2013 Junior Worlds Ladies FS | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2013 Junior Worlds Ladies FS

lcd

Match Penalty
Agree that Miyahara has so many qualities which will bode well for her as she matures. A headshaker when comments like "her future is clouded now" are made. Really? At 14? Through the next several years at this age, each of these girls will go through so many changes - of body, skills, mindset - in which case how can any one of their futures be anything other than cloudy? Overly simplistic.

Disappoitning for Japan. Combined placements thus far means only 2 spots for Junior Worlds next year. Also, not top 3 country placement with Russia, USA, Canada. Unless the rules have changed, means won't have as many slots for Junior Grand Prix events either.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Samantha will need a personal best of 105.64 to get on the podium....

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Just wondering - is it considered good technique to land her jumps with such bent knees? I always thought it was a product of her low jumps...

Haha, I think exactly the same way. It appears to me that if she does not have that much knee bend, she won't land any of her jumps at all (knee bend allows her to land when her body is much lower)

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I liked Pogorilaya. The landing weren't perfect. Not sure if it is enough for to medal. Enjoyed Miyahara but her jumps are so tiny, like her overall style though.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Samantha CESARIO (USA)

Music: Black Swan (soundtrack) by Clint Mansell

3Lz - e
3F+2T
3Lo - perhaps 3Lo<
FSSp
3S
3F
LSp
3Lo+2T+2Lo - perhaps 3Lo<
StSq
2A+2A+SEQ
CCoSp

Strong clean skate! I don't think it's enough for gold, but perhaps silver?

FS: 47.50 + 52.36 = 99.86
Tot: 154.44, in 4th

She got UR's

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Oh my gosh, Samantha! THAT was great!! Jason Brown looks thrilled. :biggrin:

Cesario won't medal but it was my favourite performance BY FAR.

Finally some HIGH jumps. Solid landings with good flow out as well. Lovely use of arms, really mature presentation.

It was a stunning, stunning program.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Samantha doesn't have the tech difficulty, but I'm hoping +GOE will make up for that.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Good for Samantha Cesario! Clean! She can't out-TES the little girls but she sure looks like a Lady out there. :agree:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Who cares if she didn't do a triple triple it was a real lady skater out there not someone who looked 12.