2014 Europeans in Budapest | Golden Skate

2014 Europeans in Budapest

abfab

Rinkside
dose anyone know the name and the adress of the ice rink ?
just to prepare my travel ( hotel etc etc )
thanks from france
fab

Bea

On the Ice

I'm pretty sure that this is not where it's gonna be. There's no rink at the place where the map shows. It's the very centre of Budapest and that's why it's shown. That website only says that the event is going to be in Budapest.

In 2004 the EC was in Budapest. That year it was held in Papp László Budapest Sports Arena. Kings on Ice in 2011 was also organised here. My guess is that the EC next year will also be held here but I'm not sure. I haven't read it anywhere yet where it will be organised.

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I'm pretty sure that this is not where it's gonna be. There's no rink at the place where the map shows. It's the very centre of Budapest and that's why it's shown. That website only says that the event is going to be in Budapest.

In 2004 the EC was in Budapest. That year it was held in Papp László Budapest Sports Arena. Kings on Ice in 2010 was also organised here. My guess is that the EC next year will also be held here but I'm not sure. I haven't read it anywhere yet where it will be organised.

Yes, the competition will be held in Papp László Budapest Sports Arena, but we can find hotels in that website, and some other informations.

(p.s. I was on KOI;) )

Last edited:

Bea

On the Ice
Yes, the competition will be held in Papp László Budapest Sports Arena, but we can find hotels in that website, and some other informations.

(p.s. I was on KOI;) )

Ok, I see. I didn't realize that, I was concentrating on the map. :)
But I'm curious. Where do you know about it for sure?

I went to KOI as well, it was great. :)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Ok, I see. I didn't realize that, I was concentrating on the map. :)
But I'm curious. Where do you know about it for sure?

I went to KOI as well, it was great. :)

I don't know anything, I used the Google. :)

Big Deal

Final Flight
The Hotel which directly connected to the ice rink and the whole event is: Hotel Arena.
There is a direct passage to the ice rink from there.
I'm sure all competitors and officials will also stay there. The Hotel has something like 250 rooms or so.

abfab

Rinkside
hotel budapest

The Hotel which directly connected to the ice rink and the whole event is: Hotel Arena.
There is a direct passage to the ice rink from there.
I'm sure all competitors and officials will also stay there. The Hotel has something like 250 rooms or so.

379 rooms and 57 eu / night and not full yet !!!

seniorita

Record Breaker
When we booked in Zagreb at the official hotel directly opposite of the arena, the hotel was empty and it was months ago. Then two weeks before Euros, hotel cancelled our reservation claiming overbooking and that ISU wants only athletes etc there, while we knew people who stayed there anyway. My advice is to book an alternative hotel too.

bestskate8

On the Ice
Does anyone know dates for Euro 2014?
It will be Olympic year and FS at Olympics will start on Feb 06, so Euro probably will be moved earlier.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
When we booked in Zagreb at the official hotel directly opposite of the arena, the hotel was empty and it was months ago. Then two weeks before Euros, hotel cancelled our reservation claiming overbooking and that ISU wants only athletes etc there, while we knew people who stayed there anyway. My advice is to book an alternative hotel too.

That's unacceptable. And shady.
Very much like some hotels in Sochi that I made points reservations for 2014. They unconfirmed my reservations, claiming it was special occasion blah blah.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I will be in Europe the same week. I'm wondering if I should hop to BUD for a few days to watch Caro. Budapest is below freezing in Jan, dark, and a bit sad, so I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I will be in Europe the same week. I'm wondering if I should hop to BUD for a few days to watch Caro. Budapest is below freezing in Jan, dark, and a bit sad, so I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble.

Budapest is worth the trouble!!!!
Always!!! Budapest is not always cold in January, and isn't dark, isn't darker than Vienna or Prague. Check it the latitudes! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0wkokaybWA
and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex1VoFiVBNI Incredible beautiful!!!
If you still feel cold, you can go to a warm bath.:agree: Budapest is the city of baths and spa!

bestskate8

On the Ice

Budapest is worth the trouble!!!!
Always!!! Budapest is not always cold in January, and isn't dark, isn't darker than Vienna or Prague. Check it the latitudes! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0wkokaybWA
and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex1VoFiVBNI Incredible beautiful!!!
If you still feel cold, you can go to a warm bath.:agree: Budapest is the city of baths and spa!

:agree:

I didn't know about baths and spa.

I am going to book hotel and see how I can get tickets for the event.

And thanks for dates, ISU moved Euro one week earlier.