86
    in 2nd (out of 38)
    Last edited by sequinsgalore; 03-01-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Elena completely missed an element but the rest was very good. Anna had mistakes on many of her elements. I don't think Elena is over-scored.
    Julia missed the combo. Bad day for Russian girls
    Bad day for costuming as well. Never thought I would see so many garish unitards in one competition.

Custom Title
    This just shows no matter how good and talented the Russian ladies are, they have to bring it. The same scenario could very well happen at the Olympics. Competition is competition, we should stop proclaiming the next Olympic champion

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    This just shows no matter how good and talented the Russian ladies are, they have to bring it. The same scenario could very well happen at the Olympics. Competition is competition, we should stop proclaiming the next Olympic champion
    Well, I haven't seen how good or talented the Russian ladies are yet. The senior girls are still struggling. The junior girls haven't gone through puberty yet.

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast