Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Junior Worlds Men FS

Custom Title
    I think Jason has superior skating skills then almost any of the top Senior men discounting Jeremy. And Josh has huge jumps and a big triple axel. Good for him trying the quad again.

mylastduchess
    Oh my god somebody post a vid of the 1op 5 already the stream didn't work on me

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    From your lips to the ears of youtubers !!

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    I think Brown should have won this.

He deserved to win the PCS in the SP and he deserved an even higher lead on the PCS and GOE in the FS.

I think the judges were quite generous to Farris on the GOE.

And thanks to all the morons whining about the lack of quads, we now have a situation where falling on a 4toe is worth more than landing a clean 3lutz. Absolutely ridiculous.

Custom Title
    Josh has big jumps and his triple axel is huge. Plus he had a 6 point lead on Jason going into the LP.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Josh has big jumps and his triple axel is huge. Plus he had a 6 point lead on Jason going into the LP.
    He shouldn't have had a 6 point lead going into the FS, though. Brown was undermarked on the PCS in the SP.

Farris does have good jumps but his spins and steps aren't as good as Brown's and the quality of everything Brown did was just incredible.

I also completely disagree with falling a quad and crashing into the boards being worth so much points. But can't do anything about that, that's what the system is like.

I guess Brown only has himself to blame for botching that combination in the short. Had he landed it, he would have probably won overall.

I think Ziggy is saying that Jason was underscored in the SP with regard to PCS (and possibly in both programs) and if scored as Z thought, Brown would have won overall, too

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I guess Brown only has himself to blame for botching that combination in the short. Had he landed it, he would have probably won overall.
    I think that is exactly what Kori Ade said in KNC to Jason - I thought I caught triple Lutz-triple toe when I read her lips...

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Brown is one of those sunny natured people. I'll bet he is not dwelling on losing the short or the gold, but celebrating landing all three of his dreaded triple axels that he has had such trouble learning the past two years. And winning the small gold in the long, and the silver overall.

So on to the quad for Jason, I suppose.

His plan has been to aim for 2018...should he go senior next year?

I think Jason has superior skating skills then almost any of the top Senior men discounting Jeremy.
    And still they gave him a SS score fo 7.14...

Custom Title
    I know it seems like it doesn't matter if the scoring system was changed you still have the same clueless morons judging.
    Last edited by Jammers; 03-02-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Custom Title
    So far only the men have impressed me. The skating has been rather meh. Good work for the us men. I am not sure these are wow performances but certainly the best. Jason Brown for years I thought might be a Hanyu, Chan or Tak but his technical skills aren't quite there. Still wow a sweep for the US men. I was impressed the Russians did better than I thought but if the rules are the same for seniors they fell short in the bid for three men. Canada is a bit of a disapointment but maybe Nam isn't big or strong enough and also going through puberty issues. The Japanese men were a bit of a let down too considering their domination mind you they have some young men in seniors so there is time unless Hanyu wins OGM and retires

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Brown is one of those sunny natured people. I'll bet he is not dwelling on losing the short or the gold, but celebrating landing all three of his dreaded triple axels that he has had such trouble learning the past two years. And winning the small gold in the long, and the silver overall.

So on to the quad for Jason, I suppose.

His plan has been to aim for 2018...should he go senior next year?
    I hope the move to Denver area for Jason and Kori is fruitful and yields Jason a quad or two. It will be interesting to see Jason and Josh in the same rink training...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by nadster View Post
    Actually Canada will only get 1 slot in 6 of the 7 JGP events next year as skaters from 6 different countries ( US , China , Philipines , Russia, Japan , Germany ) finished ahead of Nam. Canada barely managed to salvage 2 JW spots next season as if Nam finished any lower Canada would be down to 1 JW entry next year.

These are the allocation rules for singles and dance ( unless the ISU decides to change them again )

The top 3 countries get 2 slots in each JGP.
    Countries 4 - 6 are guaranteed 1 slot in each JGP. ( Countries 4 and 5 do get a chance to fill any unused slots up to 2 entries per JGP )
    Countries 7 - 12 get 1 slot in 6 of the 7 events.

Home countries always get 3 entries in the event they are hosting.

It is likely that Russia will get 14 slots despite finishing as the 4th highest country as it is unlikely that the Phillipines will use all of their slots. Japan will probably pick up a few spots too.
    I thought it was 3 for the top three nations. My bad.

Custom Title
    WOW WOW WOW!
    I'm absolutely thrilled for all three of the US men. Josh went out and did what he's been doing all season, some silly mistakes, but a good and solid skater. Jason now has done the 3A times at his past 2 competitions...and to do all of them clean here is a huge step forward for him - i'm sure during the off season he will be adding footwork going into it, which will make him competitive even without a quad (does anyone know how much work he's put in on a quad?). but very impressed with scores by these two, pity Jason's been undermarked in PCS - i really dislike how judges think juniors/less experience means they can score lower and vice versa for some senior skater, but a sweep is a sweep. I'm excited for Sho, i wonder if he will move up to seniors or not...it's getting awfully crowded again for the US senior men...

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast