Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Junior Worlds Ladies SP

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Cesario must feel like a senior citizen.
    i know skating with all those girls
    must be odd

Custom Title
    Well.. Jr.Worlds is really exciting for sure

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Cesario must feel like a senior citizen.
    She can make a very nice surprise here though I am not sure she has the technical content to compete for first place if the Russian ladies bring their A game tomorrow(which I think they will)

Banned
    I dont think we will be seeing a 60+
    so highest will probably be around 56-58 range that will be beatable in LP

Custom Title
    I think Elena can place 1st or 2nd. She is good at FS

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    I think there is no question about talent: Adelina, Liza, Julia, Elena, Anna, all of them are good and talented. And still very young, even the senior girls
    when i think jr phenom, i think miki, mao, yuna.
    miki had quad sal, mao had 3a, yuna had huge jumps and consistent 3x3 without edge problem.
    adelina, well, flutz and unstable flip
    liza skates like a junior, and has no ice coverage. she skated the skate of her life and was one point ahead of a very flawed kostner. how much talent is there?
    julia jumps 5 inches off the ice, has terrible 2a, ugly choreography with leg lift and doesn't even realize it's ugly
    anna is forgettable. her pcs clearly showed.
    elena is probably the better one in the group, but she's tiny, who knows if she can jump in a year.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I dont think we will be seeing a 60+
    so highest will probably be around 56-58 range that will be beatable in LP
    Yes, I agree. It's not all lost for Elena and Julia.

Custom Title
    Goooo Satoko! You can do it!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    miki had quad sal, mao had 3a, yuna had huge jumps and consistent 3x3 without edge problem.
    liza skates like a junior, and has no ice coverage. she skated the skate of her life and was one point ahead of a very flawed kostner. how much talent is there?
    julia jumps 5 inches off the ice, has terrible 2a, ugly choreography with leg lift and doesn't even realize it's ugly
    elena is probably the better one in the group, but she's tiny, who knows if she can jump in a year.
    Ahhh....you are young...the biggest "junior" phenom was Midori Ito. At 11 she had a huge triple triple.. She was born at the wrong time (compulsory figures), but even at 11 she was a freak of nature. No one has been born yet to equal her jumping ability.

Custom Title
    oh.my.god. :D
    what a splatfest from our girls! Pogorilaya was the best from them Oo
    hope for a redemption at the free..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by katymay View Post
    Ahhh....you are young...the biggest "junior" phenom was Midori Ito. At 11 she had a huge triple triple.. She was born at the wrong time (compulsory figures), but even at 11 she was a freak of nature. No one has been born yet to equal her jumping ability.
    haha. sure. miss ito is the phenom of phenoms. she's still the best jumper.

Custom Title
    Why are you comparing these girls to Mao and Kim? They were once in a lifetime skaters. Ando's quad was always shaky and she finally stopped even trying to do it and quite frankly besides her jumps she didn't have much more to offer at their age.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Brooklee HAN (AUS)

Music: Freedom by Michael Smith; Titanic Symphony by Richard Clayderman

3T+2T
    2F
    FCSp
    2A
    LSp
    StSq
    CCoSp

Clean skate, but quite low difficulty

SP: 25.46 + 21.74 = 47.20
    in 11th (out of 40)

Custom Title
    Liza doesn't skate like a junior and posted a LP score over 130 at the age of 16, has amazing technique, won both of her GP events in her debut, went through injury and puberty with her jumps intact. Her technique is pristine and out of all the russian ladies I'd have my money on her for the future. Adelina is a bit underwhelming but she just one a silver medal at Europeans on her debut, with a big score. It's not fair to compare them with Carolina IMO at this point.
    Miki, Mao and Yuna were junior phenomenon but the big guns retired after 2006 Olympics. Without Mao, Yuna and Caro(who are the big guns currently) the russian ladies would fight for gold at worlds.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast