Where does Emanuel Sandhu go from here? | Golden Skate

Where does Emanuel Sandhu go from here?

Snoopy15

On the Ice
First post, if any problems, please move this post. Thanks.
Any news or resources on what his future plans are?
I'm praying that he continues at least one more year, his skating is lovely and very emotional.
Here's his performance from an exhibition I went to; enjoy it and elaborate on your thoughts s'il vous plait.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB48yQI3MHM

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
He is a great show skater, and he should do that. His ability to interpret music is wonderful and is perfect for professional-type shows. He simply does not have the technical content to compete at the international level.

noskates

Record Breaker
I have always enjoyed Emanuel's skating but he's another skater who makes me bite my nails and grit my teeth. I agree that he doesn't have the technical content to compete successfully in this time but even when he did his inconsistency was glaring. He would have a beautiful short and then his long was a splat fest. He would have a bad short and his long would be beautiful. IIRC he started skating later than most and is a classically trained dancer. His lines are simpley gorgeous. When he stopped competing I thought he went back to dance???

I agree that he would make a perfect show skater. No pressure to land a quad, no pressure to land 3A's, etc. He always had interesting programs choreographed to perfection with the music, etc. but I don't think competing is in his future.

Thanks for the vids.

Love this guy, but his competition skating gives me nervous fits. I hope he finds a show to skate in.

emma

Record Breaker
I love Emanuel's skating oh so much; but yes, when he was competing, I had nervous fits too. But, when he competed at Canadian's this year, i felt it to be a very joyful experience - I don't know what he wanted, but as a fan, I could just sit back and smile and be happy to see him compete again, and to seem so happy to just compete regardless of placements. Although I do wish there were a successful 'pro-circuit' for this kind of thing, it is nice that there is (still some) room for a range of different competitors at nationals who come not just with different skills sets, but different agendas or motivations for competing.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well, despite his past history folks I think we have to give the guy some time to up his technical ante. Gosh he practiced for like only a month after a long lay off - I think he did mighty fine. You can tell the spins need huge work and he needs to get the axel and lutz but can you imagine with like just limited practice and not skating so long. Some good conditioning, working on power and speed, work on the spins, jumps, footwork he seriously could be Canada's third guy if they earn a third spot for the Olympics. It would take work but If he could up his pcs he could beat those in canada with more content. "but he would need to train full time and have some resources and that is the problem probably.

noskates

Record Breaker
Aww SkaterBoy, if only that would be true. I wish Emmanuel lots of luck, particularly since he seems to have re-found his love of skating. It's just not easy for me to forget his past history. He was much younger then, less injury prone and he still had trouble with his technical skills. I just don't have faith that training full-out is going to help him be more consistent with his jumps. I don't have faith that training full-out is going to give him a decent, consistent quad. I think his spins and footwork would come along fairly well with practice. The rest of his skating is truly beautiful but that just isn't enough anymore. Kudos to him for trying though! And let's not forget the man is 32 years old!!! I imagine his dancing has kept him alot more limber than most his age but.........that's alot of wear and tear on the body even for men in their mid-twenties as we're finding out!