Chan feeling like figure skating 'underdog' | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Chan feeling like figure skating 'underdog'

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
At the very least, Chan needs to be putting a 2nd 3a in his program, or if he doesn't want to do that, I agree he should be working towards a 4s or 4f. Two 4t and one 3a might not be enough to do the trick considering at this point he's unlikely to land all 3 of those jumps cleanly. Javi, Kevin, Yuzu, Brezina, Amodio have more tech and are getting better in terms of PCS, even Dai goes for two quads and two 3a in his FS, and his PCS can even exceed those of Chan. Patrick better figure something out and quick or else I would not be surprised at all if he winds up off the podium in Sochi, in fact, he might not even improve upon his 5th place in Vancouver considering Plush may be back and will have the advantage of skating on home ice. Hopefully he can skate pretty cleanly here because if not, I worry about a repeat of the GPF outcome, or worse (Javi nearly bumped him off the podium then and has momentum from his stunning Euros).

While I doubt Plushenko will be a threat and I think putting the a second 3A would be risky at best (it's such an achilles heel for him), I agree with the rest. But I think the only way he works with a jump coach to up the content is if he is bronze/off the podium at Worlds 2013.

It's disappointing that the talk of the 4F and 4S turned out to be exactly that - talk.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
While I doubt Plushenko will be a threat and I think putting the a second 3A would be risky at best (it's such an achilles heel for him), I agree with the rest. But I think the only way he works with a jump coach to up the content is if he is bronze/off the podium at Worlds 2013.

It's disappointing that the talk of the 4F and 4S turned out to be exactly that - talk.

I am very saddened by Patrick Chan's attitude towards skating. He perhaps was or is not my favourite skater but there is no doubt he is a talented skater. I heard he was working on the quad sal and flip but we have not seen it; it will be too late now to get it for Sochi he can kiss OGM away. if only he could or can see what we see. How blind is love or lust???? O Canada; Oh no your gold medal skater has lost his way and it may be too late.

He had a great plan to get the quad sal and flip

Sabrina

Record Breaker
In the beginning, I liked Chan, but I found that he gets too good marks even when he falls, and the program loses its perfectness, so I tend to love other skaters. Right now I really prefer Kevin Reynolds. I also like Javier Fernandez.