2A
FCCoSp

She looked very tired, especially at the end. She looks disappointed

FS: 33.38 + 32.40 - 2.00 = 63.78
Tot: 105.38, in 5th (out of 6)

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Missed the first group but very excited to get to see the rest live! It's been a while since I could watch a competition live (thanks timezones and work).

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Yasmin SIRAJ (USA)

Music: Seven Years in Tibet (soundtrack) by John Williams

3F
3Lz+2T
S - didn't get up into the air at all
CCoSp
3T+2A+SEQ
3Lz
spin
StSq
3T - stepout
2A+2T+2Lo
FCCoSp

Big mistake on salchow, otherwise quite solid. Will have to check for UR's

FS: 49.15 + 42.28 = 91.43
Tot: 139.08, in 1st (out of 7)

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I don't live Yasmin though I find it hard to pinpoint why. Her posture and spin positions could use work but other than that it's hard to explain why I can't get into her... she does have many good qualities. For me I guess she just lacks connection.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Siraj looked technically good to me (except the salchow, obviously), but I didn't really like this program, artistically...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Anna KHNYCHENKOVA (UKR)

Music: Overture from "Don Juan" by Felix Gray

3F - ok, hangs on
3Lo
3S+2T
FCSp
3T - fall
2A
LSp
2A+2T
3T+2T
StSq
CCoSp

FS: 43.24 + 34.42 - 1.00 = 76.66
Tot: 121.62, in 4th (out of 8)

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Don't like the Ukranian either. She looks terrified going into each jump and then deflates coming out of them even when they are landed solidly. It makes me feel like there is no pride in her skating... there is no flare after a cleanly landed jump (and I'm not even talking about transitions, I'm taking about head held high). Pretty spins.

katymay

Medalist
I don't live Yasmin though I find it hard to pinpoint why. Her posture and spin positions could use work but other than that it's hard to explain why I can't get into her... she does have many good qualities. For me I guess she just lacks connection.

Some years back she would have been competitive, say pre-Asada/Kim years. For me, she is just...well., forgettable. All the right pieces are there, in all the right places but....

mskater93

Record Breaker
Siraj looked technically good to me (except the salchow, obviously), but I didn't really like this program, artistically...

Agreed, something about her skating comes across as awkward (? Not sure if that's what I mean)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Xiaowen GUO (CHN)

Music: Grenada

3Lz+2T - e
3F - fall
3Lo - perhaps <
LSp
3S+2T
2A
StSq
3T - shaky, tried to hold onto landing
3S - fall
FCSp
CCoSp

A lot of the jumps might be UR, see tight landing.

FS: 27.40 - 35.71 - 2.00 = 61.11
Tot: 107.55, in 7th (out of 9)

Last edited:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Some years back she would have been competitive, say pre-Asada/Kim years. For me, she is just...well., forgettable. All the right pieces are there, in all the right places but....

Agreed, something about her skating comes across as awkward (? Not sure if that's what I mean)
Agree: she has all the triples, she has a 3-3, her spins are good, her steps too (level 4 in the SP), but there is something in her skating at the moment that doesn't allow me to like her... :think: Both Miller and Wang would have been able to do a lot better than 139!

Reginald

Match Penalty
It was funny how all of the "gift pickup" girls tried to run to get the black thing that was thrown onto the ice for Xiaowen GUO.

pennyraby66

Spectator
Thanks for sharing all this info with us.. our niece Gabby is due to skate soon... Wish her all the best of luck and hugs....

Thanks again for posting or I wouldnt be watching her skate...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ivett TOTH (HUN)

Music: Barcelona by John Tesh

2A
3F - fall
3S+2T
3T+2T - shaky landing
CCoSp
3S
LSp - shaky on catch-foot, perhaps lost level
2A+1T
StSq
FCSp
2T

She looks disappointed... She doesn't have a lot of prep into the jumps

FS: 33.11 + 35.21 - 1.00 = 67.32
Tot: 113.34 (PB), in 7th (out of 10)

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Toth may have the most awful music for skating that I've ever heard. Of course YMMV.

I swear Slater is drunk. He's just babbling inane rubbish non stop.

Toth may have the most awful music for skating that I've ever heard. Of course YMMV.

It's very good for skating. Changes of tempo and intensity and a lot of highlights.