Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Costumes This Season

Custom Title

Favorite Costumes This Season

I've been watching some programs in anticipation of Worlds and have fallen in love with some of the skaters' costumes. I was wondering what all your favorites have been. Mine are:

Yuna - Both her SP and LP costumes are stunning. Normally I wouldn't think light blue would work for someone as fair-skinned as she is, but the crimson and the jewels really bring the costume together. I also love her LP costume, but not as much as her SP one.

Mao - Her LP costume at the GPF. So many feathers can be risky because someone can look like Big Bird, but the costume is very tastefully done and really gives her an elegant look. Her SP costume is

Akiko - I love her LP costume as well.

Carolina - She would look magnificent in anything she wears, but her SP costume at Euros is particularly nice, with the splash of red and the detail on the sleeves.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I thought Yuna's costumes are both grey, light and darker, are they blue?
    I like both swan costumes of Mao but the feathery 4CC looks gorgeous when she skates.
    Akiko might have the best Lp costume ever, not only this season. I like Kanako's new costume at 4CC too.
    I think Fernadez Lp is a great costume and Daisuke's red jacket of the old sp, I cant remember any other men now.

Kavaguti's Lp costume was stunning live and also Capelini's first costume of Carmen looked much better than the new. I like also Tessa's black Carmen costume, I think it is interesting.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    I don't remember what all those costumes look like. So here are some pics I found:

Mao's swan FS dress. It's not horrible, but I don't love it either. It just brings to mind the phrase "tarred and feathered". The way the feathers are arranged aren't artful enough to entirely escape the notion that she just got sweaty and rolled around some geese.

Mao's SP costume. A costume designed to leap out of the screen, and stab every viewer in each eyeball repeatedly.

Mao's Mary Poppins gala costume. I love it. It doesn't break any molds, but it is adorable and entirely appropriate.

Akiko Suzuki's FS costume. It's a peacock. It's nice but not great.

Akiko Suzuki's SP costume. It's more rhinestone biker than Kill Bill.

Yuna Kim's Kiss of the Vampire SP outfit. I don't like it. I don't like the shapes on it, and I don't like that shade of red with that shade of blue.

Her Les Miserables FS costume. Drab renn faire reject.

Yuzuru Hanyu's gala costume. The appliqué could be more thoughtfully done, but it's cute.

Custom Title
    The original version of Jason's Liebestraume costume (that we saw at the two JGPs) I thought was a lot nicer than the final version (with the blue pants) that we saw from JGPF on.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    The kid has a ponytail, for pete's sake! It's really a miracle his costumes aren't worse.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    The kid has a ponytail, for pete's sake! It's really a miracle his costumes aren't worse.
    His ponytail doesn't have anything to do with anything. And his costumes are normally really good - his SP one last year was fantastic. This year his costumer seems to have taken leave of her senses.

Custom Title
    I thought Mirai Negasu's long program dress was gorgeous. That electric blue color and the fit was perfect. Did not care for Ashley Wagner's yellowy/orangey long program dress. Hated the color.

Custom Title
    -Tessa's FD costume
    -Meryl's FD costume
    -Yuna's SP&FS costume
    -Kaitlyn(Weaver)'s SD costume
    -Mao's GPF FS costume:I don't like her 4CC costume-GPF version is much better IMO.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar

My favorites

- Christina Gao SP: Very elegant and striking + purple! (pic)
    - Davis/White SD: So much fun to "Giselle". Sometimes it's just great to see ice dancer go all out (but in a suitable, non-shredded way) (pic)
    - Meryl Davis FD: Love the dark red color, and how she managed to look un-Disney. His is a little boring (pic)
    - Ksenia Makarova FD: Too bad she can't jump, but the dress is very fashion-y (pic)
    - Carolina Kostner: It's black but quite weird, which matches the music "Bolero" (pic)
    - Zijun Li FS: A bit saccharine, but I like it nonetheless (pic)
    - Kiira Korpi to SP and FS: Both are very elegang w/ good design (SP and FS)
    - Maia/Alex Shibutani FD: Their SD is a mess, but the FD is so elegant - they don't look like Halloween costumes (pic)

[QUOTE=sequinsgalore;718027]- /
    - Kiira Korpi to SP and FS: Both are very elegang w/ good design (SP

OMG, LOVE this...and love the green. Who designs for her?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Yuna Kim's Kiss of the Vampire SP outfit. I don't like it. I don't like the shapes on it, and I don't like that shade of red with that shade of blue.
    I do like it, but looking at it again for some reason I'm reminded of MK's Lyra Angelica dress covered in a bit of blood

Some that haven't been mentioned yet:

- Kanako Murakami FS version 1 and version 2
    - Ashley Wagner SP
    - Elene Gedevanishvili SP & FS (the first version, that she also wore at Japan Open)
    - Nikol Gosviani FS
    - Lenaelle Gilleron-Gory SP
    - Julia Lipnitskaya SP
    - Amelie Lacoste FS
    - Polina Korobeynikova SP
    - Haruka Imai SP

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Free Dance attire for Charlie Davis and also for Scott Moir.

Basic black. No feathers, sequins, or beads.

Custom Title
    - Ksenia Makarova FD: Too bad she can't jump, but the dress is very fashion-y (pic)
    I hope this isn't inappropriate, but is she wearing padding on her butt?

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Meryl Davis's freedance whole look is just beautiful.
    I know i'm the minority but I love Mao's featherly white Swan dress

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast