Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 21 of 21

Thread: Weaver/Poje article in Dance International magazine (Mar 2)

  1. #16
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,674
    I like them; I was hoing they would win bronze but now top 5 would be gold.

  2. #17
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    You'll be cheering on behalf of many of your GS friends who can't be there.
    You bet! I wish so many more here could go. I've often had the fantasy that if I won a lottery (I don't play so unlikely) I would splurge by getting a group of GS and FSUers and pay for the whole shot for a big skating event. Tickets, deluxe accommodation, fabulous food. Only requirement? Be prepared to have fun and enjoy the company! If we can have oval passports, why not this?

  3. #18
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    That would be fun. We have to design a flag first, of course. (Hmmm. Should the flag be oval, too? Or maybe this is what could be hexagonal. Not an octagon; it will look like a stop sign.) A red maple leaf on a field of stars? That takes in Canada, the U.S., Australia, and heaps of other countries that have stars on their flags. Some of which, like Burundi, have not yet applied for membership in the ISU. It's only a matter of time. Skating as an international unifying force!

  4. #19
    Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    So great that they're going to be at Worlds'. No expectations for how they're going to do. Just getting back on the ice is a miracle for me. I plan to stand and ovate!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    If we can have oval passports, why not this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    ... We have to design a flag first, of course. (Hmmm. Should the flag be oval, too? Or maybe this is what could be hexagonal. Not an octagon; it will look like a stop sign.)
    Scrufflet, I hope that you and other lucky attendees have a great time at Worlds. Happy "ovating"! Best to Weaver/Poje and all the competitors.

    Don't know how the fanciful allusions to geometry originated (??? ovation ==> ovate ==> oval ??? was that the evolution?), but here is a quirky fun fact:
    In December, Russia issued rectangular coins as Sochi 2014 collectibles. (Can't remember whether I made note somewhere on GS at the time.)
    http://www.cbr.ru/eng/bank-notes_coi...121217_eng.htm

    One of the coin images from the link above:

  5. #20
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Scrufflet, I hope that you and other lucky attendees have a great time at Worlds. Happy "ovating"! Best to Weaver/Poje and all the competitors.

    Don't know how the fanciful allusions to geometry originated (??? ovation ==> ovate ==> oval ??? was that the evolution?), but here is a quirky fun fact:
    In December, Russia issued rectangular coins as Sochi 2014 collectibles. (Can't remember whether I made note somewhere on GS at the time.)
    http://www.cbr.ru/eng/bank-notes_coi...121217_eng.htm

    One of the coin images from the link above:
    So glad I didn't have clumsy thumbsies and say that I'd be ovulating!

  6. #21
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    That would be fun. We have to design a flag first, of course. (Hmmm. Should the flag be oval, too? Or maybe this is what could be hexagonal. Not an octagon; it will look like a stop sign.) A red maple leaf on a field of stars? That takes in Canada, the U.S., Australia, and heaps of other countries that have stars on their flags. Some of which, like Burundi, have not yet applied for membership in the ISU. It's only a matter of time. Skating as an international unifying force!
    Aha, I knew you would rise to the challenge. You get to do the flag and passports. I insist upon being in charge of champagne and chocolate!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •