Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Junior Worlds Men FS

Custom Title
    Protocols are up. Jason Brown didn't get a single negative GOE from any judge. Even positive GOE on his solo 3A. The boy CAN do it!

Custom Title
    Samarin and kolyada add up to 14 - too bad! almost at three - you can Blame kolyada sp or fall or Samarin for no 3a.

Custom Title
    And yes, Farris fell on the 4T.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Protocols are up. Jason Brown didn't get a single negative GOE from any judge. Even positive GOE on his solo 3A. The boy CAN do it!
    I think we can now offically say that he's got it.

The pesky "e" showed up for Josh again.

Custom Title
    Yayyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

The American men really brought it all today! And congrats to Martinez for improving 10 places from last year!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Kolyada skated quite well, that's a nice score. I'm glad he proved you were wrong, just like Adelina did
    Kolyada didn't prove nothing because he fell and didn't get Top 5 so No 3 spots for Russia ??? Samarin skated clean throughout but again hampered by no 3A
    Kolyada is a headcase like Adelina, I will admit I'm shocked he didn't get a 145+ score, I already calculated 3 falls in his LP

congrats for the US boys medal sweep !!!!!
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 03-02-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Just barely Presuming that Brown and Farris beat them both, they'll be sixth and eighth.

Canada will only get one slot per JGP for the men. To bad for Kan as the slots will likely go to Sadovsky, Gordon and Nguyen.

Farris put up 152.48 with -1 deduction. Don't know what for.
    Actually Canada will only get 1 slot in 6 of the 7 JGP events next year as skaters from 6 different countries ( US , China , Philipines , Russia, Japan , Germany ) finished ahead of Nam. Canada barely managed to salvage 2 JW spots next season as if Nam finished any lower Canada would be down to 1 JW entry next year.

These are the allocation rules for singles and dance ( unless the ISU decides to change them again )

The top 3 countries get 2 slots in each JGP.
    Countries 4 - 6 are guaranteed 1 slot in each JGP. ( Countries 4 and 5 do get a chance to fill any unused slots up to 2 entries per JGP )
    Countries 7 - 12 get 1 slot in 6 of the 7 events.

Home countries always get 3 entries in the event they are hosting.

It is likely that Russia will get 14 slots despite finishing as the 4th highest country as it is unlikely that the Phillipines will use all of their slots. Japan will probably pick up a few spots too.

Custom Title
    Did Josh set a WR for JWC with his score? Seems very high. I know Rippon and Yan got 222 before but I don't recall anyone going over 228.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Did Josh set a WR for JWC with his score? Seems very high. I know Rippon and Yan got 222 before but I don't recall anyone going over 228.
    yes a new Junior World Records for the junior men previously set by Yan

Custom Title
    Kokyada went up the standings and Samarin went down and his only mistake was a a stepout on a 3s but goes to show he must have higher pcs and kloyada must have higher pcs but how is pcs increased to a where both and all Russian men don't have very bad pcs most of the time. It never helps it's always lagging.

mylastduchess
    Any vids up yet?

Custom Title
    No but this link is showing Josh and Jason in a couple minutes. http://88.80.15.211/b00ha/20130129/v...56-493131.html

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Kokyada went up the standings and Samarin went down and his only mistake was a a stepout on a 3s but goes to show he must have higher pcs and kloyada must have higher pcs but how is pcs increased to a where both and all Russian men don't have very bad pcs most of the time. It never helps it's always lagging.
    who cares if Kolyada has a 3A , he fell !
    Samarin is a stable skater when he gets a 3A his score and pcs will be better same for Petrov
    hope they send Petrov next season with Samarin, he can score a close 200+ now with a 3A.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    sky_fly20 - Just admit you were wrong. Kolyada was 6th and was the highest placed Russian man here.

Jason: He skated such an incredible program, I loved it! I hope Joshua, Kovtun and Yan will be definitely Seniors next season so he can win everything because he really has it all! 73 PCS? I think he deserved A LOT more, if some of the top Senior Men skated this program even worse than how he did, they would get 80+...

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast