2013 Junior Worlds Ladies FS | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2013 Junior Worlds Ladies FS

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Wow. I am really enjoying Radionova. She's got little jumps but she's a little person right now. Hopefully her jumps and power will grow proportionally when she does. For a 14-year old she works nicely with her music and has an "it" quality that I don't get from the other Russian juniors here.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Another 14 year old jumping bean. Where will she be in a year or two when she grows? Will those small jumps get bigger?

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Julia's Points To Beat is only 0.1 more than her Seasons Best. This could be close.

burntBREAD

Medalist
As much as I like Radionova, I think Serafima S. (JGP next year, probably) is even better. Much more controlled in her movement.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Julia LIPNITSKAIA (RUS)

Music: Nutcracker by Peter I. Tchaikovski

2A+3T+2T
2A+3T
3Lz
3Lo
FCSp
3F+2T - e
3F - e, held on a bit
2S
StSq
LSp
CCoSp

Another very strong skate, just a double salchow. Hard to tell if it will beat Radionova?

FS: 59.70 + 52.11 = 111.81
Tot: 165.67, in 2nd (out of 21)

Score somewhat lower than I expected.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Solid performance from Julia....It think it may be enough?? I have no idea how the judges will score this relative to Elena...

tulosai

Record Breaker
I don't care what anyone says about Julia she has the best spins in the business.

This is probably her best free all season. I am very happy for her.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Julia's best skate since Finlandia !!!!
Im soo happy, taht should beat Radionova !!!!!

Radionova and Lipnitskaia are great skaters and the technical elements were extremely impressive but those programs were just horrid. Hardly any connection to the music, random arm movements and/or kicks that served no purpose. It was just bad bad bad choreography.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Very interesting to see Lipnitskaya and Radionova in juxtaposition. I don't see much "it" factor in Julia at all, there's not much relating to music or to the audience. She's bendy but I'm not seeing anything to excite me here. My prediction is that Radionova will become the better skater.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Very interesting to see Lipnitskaya and Radionova in juxtaposition. I don't see much "it" factor in Julia at all, there's not much relating to music or to the audience. She's bendy but I'm not seeing anything to excite me here. My prediction is that Radionova will become the better skater.

Gotta wait for puberty. No way to know now. Of course it's just my opinion.