2013 Junior Worlds Ladies FS | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2013 Junior Worlds Ladies FS

Kinga

Medalist
I'm a bit puzzled by Samantha's PCS. She was below Elena and just narrowly beat Julia... seriously? :eek:hwell:
Satoko's PCS were a joke. It's a shame that, at least in the judges' eyes, her qualities as an overall skater are overshadowed by her tiny jumps.

Yes, it's a shame that this is selective and concerns only some skaters but not the others. Especially that Satoko was really superior in terms of choreography, SS and interpretation.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anna was overmarked, her jumps landings were a mess, none were secured. Samantha should be 3rd.

I haven't seen the protocols, but if those jumps aren't heavily marked with negative GOE... then something is definitely wrong.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks to CaroLiza I found a better link and was able to watch the final flight. Congrats to the the Russian Sweep!
Elena and Julia were great. I also loved Satoko M. program.

To bad about the ur's for Samantha. Not crazy about her placement, just saying.....

marcolee925

Rinkside
5 jumps called UR for Cesario, plus final spin level 1 only. I would say only some of the calls are warranted, but this looks more like a calculated move...

She was NOT 6 points worse than the bronze medalist, more like 6 points better.

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is why i hate this scoring system. They pick apart every little thing. And even then they seem to be blind when they look at the replays.

Cherryy

On the Ice
Here we see one thing that really frustrates me. If the jump is URed the judges just never give positive GOE, even if the UR was just slight and the jumps were huge. If the jump is URed but there's no major interruption and apart from underrotated landing the jump was huge, high or with arms over head, whatever, judges should be able to give it a positive GOE. Is it written somewhere in the rules that underrotated jumps cannot get positive GOE? It often happens that at the end of 3-2-2L there's an underrotation call but everything else was fine, yet the combination gets -1/-2 GOEs

Kinga

Medalist
I hate this sport as much as I love it...

TES is TES, PCS is PCS. Those are two different things.

Somebody can land six quads. If they aren't skating to the music, they aren't skating to the music and should get destroyed on the IN mark.

Why can't the stupid judges start marking different aspects of skating independently. It's just so frustrating.

I doubt this will happen.... Ever. It is super frustrating!

Looking at the protocols, Cesario got hosed both on the PCS and the GOE.

Her jumps were high and had secure landings with good speed and flow out. Even if she underrotated her jumps, those qualities would offset that and I'd give her base GOE overall.

Yes, it's a shame that this is selective and concerns only some skaters but not the others. Especially that Satoko was really superior in terms of choreography, SS and interpretation.

I thought Miyahara had the best program tonight. And she presented it just beautifully.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am shocked. I didn't see Russia getting a sweep not with the US ladies around. I am not sure if Sam deserved bronze but maybe this is "karma or a balancing act because many felt the US didn't deserve gold in the pairs? thanks to Russia the US domination was prevented but who would have thought....The future looks good for the good ole USA!!!! Canada showed some promise here too - almost three ladies I think.

katymay

Medalist
Elena Radionova was fantastic, deserved 1 st place.

On the positive, she is a very well conditioned athlete, she never loses speed. However, she is pre-pubescent. We'll see in a few years. (Puberty in women blows stamina to bits) The negative is her jumps, while fully rotated, lack power.

katymay

Medalist
Also, her last spin was level 1 (and all other spins were just level 3).

Also, frankly, she lost speed at the end. But how funny to be this picky, as many years in the not to distant past, this program could have won U.S. Nationals.

Cherryy

On the Ice
One more thing - if Courtney hadn't received a -1 time violation, she would have been ahead of Samantha in the free

luckyguy

Match Penalty
Poor Samantha. I loved her programm.

What do you think about Chartrand? I see a bright future for her.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Happy for our girls, of course, but I really thought that Cesario will be the 3d:scratch: Her tes is blah BUT she executed everything really well what our girls couldn't do today + her pcs NO DOUBT should have been high enough to put aside Pogorilaya. I didn't like her at all..