Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: 2014 Europeans in Budapest

  1. #1
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    50

    Question 2014 Europeans in Budapest

    dose anyone know the name and the adress of the ice rink ?
    just to prepare my travel ( hotel etc etc )
    thanks from france
    fab

  2. #2
    Custom Title plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,427
    Quote Originally Posted by abfab View Post
    dose anyone know the name and the adress of the ice rink ?
    just to prepare my travel ( hotel etc etc )
    thanks from france
    fab
    http://www.budapest.com/szabadido/es...noksag.hu.html

  3. #3
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    137
    I'm pretty sure that this is not where it's gonna be. There's no rink at the place where the map shows. It's the very centre of Budapest and that's why it's shown. That website only says that the event is going to be in Budapest.

    In 2004 the EC was in Budapest. That year it was held in Papp László Budapest Sports Arena. Kings on Ice in 2011 was also organised here. My guess is that the EC next year will also be held here but I'm not sure. I haven't read it anywhere yet where it will be organised.
    Last edited by Bea; 03-03-2013 at 06:10 AM.

  4. #4
    Custom Title plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Bea View Post
    I'm pretty sure that this is not where it's gonna be. There's no rink at the place where the map shows. It's the very centre of Budapest and that's why it's shown. That website only says that the event is going to be in Budapest.

    In 2004 the EC was in Budapest. That year it was held in Papp László Budapest Sports Arena. Kings on Ice in 2010 was also organised here. My guess is that the EC next year will also be held here but I'm not sure. I haven't read it anywhere yet where it will be organised.
    Yes, the competition will be held in Papp László Budapest Sports Arena, but we can find hotels in that website, and some other informations.

    (p.s. I was on KOI )
    Last edited by plushyfan; 03-03-2013 at 06:16 AM.

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    Yes, the competition will be held in Papp László Budapest Sports Arena, but we can find hotels in that website, and some other informations.

    (p.s. I was on KOI )
    Ok, I see. I didn't realize that, I was concentrating on the map.
    But I'm curious. Where do you know about it for sure?

    I went to KOI as well, it was great.

  6. #6
    Custom Title plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Bea View Post
    Ok, I see. I didn't realize that, I was concentrating on the map.
    But I'm curious. Where do you know about it for sure?

    I went to KOI as well, it was great.
    I don't know anything, I used the Google.

  7. #7
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    I don't know anything, I used the Google.
    thanks for your answers , will have to wait about the event's site.
    fab

  8. #8
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    435
    The Hotel which directly connected to the ice rink and the whole event is: Hotel Arena.
    There is a direct passage to the ice rink from there.
    I'm sure all competitors and officials will also stay there. The Hotel has something like 250 rooms or so.

  9. #9
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    50

    hotel budapest

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdeal View Post
    The Hotel which directly connected to the ice rink and the whole event is: Hotel Arena.
    There is a direct passage to the ice rink from there.
    I'm sure all competitors and officials will also stay there. The Hotel has something like 250 rooms or so.
    379 rooms and 57 eu / night and not full yet !!!

  10. #10
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    When we booked in Zagreb at the official hotel directly opposite of the arena, the hotel was empty and it was months ago. Then two weeks before Euros, hotel cancelled our reservation claiming overbooking and that ISU wants only athletes etc there, while we knew people who stayed there anyway. My advice is to book an alternative hotel too.

  11. #11
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by abfab View Post
    379 rooms and 57 eu / night and not full yet !!!
    strange, I'm looking at that hotel since I come back from Euros and it always says no room available

  12. #12
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    243
    Does anyone know dates for Euro 2014?
    It will be Olympic year and FS at Olympics will start on Feb 06, so Euro probably will be moved earlier.

  13. #13
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    50

    european's 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by bestskate8 View Post
    Does anyone know dates for Euro 2014?
    It will be Olympic year and FS at Olympics will start on Feb 06, so Euro probably will be moved earlier.
    13 to 19 january = isu calendar

  14. #14
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,702
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    When we booked in Zagreb at the official hotel directly opposite of the arena, the hotel was empty and it was months ago. Then two weeks before Euros, hotel cancelled our reservation claiming overbooking and that ISU wants only athletes etc there, while we knew people who stayed there anyway. My advice is to book an alternative hotel too.
    That's unacceptable. And shady.
    Very much like some hotels in Sochi that I made points reservations for 2014. They unconfirmed my reservations, claiming it was special occasion blah blah.

  15. #15
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,702
    I will be in Europe the same week. I'm wondering if I should hop to BUD for a few days to watch Caro. Budapest is below freezing in Jan, dark, and a bit sad, so I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •