Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Chan feeling like figure skating 'underdog'

Custom Title
    An old article written by a hack, fwiw.

Custom Title
    Patrick is a young man who wants it all and is very talented but he is letting testoterone, youth get in the way. I was a bit scared when i hear a 22 year old is looking into buying a house without finishing post secondary schooling especially when he is getting support through sponsors and fundraising especially the chinese community. patrick better smarten up. Losing might even be good for him but he should have been working on the quad sal or flip this season. there isn't a lot of room forhim to gain points on pcs. He gve away his shot at OGM if he doens't do something on the offseason. Fernadeze and them al hve the programs now. He should almost be panicking ok exaggerating but really he is lettong ogm go bye bye and how man young relationships have we seen end up torpoedoed??? I just saw a picture signed by some friends and two peole signed it together and now they are married to someone else. Ah young love is often young lust and such foolishness can lead him with no OGM and 10 or 20 years down the road realizing his desire for lust or whatever led to his downfall. Sad but it has happened before all for the love or lust of a girl....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    An old article written by a hack, fwiw.
    Sorry, i missed that it had been previously published

Rinkside
    I too believe that Patrick needs a figure skating coach. To paraphrase, he who coaches himself, coaches a fool. Ask Michelle.

Custom Title
    At the very least, Chan needs to be putting a 2nd 3a in his program, or if he doesn't want to do that, I agree he should be working towards a 4s or 4f. Two 4t and one 3a might not be enough to do the trick considering at this point he's unlikely to land all 3 of those jumps cleanly. Javi, Kevin, Yuzu, Brezina, Amodio have more tech and are getting better in terms of PCS, even Dai goes for two quads and two 3a in his FS, and his PCS can even exceed those of Chan. Patrick better figure something out and quick or else I would not be surprised at all if he winds up off the podium in Sochi, in fact, he might not even improve upon his 5th place in Vancouver considering Plush may be back and will have the advantage of skating on home ice. Hopefully he can skate pretty cleanly here because if not, I worry about a repeat of the GPF outcome, or worse (Javi nearly bumped him off the podium then and has momentum from his stunning Euros).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    At the very least, Chan needs to be putting a 2nd 3a in his program, or if he doesn't want to do that, I agree he should be working towards a 4s or 4f. Two 4t and one 3a might not be enough to do the trick considering at this point he's unlikely to land all 3 of those jumps cleanly. Javi, Kevin, Yuzu, Brezina, Amodio have more tech and are getting better in terms of PCS, even Dai goes for two quads and two 3a in his FS, and his PCS can even exceed those of Chan. Patrick better figure something out and quick or else I would not be surprised at all if he winds up off the podium in Sochi, in fact, he might not even improve upon his 5th place in Vancouver considering Plush may be back and will have the advantage of skating on home ice. Hopefully he can skate pretty cleanly here because if not, I worry about a repeat of the GPF outcome, or worse (Javi nearly bumped him off the podium then and has momentum from his stunning Euros).
    While I doubt Plushenko will be a threat and I think putting the a second 3A would be risky at best (it's such an achilles heel for him), I agree with the rest. But I think the only way he works with a jump coach to up the content is if he is bronze/off the podium at Worlds 2013.

It's disappointing that the talk of the 4F and 4S turned out to be exactly that - talk.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    While I doubt Plushenko will be a threat and I think putting the a second 3A would be risky at best (it's such an achilles heel for him), I agree with the rest. But I think the only way he works with a jump coach to up the content is if he is bronze/off the podium at Worlds 2013.

It's disappointing that the talk of the 4F and 4S turned out to be exactly that - talk.
    I am very saddened by Patrick Chan's attitude towards skating. He perhaps was or is not my favourite skater but there is no doubt he is a talented skater. I heard he was working on the quad sal and flip but we have not seen it; it will be too late now to get it for Sochi he can kiss OGM away. if only he could or can see what we see. How blind is love or lust???? O Canada; Oh no your gold medal skater has lost his way and it may be too late.

He had a great plan to get the quad sal and flip

Custom Title
    In the beginning, I liked Chan, but I found that he gets too good marks even when he falls, and the program loses its perfectness, so I tend to love other skaters. Right now I really prefer Kevin Reynolds. I also like Javier Fernandez.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2